Notices

Experienced attending a concert SOBER for the first time!

Old 10-20-2021, 01:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Experienced attending a concert SOBER for the first time!

It's the day after my first time attending a concert sober, and the best thing (besides a sore and hoarse voice from singing and screaming!) is having 0 regrets, 0 drama, 0 negativity, 0 shameful or unsafe experiences. It is the best, being sober and walking home from a concert with all of my wits about me, coming home (alone) to my sweet kitties, enjoying a post-concert snack and soda, and falling into bed blissfully happy with clear memories, and thus a clear conscience. At the venue ( a new Arena in Seattle) I felt "goose-bumps" just walking in, and it felt good feeling all my feelings without numbing them, throughout the evening. I'm not going to lie; I was nervous about being around crowds of people drinking, and there were, crowds and crowds of people drinking throughout the concourse on my pathway to my seat. But, I arrived only 45 minutes prior to the show starting, I went right to my seat (decided against a floor/GA ticket-too intense and less control) and I found my seat right away and stayed put for the entire concert. I didn't have anyone sitting next to me until two older ladies asked to sit by me. They had full glasses of beer, and the only thing I thought was "UGH. I don' like the smell of beer and I hope they don't spill on me!" I did end up sharing with one of the ladies that it was my first concert sober, and she was super nice and asked a couple of questions.
It was the best concert of my life so far. I am so grateful to be sober for 52 days!
Old 10-20-2021, 01:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Kittymama!
I remember my first sober concert too - it rocked

D
Old 10-20-2021, 04:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Smile

Thanks Dee!
Old 10-20-2021, 05:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sounds like a great experience! And you'll remember it!
Old 10-20-2021, 05:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Samantha

This is great! I actually went to a little concert a couple weeks ago and I was a bit nervous, especially when a guy let me in free. But then he shared that the place couldn't get their liquor license and a lot of people bailed, so I literally had nothing to worry about and it was great.
Old 10-20-2021, 08:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That is awesome, so glad you enjoyed the show, and felt great (minus the hoarse voice) the next day!
Old 10-20-2021, 11:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Huge congrats! I've posted about my first sober concerts and how amazing it is to be sober at a show. I actually remembered the show, didn't have to worry about getting into a fight, and didn't have to worry about driving home! It's like emerging from another world leaving a small venue after a show, your ears are ringing but you're fine to drive home and you're able to be up by 7 the next morning and don't lose half a day from a hangover. My first sober show I actually had to be at SeaTac airport the next morning, and made it with no problem. When I was drinking, there was every chance I would have missed my plane if I'd gone to a show the night before. After I got sober I actually have been able to go to back to back shows now and then before covid, which is something I never was able to do when I was drinking.
Old 10-21-2021, 04:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Who did you see?
Old 10-22-2021, 03:57 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Before Covid, I went to a lot of concerts.

Staying sober is the best way to go, it's great to remember the setlist the following day.

I also attended a lot of concerts when I was in college. I still have some ticket stubs to prove I was there, but since I was always pretty wasted I don't remember the concerts (or sometimes who even I went with).
Old 10-24-2021, 06:55 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

No more booze or drugs.

I remember a concert where this poor lady and man were so wasted. The lady ended up being ejected followed by the man.

I doubt they were on just booze.

They missed the whole show and were sitting in an area where the seats were around $500.

We here have no need to worry about that problem ever again and it feels amazing. We don't drink. This place helps us.

Stay clean!

Thanks.

Old 10-24-2021, 07:10 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

That might have been me, Dizzy... Bad joke, but speaking of days I am grateful to have behind me.
Congrats to you on this first, Kittymama, and many more!

(edited for typo inserted by my ever-willful tablet.)

​​​
Old 11-11-2021, 11:14 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Foo Fighters! Death Cab for Cutie opened for them. It was so amazing!
Thanks for asking
Old 11-12-2021, 11:41 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KittyMama00 View Post
Foo Fighters! Death Cab for Cutie opened for them. It was so amazing!
Thanks for asking
Thats so awesome!! I saw 311 in Sept and it was my first sober concert ever too. Isn’t it so much better sober?!! Congrats!
Old 11-12-2021, 01:13 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Great post MamaKitty00. What a great feeling to arrive home sober, and wake the following day so happy with self, and further proof that sober is the way to go. Lovin' it.

Congratulations on 52 days with more and better to come.

Yes, I remember the Bathurst Bike Races. Missed the entire race, and someone stole my coat.