Notices

So sick and tired

Old 11-09-2021, 06:10 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thank you guys so much!! Great advice you've given me! And I did bring crackers to nibble on. Dreading having to meet with my boss but we have some clients to discuss. I feel like anyone who looks at me will know I'm an alcoholic. Free guy, I will definitely take your advice and try focusing on one task at a time. Thanks for all of you...for being here!
Old 11-09-2021, 06:11 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Sorry! I meant free2bme...not freeguy. I'm still trying to figure out to respond to people on this forum.
Old 11-09-2021, 06:43 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

What I have learned here and from bad experiences is there is no moderation. We are alcoholics and the cure is no alcohol. It’s that simple.

It’s hard to come to grips with when we see normal people having a drink. But that’s not us.
Old 11-09-2021, 10:02 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AAPJ View Post
Sometimes it's just a matter of changing your perspective. Does this make sense to you?

I've had a lot to drink lately and it's made my life even worse.
You're soooo right!! I can handle life much better when I'm not binge drinking! I had it backwards.
Old 11-09-2021, 10:17 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

One step at a time, one day at a time. Any wobble, post here, read here. Rooting for you Katlyn
Old 11-09-2021, 01:38 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DriGuy View Post
You sound seriously ill. I'm not judging that by your hangover at the moment, but by the way you drink. You need to quit. No more alcohol ever, not on those bad days when you need to escape, not on the good days when you need to celebrate, and not on those days when you feel like you can handle just one.

I'm not pushing AA, but why didn't you stick with it? I think this is important, because whatever method of recovery you use, you need to stick with it. Recovery is an "all in" type behavior. You cannot cheat, not because it's a rule. It's because cheating is not recovery. It's just continuing doing what you already do, and just look at where you are in life right now. This has to change. The only alternative to changing is remaining where you are now. It's binary; You only have two choices. There is not a third way out of this.

Start by fighting the cravings to drink. Avoid risk situations. Don't go out with your drinking friends on Friday. When you start to crave, try to distract yourself. Yes, this is hard, and if you had to do it for the rest of your life, it would be Hell, but after a few days of craving, it will start to become manageable, and it keeps getting better and easier. One drink won't take the edge off either. It just cancels out any progress you have made.

Hang out here and participate. Learn how others have done it. I drank for 30 years. I've been sober for 25, and I can't tell you how much better life is without any alcohol, not one drop.
Hi Driguy! I'm on break at work and am re-reading everyone's posts. I really want to be "All in"! I can't take this anymore. Alcohol is going to destroy everything. In fact, it has done lots of damage over the years in so many ways. I've almost made it through work today. I've drank lots of water and managed to eat chicken noodle soup and crackers. I'm filled with shame over my repeated drinking binges. I have to run my son's girlfriend on some errands after work as her car broke down but when I get home. I'm going to line out a plan!