Notices

Ama has 2 weeks today!!!!!

Old 12-13-2004, 09:51 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Not the center of the Universe

Go Ama! If you did 14, you can do 15, and then 16, and then 17, and then... well you see where I'm going with this

Congratulations.

One Love, One Heart, Jah Bless
Old 12-13-2004, 10:16 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Ama

Thank you soooo much - Yes today is 15 and tomorrow will be 16!!!!! Etc etc etc. Just spoke with my eldest son and he thanked me and says he reallly knows how hard I am trying and that he and the rest of the children really appreciate my efforts.

And all I am doing is NOT picking up that first drink. Sounds sooo easy but I need so much help to keep this going and so I will get my meeting in this evening and get through to day 16 but keep it in the moment.

Luvs Ama
Old 12-13-2004, 10:24 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Red face

((((((((((((((((Ama))))))))))))))) You are TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!!!!
Old 12-13-2004, 10:50 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Dear Ama,

I am SO proud of you! 15 days, eh! Wow! You are an inspiration to me - along with all the good people here. Just knowing that you're there keeps me stong. I feel that God has looked down on us and said, "my children, you are too precious to me to allow you to continue in this insanity. You deserve a new life."

Stick with the winners, Ama. We can do it!

Hugs,

Lindsey
Old 12-13-2004, 02:54 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

:Terrific

Stay strong and continue doing one day at a time and before you know it they will all add up.

Best Wishes and many hugs

A Screw Loose.
:na2
Old 12-13-2004, 02:58 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Ama

(((((Lindsey, Lulu, ScrewLoose & All ))))))))

How wonderful to receive so much encouragement......we are blessed here with SR!!!!

I am filled with good thoughts tonight.....great thoughts and gratefulness too...

Thank you all so so much.....Lets all stay strong and united.....Luvs and Recovery Ama
Old 12-13-2004, 08:50 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Yer welcome so so much,
you see? (teehee)
Peace, love, hugs,
and recovery, too,
Eddie
Old 12-13-2004, 08:55 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Where else can you go where, people are so happy for you?? Keep coming back OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chris
Old 12-14-2004, 12:08 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Paused

Look out!!!! Santa's on a rampage. The Christmas stress has finally gotten to him. Don't worry, I've seen him do this before. He'll snap out of it sooner or later. I hope you have a great day with a few giggles scattered throughout. Take care...

Old 12-14-2004, 06:12 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Ama

Dear Lord,

I am worn out just looking at him. Never realised how stressful his life is you see......I am going to post you a funny yet loverly one. I let my children read it - Gerry thought is awfully sad but the others howled with laughter!!!!! LeAnne - what a joy it is to have you as a friend.......Luvs and Recovery Ama
Old 12-14-2004, 08:13 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Dear Ama,

Just wanted to let you know that you continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. You have been such an inspiration to me, you see!

Keep on doin' what you're doin'!

Hugs,

Lindsey
Old 12-14-2004, 06:40 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
No expectations!

It's day 17 for you there in Dublin, isn't it? Congratulations!
—EZ
Old 12-14-2004, 07:21 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Ama

((((Eddie))))
Yes Yes Yes it is day 17!!!!! And what a day - a sober day and sooo much to be soooo very grateful for. It was nice to be able to share good news for a change cause I must sound like an awful moaner - but it has kept me sane or perhaps just not as insane???? Thank you for that!!!!!

This site has been huge for me - and all the advice and care from you all. Keeping it in the moment still - one day at a time and hopping off to bed now as it is after 3am here. I have alot of work to do on myself and my sobriety but the rewards are just tooo good it seems. I look forward to it!!!! I have a list of things to do and have crossed off some at least. But really need to set a healthy regime for myself and get to normal sleep too. That is okay because everyday alittle bit more ME comes back you see. Havent gotten around to the closets yet but those too will be put in order. And will be by next Wednesday when the Ex comes home - ekkkkkkkk. I will be at AA meets and the gym as much as possible I assure you. Getting a healthy body and a healthy mind.

Goodnight dear friends in Recovery........Ama xxXXXxx
Old 12-14-2004, 07:26 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
knucklehead

Ama, You got time. You just got to keep giving it time and stay focused in the present moment.
Old 12-14-2004, 07:30 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Ama

((((Keith)))))

You are so very right. I can get carried away by life. My focus on recovery is very very strong - I have too much to gain with it you see and soooo very much to loose if I neglect it.

So its another win day and I will go to bed now sober and wake up sober and do it all over again. Just for today!!!! I hate hangovers anyway so this way I dont get to have them anymore either. Win win win.....

Luvs and Recovery Ama xxXXXxx
Old 12-14-2004, 07:34 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
knucklehead

Living life sober. Whats not to like?
Old 12-14-2004, 07:41 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Paused

Old 12-14-2004, 08:57 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
No expectations!

I must sound like an awful moaner
You MUST be kidding! You are one of the most un-moan-y people around. Your gratitude is contagious, in fact. Hope you get some sleep. I wasn't sure if you were up late or up early. LOL.
Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 12-15-2004, 05:30 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Ama

Just a quickie as I dash to a parent teacher meeting - I am going to get the book thrown at my sober lickle head you see - but I can take it!!!! And I have 17 Days one day at a time to thank for that and you wonderful friends too - yip and AA and Step 1!!!!!

I will let you know later how it goes - I have been summoned by the principal eeekkkkk - she is a lovely woman but very grounded - unlike me for the last few months to I will deserve the rollicking she delivers to me. If this was before me only 3 weeks ago - well lets face it I would have been pissed out of my head - dont really have to say anymore now do I????

And today in Dublin is absolutely beautiful. Blue skies and not a cloud in sight and the temperature is springlike. And I noticed the first of my spring bulbs peaking through this morning too - I think they are the miniature Daffodils - how pretty they will be!!!! Yes I know it is December - but Spring is to look forward to now as nature awakens to it next new cycle of growth. Hope the analogy lies true for me too - for all of us!

Talk to ya later and I am abit nervous but sure head is abit clear so that is good - Sober Rocks!!!

Luvs.....Ama
Old 12-15-2004, 06:56 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
The Serenity Plus Plan

(((((Ama)))))

We can handle anything when sober. Perhaps even a school principal! ;-)

You hit on something I truly believe in! We are like those flowers that will come to life in spring! Not that we aren't alive now, but I try to live in the seasons and for me the winter has always been a time of reflection, of getting rid of the parts of me that were no longer useful. Whe the spring arrives, the new and improved me does too.

That's why I'm so grateful for the program, for having such a good friend like you, and all the wonderful caring people at Sober Recovery.
I KNOW that if it wasn't for SR, I don't think I would have made it.

So here's to one day at a time and the arrival of the wee flowers!

And I can't wait to hear about the principal!

Ceallaigh of Innisfree