Notices

Recipe for staying sober- Weekenders 08 -11 October 2021

Old 10-12-2021, 10:06 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Marty, hope all goes well. It will all be over soon (I notice as I'm posting this it's noon where you are).

CBS, I was on a PPI (a different one to yours but they all do pretty much the same thing) earlier this year due to acid reflux problems but was able to stop taking them after a couple of months or so as the problem more or less cleared up. I'm largely fine though I can get a little bit of acid reflux now and again. I still have some left, just in case I need to take them again.
Old 10-12-2021, 10:41 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  
Magsie

Marty I hope all went well with the root canal.

CBS, I hope you can get in a cancellation. I know it’s easy to catastrophise, if you can take it a step at a time, in bite size pieces you can manage, it may help. Mr. Mags had acid reflux and cut down on certain foods which helped. I recall cucumber skin being one of them, though he can eat it now.
Old 10-12-2021, 11:47 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

All done with the root canal. It was fine, the worst part was the shots of novocain, which has not worn off yet, so I won't really know if it did the trick for several hours, I guess. And it will be sore for a while anyway. Thanks for the support, folks!
Old 10-12-2021, 01:47 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

I’m glad it all went fine Marty! Hopefully you’re pain free one the local wears off

PJ I do that with tea! All day lol. Not with coffee, because that’s my first thing in the morning drink and I’m desperate for it to wake me up, so no forgetting it

CBS I have had a few issues with gastritis and oesophagitis. I was really worried too, I thought I had something terrible! Waiting for the scope was very worrisome. But it was nothing drastic, phew. Most cases are easy fixes. I had PPIs for a few months, and a few dietary changes (including ditching the alcohol) and all is good now No medication required, just avoid alcohol, fatty spicy food and a few things in moderation now. Not eating before bed helps too. And regular exercise. Hopefully it’s a simple fix for you too
Old 10-12-2021, 09:41 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Weekenders

Marty, pleased it’s all done!

I’m at the physio this morning. They changed the day and I have a double session too.
I received my home wax therapy bath for my hand but haven’t used it yet, haven’t got the cottonwool out my fuzzy head yet with this darned chest infection and cold. I did mention last week that I had a cold and cough to the physio but she said everyone seems to have them at the minute. Luckily we all wear masks in the hospital.

Love to all, xxxx
Old 10-12-2021, 11:39 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Sorry you are still all stuffy, Mags. Hope physio goes well and you get a little more movement today.

Glad your tooth is sorted, Marty. I have more root canals, crowns and bridges than not. Unfortunately my teeth and nourishment were neglected as a child. Gonna have a Hollywood smile one day, lottery permitting.

CBS I hope the medics can appease your concerns.

I had to go to the Dr yesterday. While waiting to be called I was asked to use the blood pressure taking, weighing machine thing. Once I got my results I realised I had forgotten to take my big fleece off. Hoping to lose a pound I took it off and started again and was 3 pounds heavier. How does that work?

I gave Daisy and Alfie trachea chews yesterday evening. Alfie ate his all up. Daisy is hoarding hers under the bed and has turned into a little monster. She is guarding the bed, Alfie and I are both being growled at if we go anywhere near.

Who would of thought, little terror.

Old 10-12-2021, 11:49 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  
Magsie

Kaily, how can s Daisy, with the look of an Angel, growl at you and Alfie. Hav3 you been eating her chews? !

Ya can’t trust scales, they come from Mars.
Old 10-13-2021, 12:07 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

She is naughty. Resource guarding.

No not to my taste, I don't eat meat.
Old 10-13-2021, 01:17 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Morning Weekenders

Marty, good to read it all went well at the dentists and everything is now sorted.

Mags, hope your double dose of physio today goes well. I also hope your chest infection and cold clears soon. Yes, there does seem to be a bug going around at the moment.

Kaily, very naughty of Daisy. Lovely photo though!

Have a good day everyone.
Old 10-13-2021, 03:16 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Daisy doesn't look like a growler.
Old 10-13-2021, 05:00 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

imagine how well sweet stuff like cakes would sell if they looked like scales
Old 10-13-2021, 08:22 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Daisy's right, Trachea chews are not to be taken lightly I reckon.

I'm glad the root canal work is done and dusted MLD51. That must be a relief.

Sending healing vibes your way Mags, you deserve a break.

Some of the people I have had to deal with today... The words 'barely sentient' are not inappropriate.
Old 10-13-2021, 10:45 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  
Magsie

Saou, I was going to say it’s a good job it’s Friday! But realised it’s only Wednesday.

Physio went ok. One of the exercises was putting my hand into a big bag half full of raw rice.. I had to feel through the rice and collect buttons! Practicing picking up buttons. she covered the bag so I couldn’t see what I was doing either but besides the awkwardness of finding and picking the buttons out of the rice, it felt weirdly soothing on the hand.
Old 10-13-2021, 11:09 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

^ fascinating to learn of that exercise, Mags. Dexterity, tactile sense, co-ordination, and probably other benefits as well.
Old 10-13-2021, 01:19 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  

That sounds kinda fun Mags lol I hope your chest infection settles down soon. Sending you a big hug.

Daisy looks like butter wouldn’t melt in her mouth. Or trachea chews lol
Old 10-13-2021, 04:58 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Mags, glad to hear that the PT wasn't so bad. I would be curious as to who had already been sticking their hands in the rice, but you could just wash your hands or use sanitizer afterwards.

Saou, hoping that tomorrow is better.
Working with certain people has always been an issue with me, I suppose due to a lack of social skills on my part. Big contributor to the notion that drinking was a good idea. Reading about communication tactics and so forth in an effort to overcome this, but it's an uphill climb.
Old 10-13-2021, 05:37 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

3.5 art workshop today working on a piece which is a 'twin' to a chosen existing object. I chose a melted looking clock (Dali). This one represents me. Making a serious, well ordered, in control clock. My older bro, the doctor. It is a mindful experience making/creating- and it gives me pleasure considering all the wasted, destructive years of drinking
Old 10-13-2021, 09:47 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  
Magsie

CityBoy I did wonder that but hands are ultra clean before they go ‘in the bag’.

PJ, look forward to your pics. I love that dripping clock.
Old 10-13-2021, 09:47 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  
Magsie

Time for a new thread

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...er-2021-a.html
Old 10-14-2021, 12:23 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  
Magsie

Try this link if above doesn’t work.

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...er-2021-a.html (Horses for Courses - Weekenders 15 - 18 October 2021)