Notices

Trying to crawl back out

Old 10-25-2021, 12:13 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thank you Driguy, that's a very good way of looking at it...
Old 10-25-2021, 05:15 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

My favourite saying at the moment CC (and very much applicable to my own situation) is 'Fall down seven times, stand up eight'. Youre standing up again every time you come back here and ask for help. If you keep doing that, the chances are that the inspiration and information you find here will eventually give you the tools you need to live a life away from the madness of addiction....good luck buddy
Old 10-25-2021, 05:28 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by carpetcleaner View Post
I'm back on here after a long while. Been pretty poorly with drinking and mental health. (Heavy drinker for 25 years and traumatic events in early years.)

Have recently been diagnosed with complex PTSD amongst other stuff which made me reach even more for drink.

I know full well that it will make me even more poorly but knowing that I'm now pigeon holed into a MH box(es), I'm almost giving myself the excuse that I'm messed up and just drink away to block it out.

Had 5 weeks sober this year but sank back down the well and cannot get a grip on the slippery side to get back out.

I empathise! Very similar situation to you - past trauma and 25 years of drinking. I'm here after my last relapse. Life is MUCH better sober. I wish you well 🙂
Old 10-25-2021, 05:38 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I am happy to see that you came back. I only recently joined and have found so much support here. You have my support 100%. My life has turned 180 and I am far happier. It has been tough that is for sure but it has been well worth it. Hope you are well.