Notices

Recipe for staying sober- Weekenders 08 -11 October 2021

Old 10-09-2021, 11:34 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Fusion, welcome to Weekenders
Old 10-09-2021, 11:57 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for your welcomes, Mags and Saoutchik, you are lovely people 😃. I apologise for earlier posts, but I meant well and am super stressed after realisng some 'stuff', and I guess I wanted to warn/save people, misguidedly perhaps.

My brother said earlier 'ignorance is bliss' and he said he too wished he hadn't read 'stuff'....and I feel he is so right and I truly wish I hadn't read the information, but I can't unread it. But I shouldn't have posted it here, in this place of light and companionship. And I apologise.

And I'm in great company here, during these difficult times. ❤️
Old 10-09-2021, 12:12 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Welcome from me too Fusion.

Today it took me three hours to put a 5ft roller blind up. I don't have a drill or a electric screwdriver so I was using a bradawl and muscle. I kept getting the brackets wrong, so frustrating, must of gone up and down the ladder 50 times. I needed someone to hold up the other end. Stuff is hard on your own.

Then I had pangs. I got overtired and wanted to drink. I glanced in a pub as I went past and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. The board outside said DJ at 8.30. I wanted to go and party!

Never mind, in my jim jams now, watching strictly come dancing. No parties here.
Old 10-09-2021, 12:18 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Thank you for your welcome Kaily. I read earlier and thought you were akin to Superwoman visiting the fence panel supplier, what a great result! I still have a defunct roller blind that defeated me. Thankfully, there's a huge golden leylandi outside my bedroom window, and it's north facing, so I'm not woken up super early by the morning light.
Old 10-09-2021, 12:27 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Yes me and Superwoman are like birds of a feather

Thank you Fusion, you made me smile.
Old 10-09-2021, 12:53 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

You guys are giving me wonderful warm smiles. s

And speaking of which.....what an awesome TV show that was. .....Birds Of a Feather.

(Now I am singing the theme song in my head and getting weepy.....sounds nuts if you haven't watched the show. )
Old 10-09-2021, 01:44 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Administrator

I removed some posts under rule 2, outside agendas.
There are many other sites to discuss politics etc.

I would wager we all have wildly individual world views - to come together like we do, especially in times like these, is little short of a miracle

Let’s draw a line here and lets continue to focus on our commonality of mission - getting into recovery and staying that way.

any further discussions - please PM me.

Dee
Administrator
SR
Old 10-09-2021, 02:05 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Blinds and curtain railings are trickier than they look. Well done for doing that Kaily

A nun was naked in the bathroom after having a shower when there was a knock at the door and a man said "it's me, the blind man." Relieved the nun opened the door and said "how can I help you?" to which he replied "hello sister, where do you want me to leave these blinds?" Ba dum tsss.

I'll get my coat...
Old 10-09-2021, 02:13 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Saoutchik, your nun joke made me giggle, thank you!

Venus, warm smiles right back at you 😃. I've never watched Birds of a Feather, I'll watch some this weekend and report back!
Old 10-09-2021, 02:24 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Welcome Fusion
Old 10-09-2021, 03:10 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Hi weekenders

Sunny Sunday morning here. I’m off outside to enjoy it. Sober
Old 10-09-2021, 03:31 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Willow68 View Post
Hi weekenders

Sunny Sunday morning here. I’m off outside to enjoy it. Sober
Hello Willow Enjoy the sunny Sunday morning! It's still Saturday night here and it's almost bed time. The forecast for the next few days here is sunny and, for October, quite mild.
Old 10-09-2021, 03:57 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Have a nice evening Robbie, I’m glad the weather is mild there
Old 10-09-2021, 05:37 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Nice nun joke Saou.

Our game today was on a channel we don't get at home so went to a sports bar/restaurant. It's a pretty civilized place. There was a guy at the table next to us that had obviously been drinking his share. Mostly just sounded goofy.
Old 10-09-2021, 05:52 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Magsie

Kaily, well done for putting the blind up! I cheated a few years ago when I put a small bathroom blind up. I’m no good with tools (except sober ones ) so I used ‘no nails’ it was easy easy, piece of cake. My neighbour told me about it so I give it a go.

Fusion, my head was all over the place when I got sober. My thoughts were coated with stress and anxiety which I didn’t understand until I read about coming off alcohol. I’m pleased to say it did pass.
Old 10-09-2021, 06:48 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

^ How are you in yourself today, Mags? sorry to read about your probable chest-infection, hope that's under control and improving.
Old 10-09-2021, 10:21 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Mags, you glued your blinds up . I tried to use No More Nails on my horses rug that had got ripped while playing in the field. No success there.

I hope you are feeling a little better today.

Willow I hope the AV is behaving itself.

Fusion Birds of a Feather is fun although a little dated now. Dorian is a man hungry neighbour and is very funny. It does make you smile.

Weather wise it was a beautiful day yesterday. Because I was delayed putting the blind up I took the dogs for a late walk over the fields just as the sun was setting. Better in real life but you get the idea.

PS I have not taken to the blind so I am going to take in down again today.
Old 10-09-2021, 11:34 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Gorgeous sunset
Did you end up keeping the bear Kaily? Or did he go back to the shop?

We recently got new blinds when the old ones fell off their rollers too many times. I had stuck them back on with masking tape and sticky tape so many times that I just went stuff it, we need new ones. A man from the blind shop put them up
Old 10-09-2021, 11:51 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Weekenders

Kaily, are you getting a different colour of blind or don’t you just like it? that little gif on the end of your p.s. I thought it was something running across my ipad.

Caramel, Kaily thanks for asking. Been pretty rough last few days, spoke with the doctor on Friday about my asthma plan and going forward.

Yesterday I started on the rescue antibiotics I keep for such times and this morning, I started on the rescue steroids (all prescribed). They usually kick in very quickly. As much as I don’t like taking them, they’re life savers. I don’t take any chances,
I listen to my body and see the signs. Not being able to breathe is difficult and I do everything I’ve been taught by the chest clinic.

I’ll report it to the doctor tomorrow and ring my chest clinic and speak to them too. I’ve had this before many times before I started on the monthly injections, it was a monthly occurrence.
Having the rescue meds helps me start treatment immediately with no delays and hopefully no ambulance calls.

I”ll get of my now.

Love to all. xxxx

Old 10-09-2021, 11:51 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

The bear is still here sitting on his receipt in case I change my mind. He looks like a Winston to me.

I don't like change so always want to take things back.

ETA Glad you have the antibiotics Mags. Hope they kick in soon.