Notices

Recovery blog October 13th 2021

Old 10-31-2021, 11:19 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

great job on 20 days BTG xx keep at it and moving forward hun xx we all would love to change what we have done but we now just need to try let go and move on and onwards and learn xx
Old 11-01-2021, 06:09 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Backtogood View Post
Thx advbike 😀

Day 20. There is no guilt or shame in sobriety, it is a gift and a choice. I try not to dwell on my past wrongs, but tonight they are weighing me down and stressing me out. I wish I could move and start over, pretend that part of my life never existed. I'm sure something as simple as time will create distance from this feeling and as my perception of myself changes, so will my perception of how others view me. If that makes any sense lol, I'm tired. Couldn't sleep cause I got to thinking about stuff. I guess all I know is, at this moment, I wish I could undo some of the stupid **** I have done. Nowhere to go but forward. Night all.
It does make sense and I understand completely. We are all human, subject to human emotions both good and bad, and as a result sometimes we behave badly or make mistakes. I certainly have too. Things I regret, but cannot change. It is all part of the experience. All we can do is try to learn from our mistakes and do better. Try to be kind and not judgemental. We have to let go of the past mistakes and focus on making a better future for ourselves and those around us. And on that score, you're doing a splendid job, BTG. Just keep doing what you're doing.
Old 11-03-2021, 07:18 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Erratic View Post
great job on 20 days BTG xx keep at it and moving forward hun xx we all would love to change what we have done but we now just need to try let go and move on and onwards and learn xx
You are entirely right and I am, it is overwhelming sometimes. I feel so much shame and guilt, but you can't change the past. Onwards.
Old 11-03-2021, 07:19 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by advbike View Post
It does make sense and I understand completely. We are all human, subject to human emotions both good and bad, and as a result sometimes we behave badly or make mistakes. I certainly have too. Things I regret, but cannot change. It is all part of the experience. All we can do is try to learn from our mistakes and do better. Try to be kind and not judgemental. We have to let go of the past mistakes and focus on making a better future for ourselves and those around us. And on that score, you're doing a splendid job, BTG. Just keep doing what you're doing.
thank you.
Old 11-03-2021, 07:23 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Day 23. I think my hubby hates the fact I quit drinking. He is always so supportive in the beginning and then becomes resentful. Tonight was a good night rearranging our sons room, I knew he was drinking, but it was all good. Then he became angry and left for the bar and some gambling. Really wanted to drunk but played that tape over and over and over. I will not drink today.
Old 11-05-2021, 10:44 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Don't let his problem become your problem. You are doing fantastic, and of course he probably has a resentment about it. Alcoholics are always feeling resentment at some perceived slight or unfairness. Playing the victim. Just keep on your awesome sober path, BTG.
Old 11-06-2021, 08:11 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

It’s amazing how we want someone to change, and then when they do, we are uncomfortable. I think that’s what’s going on with hubby from what I’ve read. Agree with advbike, just do you, try to separate from it, his drinking. Joining him will do you nothing but harm in your soul, body, and relationships.

Great on keeping sober when he took off, and not drinking over your uncomfortable feelings. A great start!
Old 11-07-2021, 01:04 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

How are you doing this weekend, BTG? Hopefully all is going well and the weather is nice where you are.
Old 11-09-2021, 06:18 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

I messed up and drank the last 2 days. Gosh, when I do it I really do it. I'm not going to do my usual pity party. I drank. Yes. I feel horrible about it. Yes. But I'm not going to give up. Everyday I try to be a better person than I was the day before. I will succeed. So today I'm back at day 1. My husband is mad at me, but I'm kinda over it. He drinks every single day. At least I try to better myself. I will not give up on myself.
Old 11-09-2021, 11:09 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

I'm having severe anxiety. I know it will pass. But I want to remember this feeling, this remorse. This pain. This shame. I will never have to feel this way again. 😞
Old 11-09-2021, 01:38 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Administrator

Definitely do not give up

D
Old 11-09-2021, 01:55 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

The anxiety will pass—I get it too the day after drinking. Just keep going and you’ll get there BTG
Old 11-09-2021, 05:18 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hawkeye13 View Post
The anxiety will pass—I get it too the day after drinking. Just keep going and you’ll get there BTG
thx hawkeye
Old 11-09-2021, 05:21 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Joined an online AA Chat group, met some great peeps. Onwards.
Old 11-10-2021, 07:43 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

That's wonderful BTG ❤️
Old 11-12-2021, 08:28 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

It is hard to repair the relationships I've damaged and that hurts my soul and makes it hard to stay sober.
Old 11-12-2021, 09:18 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

I relapsed on the 5th and 7th. Things were piling up emotionally and I had 6 beers, then 4 beers. Sometimes it feels like the only tool in the bag, but really it isn't of course. I could have biked, walked, logged in here. I just guess I just wanted to drink, but I can't keep doing this. I was much better in summer for some reason. I paid the price for a few days with anxiety and shame, but it's gotten better. Wrapping up Day 5.

You will do it BTG, I know it. We have setbacks but your attitude and effort is great and that's what makes the difference.
Old 11-12-2021, 10:17 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Yes, BTG, I understand the self loathing and the addiction wanting to be fed no matter the cost.

i know I’ve (and some loved ones of mine) have paid enough already. I’m not paying anymore.

Glad for the honesty, and SUPER GLAD you came right back on here.

Best warm thoughts over the internet.
Old 11-12-2021, 11:31 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Backtogood View Post
It is hard to repair the relationships I've damaged and that hurts my soul and makes it hard to stay sober.
In my experience people want action over promises and words, however genuine those words and promises are..

The only real way to mend fences is to show change. The quickest way to break them down again is to show things are just the same.

Keep going for the different BtG

D
Old 11-13-2021, 05:51 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

So, I could lie. I want to lie... silly isn't it? I would be lying to myself, really, not to you. I had the bad bringe last Saturday thru Monday. I didn't drink for two days, but I bought 4 minis per each day the last 2 days to help with my anxiety at work. I can't miss anymore work. Now my brain is going to rationalize this for you (myself). I didn't get drunk at all the last 2 days, I only drank to ease the anxiety. I have 2 more days of work and then 3 days off. I plan on using those days to reset my body and brain. Yes, I know, it sounds like a bunch of bs and if I read this I would roll my eyes 🤣. The truth is, yes, my anxiety was bad, but I didn't have to stop at the store. Yes, the one mini helped, but I didn't need the 2 after work. The truth is I am powerless over alcohol, if I have one I want another. The truth is, I don't want it to even be a thought or factor in my life. I don't want to wake up at 5am and convince myself to sneak a shot to "ease" my nerves. Time to get back to Good. Again. 😕 😔 Dee said it perfectly, actions over words.