Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

A good place for the weekend - Weekenders 22 - 25 October 2021

Notices

A good place for the weekend - Weekenders 22 - 25 October 2021

Old 10-25-2021, 08:19 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Dealerships

Old 10-25-2021, 08:21 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

^^ditto Cityboy.
Old 10-25-2021, 08:40 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I thought I was doing the right thing! Since it was a scheduled service and all. And they are SUPPOSED to be the ones with all the right specs for each car. If I do go back to a Madza dealer for service again, it will probably not be that one.
Old 10-25-2021, 08:47 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
saoutchik

That speaks volumes about their attitude.

Well done on the booster Mags

I hope all is OK Kaily.

Hometime, early start tomorrow. It is a fine evening in London
Old 10-25-2021, 09:40 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

I got my Pfizer booster yesterday. Today I feel a little achy and cold with a headache. But so worth it. I am able to work. Was thinking I might need to take a sick day.
Old 10-25-2021, 03:50 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Marty, the service people at the dealership sound incompetent. Hopefully they can put things right as soon as possible.

Mags I must be due to get my booster jab soon. I had my second jab on 8 May so I'm expecting to get an invite for a booster jab in the next two weeks.

Hope everyone is keeping well, including Kaily. I didn't post last week (I wasn't feeling too well all week) but I did read all the posts in the thread including Kaily's
Old 10-25-2021, 04:35 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

I've been reading that Kaily and Leigh may not be doing so well. Just a shout out that I'm sending good vibes and pray to you all, hope all is well with you. Thinking of you and missing you and anyone else who may be going through a troubled time. Sorry if I missed you. I'm still catching up on the posts I missed. 🧡💛💚💙💜💗💖💞💫☮
Old 10-25-2021, 05:09 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Me too, sending love and support to all of you, especially those struggling ❤️
Old 10-25-2021, 09:38 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning Weekenders, it's bin day at Saoutchik Towers and look at the state of some of them. Tch!

Attached Images
Old 10-25-2021, 10:04 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Weekenders

Saou, have the bin men been on strike your way? Or just volume of rubbish.

Robbie I think Mr. Mags is due is around same time as yours. You can go on line after 187 days from your second vaccine and book it I’m told.

CBS pleased you got your booster. Glad you didn’t have too much side effects so far.

I had my booster in my right arm as I mainly sleep on my left. I found you can’t lay on your arm for a night or two after the jab, well it woke me up when I did.

Sending up prayers for Kaily and Leigh, xx
Old 10-26-2021, 12:55 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

prayers for Kaily and Leigh.
Old 10-26-2021, 03:19 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

I hope they get all the trash picked up. I live in a rural county (remember that my SR name is bogus) and there are dump stations. I put bags of trash in the back of my work truck and throw it out whenever I go by one of the dump stations. When I was drinking heavily, the trash would accumulate and animals would get into it.

Old 10-26-2021, 04:05 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Kaily and Leigh

Sao, that is one overflowing bin. There's a block of flats which is a short walk from where I live and they have thee of those massive bins which are always overflowing on bin day.
Old 10-26-2021, 06:04 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

The dealership hired a tow company to come pick my car up yesterday. They came in the evening and put it on a flatbed and dropped it off at the dealership. I'll expect to hear from them this morning. I am hoping for a full refund (and then some), since I now have a giant puddle of oil on my garage floor that I have to figure out how to clean up. I did put down a whole bunch of "oil-dri" which is like extra absorbent cat litter, but it doesn't seem to be enough. I'll have to buy more of it (I used a whole bag) and it's going to be a real mess. I'll see what they offer me. I am not good at negotiating this sort of stuff. I back down too easily. No one has yet offered me a refund. But it seems to me the least they can do.

Kaily, please check in. Worried about you!
Old 10-26-2021, 06:08 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

We have hired guys to come in with some oil removal product and a pressure washer when fluids leak from cars in our community parking lot and then we charge that back to the owner of the car. Oil will start to eat away at asphalt, not sure about concrete. I would insist that they come out and make you whole. Being made whole is what lawyers do, too. Like I've said before, sometimes the word "lawyer" fixes everything. I would start by just asking.

The reason I made the comment about dealers is that I have had really bad experiences with (some/most of) them and I now have an independent garage that only deals with Subies. Maybe find a Mazda forum and see who works on them and is recommended in your area.
Old 10-26-2021, 06:22 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Take pictures, MLD!
Old 10-26-2021, 07:17 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

I have many, many pictures. That's a good idea to have them come clean the garage. And I'll see if I can find a better mechanic somewhere that isn't too far for me to drive that knows these cars. I do not feel comfortable taking my car back to this dealer, ever. But I'll pretend like they can earn my business back, so that they work harder to "make me whole."
Old 10-26-2021, 09:16 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by Mags1 View Post
Saou, have the bin men been on strike your way? Or just volume of rubbish.
Some people are just lazy and messy Mags. It requires a bit more effort now collections are fortnightly which seems beyond some people. Btw that is only the non-recyclable waste, there are several more bins outside - also messy.

Good luck MLD, it's a good job it's not a vehicle you are relying on.

Sending positive vibes your way Kaily.

Still at work, I have more annoying 'housekeeping' chores to finish.

Old 10-26-2021, 09:07 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Weekenders

Thinking of Kaily and Leigh, sending love and hope things are manageable. xx

Saou, our collections are weekly but alternate between general waste plus recycle tubs then the following week the burgundy wheelie bin (for plastic and cardboard) and the brown wheelie bin (garden stuff, grass cutting etc.). I think with shared bins some don’t take any responsibility for looking after them.

Marty I’m pleased the garage collected your car. I hope they clean up the oil leak in your garage too!

I’m at the consultants this morning. I don’t think he can do much until I see the surgeon, who I’ve not heard from yet. He may chase the appointment up though. They’re chock a block busy at the hospitals. I’m not looking forward to having another op just as all my scars are healing up nicely. Ah well it can’t be helped if I want my wrist to be fully mobile again. Then I’ve got physio.

Love to all. xxxx
Old 10-26-2021, 09:26 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Morning all,

Up early working again - I reckon I can get yesterday's work done by the end of today... not good. I suppose I could quote Douglas Adams, 'I love Deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by'. In the bad old days I might have had a drink but I have not the slightest desire to do so now. A maladaptive response indeed.

A busy day awaits... Thinking of you Least having just caught up with your thread. Good luck with your consultant Mags.

Back to work now... Best to all. Forwards.