Notices

Be

Old 09-29-2021, 05:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Be

Been there done that before,. I want to care BUT I may have lung cancer and I just don't know what to do or say anymore. I'm binging on a pint or two a day. It's only been like this for a few days. However, how do I go on. Ive been on and off excess drinking on stress before
This and the damned cancer sites aren't helping. Brother died of lung cancer cancer runs in family. Trying to get a handle on me. Help.

It's overwhelming. I posted earlier on another thread. This is my status today. Two pints four days in a row. Four hours apart. I'm binging I think. I'm not horribly excited about the morning after. I'm really about 100 to 105 lbs so I think it's just a bit way too much.
Obviously
​​​​

Old 09-29-2021, 05:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Sorry to hear that you are in a bad way now Syd. Unfortunately drinking makes it all worse as you are finding, do you think you can find it in yourself to pitch what you have and get some rest? I had a lot of underlying heath issues ( both mental and physical ) and none of them had a chance of improving unless I stopped drinking first.
Old 09-29-2021, 06:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Samantha

Originally Posted by Syd693 View Post
Been there done that before,. I want to care BUT I may have lung cancer and I just don't know what to do or say anymore. I'm binging on a pint or two a day. It's only been like this for a few days. However, how do I go on. Ive been on and off excess drinking on stress before
This and the damned cancer sites aren't helping. Brother died of lung cancer cancer runs in family. Trying to get a handle on me. Help.

It's overwhelming. I posted earlier on another thread. This is my status today. Two pints four days in a row. Four hours apart. I'm binging I think. I'm not horribly excited about the morning after. I'm really about 100 to 105 lbs so I think it's just a bit way too much.
Obviously
​​​​
I dont know what a pint is...a pint of what?
I guess it doesn't matter what if you're uncomfortable with it.
I'm sorry to hear of your predicament, have you already got tests done to confirm?
Old 09-29-2021, 06:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Very sorry to hear that you may have lung cancer.
Old 09-29-2021, 08:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't know the back story to your lung cancer fears but don't let your addiction use that fear (which is yet unproven, right?)
to not care about what happens to you.

I try to live everyday to mean something. I made a commitment long ago I'd try to do that if I'm ever diagnosed with a terminal illness.

I will win this fight, not my addiction.

Nothing is set in stone - you may find you have a future after all - why not work on that basis now, instead of the negative way?

D
Old 09-29-2021, 08:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Syd, I am sorry you are dealing with this. I have found that sometimes the waiting period makes me more crazy. Hopefully it is not cancer, but if it is, you are going to need every bit of your healthy immune system and strength to fight. Alcohol is going to make that so much harder.

I am getting close to the six year mark with sobriety. The thing that finally motivated me to stay quit was some of the heart issues I was dealing with, they were not alcohol related, but I decided to really focus on what I could control, and that was putting healthy habits in place.

Sending you lots of love, and the strength to deal with whatever the results say.

❤️ Delilah
Old 10-01-2021, 08:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

So sorry to hear of your concerns Syd. I assume a pint or two of beer? While that is not a huge amount, you are a small person so it is likely too much, and of course it's hard to moderate if we are alcohol dependent. The biggest problem with drinking, for me, is the horrible anxiety it brings. At 2am in the morning. It's just not worth it. it makes all health concerns much worse.

You did not tell us much about why you have these concerns but hopefully you will be fine. Let go of the alcohol and anxiety and it will help immensely.
Old 10-01-2021, 09:59 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Syd, I hope your health issue turns out to be nothing serious. I'm sure it's very stressful for you right now, but try to distract yourself and find some enjoyment in the day.