Notices

Stress,upon stress,upon stress.

Old 11-17-2021, 11:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Stress,upon stress,upon stress.

Evening all 😊
moving = stress lol, it's been a flipping stressful time I can tell you, I've boxes upon boxes all over the bloody place.
I pick up my keys to my brand new house tomorrow 😃.
I've been sober/clean 708 days, 10 hours. Who'd of thought it eh?
I was a flipping train wreck, on the merry go round.
lately I've had lots of memories of my dodgy past, feels like a lifetime ago. I actually like having them now, because it reminds me to be very conscious that one slip could cause me to get back on that merry go round. NOT TODAY SATAN, lol.
Going to a new house also means some of the more painful memories are left behind.
New house, New beginnings, New memories.
it wasn't long ago I thought, well is this it now I given up drink etc, I didnt feel the euphoria, I felt disappointed I didn't have any joy in life any more. I almost felt bereaved, bored, I kinda thought I missed the chaos. BOY was I wrong. I'm in a place of contentment (even though I'm stressed lol) I can honestly say I'm happy, I never thought I'd feel happy again to be honest.
I think what I'm saying is to have patience, Rome wasn't built in a day, it takes time.
keep going, one day at a time, even one hour at a time.
wishing everyone love, strength an a breathing hug if you need one
love as always
Doris xxx
Old 11-17-2021, 11:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow, hi Doris! Good update.

Congrats on moving into your new house and on continuing to embrace sobriety. Good stuff.
Old 11-17-2021, 11:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Moving is very stressful but sounds like you are securely in recovery Doris
It’s good to hear from you - Good luck with the move!

D
Old 11-17-2021, 11:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on your new house and your wonderful sober time!
Old 11-17-2021, 11:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good to hear from you guys, names that I remember well, big hugs and thank you xxxx
Old 11-17-2021, 11:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Moving is very stressful, so good for you for getting through this. I wish you well in your new home.
Old 11-17-2021, 12:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Doris47 View Post
Evening all 😊
moving = stress lol, it's been a flipping stressful time I can tell you, I've boxes upon boxes all over the bloody place.
I pick up my keys to my brand new house tomorrow 😃.
I've been sober/clean 708 days, 10 hours. Who'd of thought it eh?
I was a flipping train wreck, on the merry go round.
lately I've had lots of memories of my dodgy past, feels like a lifetime ago. I actually like having them now, because it reminds me to be very conscious that one slip could cause me to get back on that merry go round. NOT TODAY SATAN, lol.
Going to a new house also means some of the more painful memories are left behind.
New house, New beginnings, New memories.
it wasn't long ago I thought, well is this it now I given up drink etc, I didnt feel the euphoria, I felt disappointed I didn't have any joy in life any more. I almost felt bereaved, bored, I kinda thought I missed the chaos. BOY was I wrong. I'm in a place of contentment (even though I'm stressed lol) I can honestly say I'm happy, I never thought I'd feel happy again to be honest.
I think what I'm saying is to have patience, Rome wasn't built in a day, it takes time.
keep going, one day at a time, even one hour at a time.

wishing everyone love, strength an a breathing hug if you need one
love as always
Doris xxx
Yeah Doris… I like what you said about new beginnings, new memories to build…It’s like not having the horrible reminders of drinking staring us in the face giving us many temptations.

I wanna get to that happy place you seem to be. Yes, it will take time and like you said you never thought you’d ever feel happy again but your testimony shows it’s possible.

Thanks for sharing that bit of encouragement.
Old 11-17-2021, 12:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Awww you're welcome, encouragement is such a huge influence on our mental well-being. I have **** days like everyone else, but I just smash a plate, instead of getting smashed lol.
What we are 'ALL' trying to do, is to be better than we were yesterday, an that's the best we can do 😊.
There is life beyond the bottle. Grab it with both hands, we are all here for one reason, and that reason is to get through our darkest days together.
xxx
Old 11-17-2021, 01:44 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your sober time and thanks for your post 🙏
Old 11-17-2021, 02:25 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Brilliant!

Old 11-18-2021, 02:28 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Doris47,
"days like everyone else, but I just smash a plate, instead of getting smashed lol.

What we are 'ALL' trying to do, is to be better than we were yesterday, an that's the best we can do 😊.
There is life beyond the bottle. Grab it with both hands"

This brought tears to my eyes, we all know how hard it is to get there so when you grab it Don't let go.
Old 11-18-2021, 04:10 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I've always said that If I move again EVERYTHING in this house is sold with the purchase of the home. Packing and unpacking....Ya, No thank you.
Congrats on your sobriety and for the update. Keep on moving forward! You have changed your life.
Old 11-18-2021, 05:40 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Great work Doris!

I just sold a house and am in the process of building another so I feel your pain.
I however have not handled the stress as well as you. No drinking but I was in a rough place for a while.

Congrats on the new place and new life!
Old 11-18-2021, 05:59 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thank you, Doris.

Congrats on your move, your words of wisdom and encouragement are so very much appreciated.

Most of all, wonderful for you to update us on your new life. You’ve built one that you love, therefore you won’t go back. You didn’t sugar coat your journey. It’s tough, but doable, and sometimes life still throws us 💩, but we teach ourselves other things to get out the stress, like smashing plates instead of our souls.

Much love,