Notices

Day 2

Old 11-14-2021, 02:37 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Karamazov - most of us faltered a time or two.

The key is to fight the urge...get on here and post before you drink.
Your inner addict will probably be annoyed as hell, but you won't regret not drinking the next day.
Old 11-14-2021, 02:48 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

You learned something, Karamazov. It happened to me too - right before I kicked it out of my life for good. Keep going.
Old 11-14-2021, 02:54 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Sometimes messing up and feeling so p***ed off with yourself is what it takes to kick start the real desire to stop. Drinking does us no good at all, brief fake happiness, followed by prolonged real shame and misery . I hope you keep hanging onto that desire to stop. That is the real thing.
Old 11-14-2021, 08:08 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
ZIP

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
You learned something, Karamazov. It happened to me too - right before I kicked it out of my life for good. Keep going.
Indeed. You gotta be all in...for you.
Old 11-15-2021, 01:37 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Thanks guys... I had the urge to run away from this but I got to hold myself to account. At best, the last two weeks told me it was possible and I need to make the leap to be in all in. I'm starting to wrap my head around my own triggers now.
Old 11-15-2021, 05:39 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Karamazov View Post
I need to make the leap to be in all in.
For this to be a success, you will need to make that leap. Leaving the drinking door open is your AV manipulating your failure. When you stop giving him any quarter, you can actually begin your recovery, and get to the good part.
Old 11-18-2021, 07:31 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Day 3

Hiya... I got my head together the last few days but sleep has been awful. Going to go to work on myself and take lots of advice from the good folks on SR
Old 11-18-2021, 08:07 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry to hear this, Karamazov. The cycle of drinking/shame was something I went through many times. Try to find a way to pull yourself out of the cycle and you'll begin to feel better about yourself.
Old 11-18-2021, 11:04 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Things will get better after the first 5-7 days physically. More sleep, less anxiety, digestion improves. Keep going—you can do it!
Old 11-18-2021, 02:50 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Great to hear from you, it's all possible - you can achieve it - rooting for you
Old 11-20-2021, 02:36 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

5 Days

Struggled today but managed to hold it off until late evening... when for some reason my mind sees its not worth it to persist when it gets late! The last 2 week abstinence was easy compared to this time (5 days) after my blip... what does that mean, I have no idea at all?? Anyway, lack of sleep and a migraine en route I think but still will be sober, and not give in. I feel a but wounded from the last time, but this time feels more painful but real at the same time... with real heart I guess. I thought I had heart last time but not like this. I hope everyone is having a good sober weekend
Old 11-20-2021, 03:05 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Administrator

The last 2 week abstinence was easy compared to this time (5 days) after my blip... what does that mean, I have no idea at all??
For most of us, its always harder to come back from a relapse. You feed the addicted self and it doesn't want to go back into its cage, y'know?

D
Old 11-20-2021, 03:24 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Early days are always tough K. Just hang on to the fact (and it is a fact) that it won't be this bad for ever.
Old 11-20-2021, 03:50 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

The fact you feel 'real heart' this time is good.
I felt that this time round, like me being sober, me not drinking was real, like almost hyper real because I hadn't ever felt the possibility of being free from addiction before. Anyway it is a good feeling, scary at times, but solid and something you can build on. Well done on your recovery from a relapse, it's hard to do so you should feel proud!
Quiet weekend here binging on Netflix series and eating toast.
Old 11-26-2021, 08:40 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

I'm now on day 10 and tonight is a real struggle, maybe because it's Friday? I don't know. Its so easy to cave in but I'll only let myself down and also my family, all my hard work gone. Do I want to go bk or forward? I know what I want to do and that's forward. We all know its bad for us but an end to an addiction has to start somewhere. We can do this K!! 😁
Old 11-26-2021, 09:07 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jojo84 View Post
I'm now on day 10 and tonight is a real struggle, maybe because it's Friday? I don't know. Its so easy to cave in but I'll only let myself down and also my family, all my hard work gone. Do I want to go bk or forward? I know what I want to do and that's forward. We all know its bad for us but an end to an addiction has to start somewhere. We can do this K!! 😁
10 days is a painful time, sorry you’re going through this Jojo. You just have to accept you’ll feel like climbing up the walls this weekend. Good time for a new hobby to distract you from the cravings. You’ll feel better very soon 🙂
Old 11-26-2021, 03:58 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I second that Jojo, diversions/distractions, whatever you want to call them are surprisingly effective at escaping cravings. Congratulations on double figures.

How are you doing karamazov?

Old 11-26-2021, 04:37 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on 10 days jojo

D
Old 11-27-2021, 07:14 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jojo84 View Post
Well done Jojo... 10 days is a massive achievement!
Old 11-27-2021, 07:18 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
I second that Jojo, diversions/distractions, whatever you want to call them are surprisingly effective at escaping cravings. Congratulations on double figures.

How are you doing karamazov?
Hi Chik... I won't lie. I've been up and down with this. Very confused at the moment and staying on here as a constant to hang onto. Had 9 days then slipped, now I'm back on and will not give up. I've got some personal reckoning to face head on! I keep finding myself slipping away from my mindset. I hope you are all well