Notices

Baby Steps Weekenders ~ 05-08 November 2021

Old 11-04-2021, 09:05 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Here’s another try

Congrats on shotgun, Hawkeye!

Awesome new avatar Willow!

Anyway, running out of time now, but posting views we saw coming down from our board of review meeting for our lot. We are approved.

Its quite the process.

From searching for a place/land, to purchasing it once found, finding a company to do survey, closing on property, finding an architect, etc.

Now have it approved.

Many more steps to go.

Same with my sobriety journey. Make the decision, do all the work in baby steps. I initially had to count my hours, then days. Now a few days go by without me needing to count. It’s a process, a healing process from a sick mind and body. One of the steps for me is changing the thought from I CANT drink to I DONT WANT TO. All of those steps are necessary.

Anyway, here are the pics. Hope this all goes through.

Enjoy the process of unfolding, of developing a new life—and have a sober day!

Old 11-04-2021, 09:12 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thankyou Mags
Going to do some star gazing tonight its cold but the skys are clear Saturn and Jupiter are very clear in the sky at the moment, first sparkles you see in the evening sky before its fully dark ✨ enjoy the weekend ahead everyone.
Old 11-04-2021, 10:37 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Magsie

Marty, I can understand being frustrated in a job you loved until it’s becoming unbearable and being underpaid your worth. It’s seems companies put more and more workload on their employers with no recompense.
Giving yourself some rules…. a list of priorities of what you are willing to do and not do in your workload to stay in your job may help get you through until you retire and then enjoy your last few years there.

Free2bme stunning photos. Sorry you lost your post. Did you see the ‘restore auto-saved contents button on the left hand corner of the text box. It usually saves what you’ve written.

MesaMan beautiful photo.

Least, I understand about the baby steps in recovery of health too. It really has helped us.
Old 11-04-2021, 11:47 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

The PT came today and brought the ultrasound machine. Gave me a 10 minute treatment and afterward, applied some kind of pain relieving cream, which felt pretty good. She said she'd give me an ultrasound treatment again tomorrow.

Baby steps, yes. My first month of so of sobriety, I was counting victories just for staying sober for an hour or a day. Little things meant a lot to me, and the support I got here meant the world to me. I will always be grateful that I found SR and joined.
Old 11-04-2021, 03:59 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

In for another sober weekend! (Thanks Sao!)

Thanks everyone for being here
Old 11-04-2021, 04:25 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

So grateful for all the help I've gotten from friends and family during this stressful time.

No matter how bad things get, there's always something to be grateful for.

And of course I'm grateful that I don't drink anymore.
Old 11-04-2021, 04:27 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Great photos Free, Mesa!

That's great the ultrasound machine is doing some good least.

Here in the UK there has just been a tax cut on beer. Disappointing from a health standpoint.
Old 11-04-2021, 04:31 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

It's great to see everybody here. I really appreciated the opening post Mags.
In the same year I was sick on Tom Baker's ( Dr Who) shoe I also met, because of some school event, Prince Charles, ( British Royal family) I think I was about 13. He reached out to shake my hand whilst asking me a question about the school and to my horror, as I answered, my newly fitted brace ( for teeth) fell out and landed on the ground. He looked mildly surprised but politely ignored it. It is the nearest I have got to the future King of England...I wonder if he remembers it....Odd how these lost memories pop back!
Old 11-04-2021, 04:33 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
over hung over

Hello all weekenders.
Heading into first sober weekend attempt in many months.
Have to just go hour by hour. Today is the Day 1.....if I can get through to
Monday then that will be day 4. Fourth day I'm usually feeling a lot more
human again.
Things have been bad lately....can't sleep, the sweating, constant running nose.
Its not a good way to live. Want something better for myself.
But, first....just have to drag myself thru the nxt few days.
T
Old 11-04-2021, 04:58 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Pline, we're all pulling for you. Post if you feel like drinking and you will get support.

Wishing you all the best. If some of us can do this, you can as well!
Old 11-04-2021, 05:04 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
over hung over

Originally Posted by Alysheba View Post
Pline, we're all pulling for you. Post if you feel like drinking and you will get support.

Wishing you all the best. If some of us can do this, you can as well!
Thanx Alysheba, appreciate support.
I just need to get thru this first weekend. Saturday afternoons are the hardest bit. And, of course, been through the whole
'just have a few Sat afternoon, Sunday night, then sober work weeks'
But it doesn't work like that.
Lately it feels like the problem has gone to another whole level and it is frightening.
Just coming off a weeks' drinking. Its not good....
Old 11-04-2021, 05:15 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Thanks Mags and Robbie. Yes, I'm sure there are phone apps showing your sobriety time (Seems like everything has been done).

However, I'd like to have it on my smartwatch. I don't always carry my phone with me, but my watch is literally on me all the time. I'm not foreign to programming, and I would have something to do. Always satisfying when you see something you've made, works.

I've done a similar thing before with a Gambling Control app (that was a phone/web app). I could lock money into a 'vault', that I could set to unlock in a chosen amount of days, or it would release fragments of it at specific intervals.

I don't own a traditional bank, believe it or not. It worked by converting my fiat to cryptocurrency, and was stored as such. There was just one problem, I had access to the database, so I could edit the data and release it anyways. However, I think I've figured out a workaround, I'll just leave it at that, or I'd just be rambling on about tech stuff.
Old 11-04-2021, 05:16 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Wishing you all the best, Pline. For now, try to get some water and healthy liquids down, if you can. Staying hydrated makes such a difference.
Mags, I haven't heard anything lately, but how is your wrist? I hope while I was out that you didn't have to have another surgery or anything. I hope, mostly, that it no longer pains you. Mr. Mags must be doing ok after his surgery. I just really hope the wrist is well on the mend!
Least, happy the PT came by today and tomorrow too? That is terrific. I've kind of been thinking of going to PT and having traction. My sister, the hairstylist, had terrible sciatica a while ago and she said traction cured it. If nothing else, it has to feel pretty good. Decompressing one's spine. I am going to ask at my next appt. Sigh. It sounds like it feels good.
Have a great day all. It's overcast, slightly and slight sun peeking out. We could sure use some more rain, although it doesn't really look like it will. Hopefully I'm wrong!
Old 11-04-2021, 05:19 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Ive never been lucky enough to barf on a celebrity .

TARDIS -Time And Relative Dimensions In Space
Old 11-04-2021, 06:51 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Welcome Pline! You're in the right place

Perhaps there's a craft or hobby you like to keep yourself occupied? Weekends were a struggle for me too, so it helped to keep my hands and mind busy with some type of distraction.
Old 11-04-2021, 07:19 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
over hung over

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post
Welcome Pline! You're in the right place

Perhaps there's a craft or hobby you like to keep yourself occupied? Weekends were a struggle for me too, so it helped to keep my hands and mind busy with some type of distraction.
Thanks Purpirks....going to hang around a bit this weekend.
I do have hobbies and interests from when I was younger. I usually have a model ship on the go.
Work on these things between binges. Right now, hands wouldn't be steady enough to do it.
Which I hate.
Work from home, live by myself, so there is always work to do, right now to catch up on, make up
for what wasn't done this week. So I just sit in office and slowly piece together drawings on the
computer.
When in sober living mode, can be quite productive.
But it all keeps falling apart after a couple of weeks. Which I've got to overcome.
Old 11-04-2021, 07:29 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Pline, post here if you feel like drinking and we'll try our best to talk you out of it.
Old 11-04-2021, 07:33 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Hi PJ Hope all is well with you, your healing/pain and your lovely artwork.
Old 11-04-2021, 07:44 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
over hung over

Originally Posted by least View Post
Pline, post here if you feel like drinking and we'll try our best to talk you out of it.
Thanks Dee.
Being in different time zone to majority of ppl here, its often v quiet here when the late afternoon craves hit in.
But, yes, will post when they arrive.
Craves can be so strong. Want, need this and its not about surfing it, or distracting or posting. Its about
getting the relief of it.
So, need some better techniques.
Old 11-04-2021, 08:21 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

I'm not sure they ever go away completely, but they get so so much better, it takes some time. It seems like sometimes gifts of that nature come after a period of time, going through the exercises, the prayers, the work and things become somewhat rote, but not always. Sometimes some of us need to go through some of these things to succeed. I've seen "Vigilance is the price we pay for Freedom". I think that is so true. Being free of alcohol is freedom, but we must always guard carefully.