Notices

Codename: Sobear

Old 11-13-2021, 08:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Codename: Sobear

So, bear with me. Someone suggested I should make a separate thread for this

This is an app (widget) on Garmin smartwatches, particularly the vivoactive4 - but if interested is shown, I may may publicly release it, supporting Garmin, Polar and Apple.

Now, I have several ideas as for how it should work. As in patterns (I made some mock data that basically analyzes when the risk of a relapse is highest - How well you've been doing, or how how bad you've been doing.)

You get a +/- button for cravings, ranging from "No worries" to "Critical" - and when the cravings are high, the app is supposed to give you positive re-enforcement, as in "In just another X day you will be at X weeks" (/something along that effect)

It will keep track of if/when you relapse, record your overall sobriety time - some may not hit that reset button as it may feel like such a disappointment - The app will give you two options; 1) Reset everything, or 2) Continue the count, but register a relapse.

I've got the basics, but it's still too basic to show a screenshot. (Just days/hours/minutes, along with a progress bar, showing you how close you are to the next day/hour/minute)

Let me know if you're interested in updates, and I'll keep you updated.
Old 11-14-2021, 02:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good luck with your app. Tracking daily progress often yields helpful and sometimes unexpected results.