Notices

Keep on moving forward

Old 11-10-2021, 05:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Keep on moving forward

- My sobriety is the most important achievement in my life. Don't expect it to be important to others. Its not. Its my GIFT!

- Making a firm decision to remain sober in the morning sets you up for a day and night of sobriety.

- Having a community of people to talk to is invaluable

- Structure is one of the most important aspects of my life and keeps me on even ground.

- Learning about my mental health and overcoming anxiety and rumination has been one of the biggest challenges I've encountered but I will not be defeated. I will always have some mental health stuff going on. Its not a negative. It helps me to have empathy and compassion. Speak up. Know your truth. Learn. Overcome. Overcome. Overcome.

-Change does not happen over night. Each day requires diligent effort towards goals and towards change. Sometimes I step forward and then step back. Sometimes I am walking sideways. I get there..... I wont be defeated.

- Positive thoughts and gratitude do not come naturally. Gratitude and positivity are a skill set that must be built.

- Goals are powerful and worthy of setting. Simone Biles did not wake up being the GOAT. Set those goals and work towards them daily.

- Sugar is amazing and its also an addiction.

- Do something you love every single day. I run. I sing. I dance around my house. I make a lot of noise.

- Keep talking. Keep reaching. Keep praying. Keep your eye on the prize.

- A spiritual foundation has centered a restless Mizz.

- Taking one day a week to rest means I am taking care of myself. It does not mean I am lazy.

- Books on Audible are amazing

- People really do have a lot of stuff going on. I'm not alone in my craziness.

- Its none of my business what others think of me. Its no ones business what I think of them.

- Having an active addiction to alcohol creates a lot of powerless feelings and thoughts. Alcoholism destroys the good. Taking back your life and living free from addiction is powerful. Life affirming. Positive.

- We can win over our challenges with solutions. Be solution oriented. Find the answer. Own your decisions. Own your life. Keep on moving forward!
Old 11-10-2021, 08:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I like it all Mizz. Like a bullet list of helpful thoughts and sober practices. Here's to the better life.
Old 11-10-2021, 08:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Fantastic list of tools, and positive reflections on what worked for you, Mizz!

I was reminded of several just reading through your list. Thank you!