Notices

Emergency solution

Old 10-16-2021, 10:05 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by VikingGF View Post
How are you doing, UNITE?
Hiya. Thanks for the post. My mate still has my bank cards. Managed to get some food inside me and some sleep. It will be 72 hours since my last drink by this afternoon. I had to have a bottle of lager following the day of the binge. I drank to the point of amnesia/black out. I couldn't function the next day. My brain was broken. Couldn't even get food even though my stomach was in knots from skipping 2 meals the day before. I had company as I took my last drink the following day. And I had company yesterday. I've never done this. Always faced days 1 and 2 alone. Weird. Anyhow, I really felt myself slipping into 'part two of the relapse' - you know the part where you're drinking more against your will? As the brain function quickly erodes after several big binges.....that's where I was at, and I pretty much knew that without backup I wouldn't be able to get past 1-2 weeks, because I had been trying since I started drinking again and couldn't get past the first 16 days. And my last relapse i was the same. I was in rehab last time I got sober so in order to get back on track this time with half a chance I made sure I couldn't easily obtain alcohol. I don't think I will consider having my bank cards back until the 2 month mark. By then I will have recovered a lot and my recovery methods will be stronger.
Old 11-13-2021, 04:36 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

30 days!!!

30 days in and very grateful indeed. Never do I want to have to face that hell again. Now for the next 30! It's taking time for my nervous system to heal. Spending a lot of time indoors. Grateful to have support and time to recover.
Old 11-13-2021, 06:37 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Huge congrats on 30 Days, U4S.

Keep
It
Going
Old 11-13-2021, 06:44 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Yes, huge congrats on your 30. Onwards to 60!

Forwards.
Old 11-13-2021, 09:03 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

That’s great news U4S! What is the plan moving forward? Lots of detailed structure and accountability is very helpful in the first 6 months or year.

You are doing it!
Old 11-13-2021, 09:11 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thank you.

I'll be doing more of the same - reading, meetings, daily reflection, gratitude lists & SR check ins 🙏🏻

Old 11-13-2021, 12:35 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations U4S

D
Old 11-13-2021, 10:47 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Thank you so much.

Today I'm getting out to some shops and to a cafe. I want to build my confidence back up. I have been relying on my friend to walk with me to places but I'm due to return to work fairly soon so I've decided that now is a good time to push my comfort zone a bit.

I am still feeling a bit edgy and will be walking by pubs so I will stop and check in on here if I suddenly get a ridiculous urge. I don't have much money so this does help somewhat. But then, even if I did have more money I definitely don't want to be squandering my new sober time and going back to hell!
Old 11-14-2021, 04:56 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

You will feel more confident with every day sober! Every time you pass up a drink your confidence will come rolling back! Good luck on your next 30 days
Old 11-14-2021, 06:57 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sammy1980 View Post
You will feel more confident with every day sober! Every time you pass up a drink your confidence will come rolling back! Good luck on your next 30 days
Thank you so much Sammy. Literally every day my confidence is growing just a little bit more and my nerves are settling. Thank the heavens!! How are you getting on??
Old 11-14-2021, 07:08 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
nez

Congrats on the 30 days!!!
I'll be doing more of the same - reading, meetings, daily reflection, gratitude lists & SR check ins 🙏🏻
Keep on keeping on! You are on a good path that will only get better.
Old 11-14-2021, 10:50 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nez View Post
Congrats on the 30 days!!!
Keep on keeping on! You are on a good path that will only get better.
Absolutely! Cheers nez, I will indeed keep on keeping on. I did not plan to interrupt 14 months without alcohol with drinking alcohol!!! ....insanity. Very pleased to be over a month back 🙏🏻☀️
Old 11-16-2021, 10:59 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Super pleased and relieved to be on my 34th day in. I have some control over my emotions and my cognitive function. Sober is soooo much better. Never doubt it. I knew it before I relapsed even but I 'forgot' because my mental health was deteriorating.....this led me to a physical relapse. I can say I tried to do life without medication, for 9 months, but with everything else happening currently I can say for sure now that I was under too much strain. My issues are work and family related. Finances also. The coming years are now looking bright for me despite the current personal circumstances of my life.
Old 11-17-2021, 12:40 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats UFS

D
Old 11-22-2021, 08:35 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

39 days back.....ended up having a pretty stressful afternoon messing around with uploading medical certificates to DWP. Really lost my patience after 3 hours and didn't even get what I needed to do done. At 39 days I can just about cope with this type of frustration and inconvenience. I'm managing to stay solution focused. I'm dieting too so it's been tough, each day trying to claw my way back to self respect. It's getting colder in London just now. I wrote a gratitude list this morning - they always set me up for the day ahead.
Old 11-23-2021, 04:29 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Good Work!
Keep adding those Days
Old 11-23-2021, 05:14 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

39!!! That's fantastic!! Continuous sobriety in the early days is so important to building confidence and commitment- you should be very proud of your accomplishment. Stay vigilant and keep doing the hard work- I'm so happy for you. Keep going!
Old 11-23-2021, 07:34 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Thanks guys. I look forward to feeling calmer, more centred and more self confident again. I'm very glad that I managed to turn it around for myself ready for a bright and sober 2022.
Old 12-08-2021, 08:37 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Really pleased to have reached day 55. Anything is better than being stuck in that hell. Any mood, any problem - I don't mind!!! Nothing beats the ability to deal with life's problems with a clear mind, a functioning mind! Having the option to relax and enjoy moments is richness. When we are recovering from binges we cannot do any of this. NO MORE wasted days!!!!
Old 12-08-2021, 09:15 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Double Nickel!
Good Work!