Notices

I'm back, how is everyone?

Old 09-29-2021, 03:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It's the end of (another) Day 1 for me but it's a start! My drinking has been getting way of hand, the last couple of months especially. The binges went from 1-2 days (and were bad enough tbh) to 6+ days with the sober spells in between going the opposite direction. I've flaked out of some important things and dealt with all that morning anxiety all over again. Gonna be going to some meetings; I've already listed all the ones accessible to me, some of which I remember from before.

Anyway, hope everyone's well. I've already seen that plenty of old faces look like they're still doing well so well done.
Old 09-29-2021, 03:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Samantha

I'm in the same boat. Been binging. On day 3 now. Good luck!
Old 09-29-2021, 04:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Tetrax, I'm sorry that you've been struggling. It's good to see you back and working on your recovery.
Old 09-29-2021, 05:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome back Tetrax, sorry to hear that you are drinking again but happy that you are making an effort to stop once again. What might you try differently this time and how can we help?
Old 09-29-2021, 06:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Man damn I am sorry to hear you have been drinking. We've been banging keys back and forth for quite a few years. I hope this is finally the time you can join the rest of us on the sunny side of the road.

I went back and looked at some of your older threads. Saw that I wrote this about you on a thread almost 2.5 years ago. I am pretty sure it still stands:

You ask a lot of interesting questions. And you often show very reflective, valuable insight. Be awesome to see what you can do with the gifts you have if you were sober man.
Old 09-29-2021, 07:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Glad you're back trying again! Make this your last day one.
Old 09-29-2021, 07:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tetrax View Post
It's the end of (another) Day 1 for me but it's a start! My drinking has been getting way of hand, the last couple of months especially. The binges went from 1-2 days (and were bad enough tbh) to 6+ days with the sober spells in between going the opposite direction. I've flaked out of some important things and dealt with all that morning anxiety all over again. Gonna be going to some meetings; I've already listed all the ones accessible to me, some of which I remember from before.

Anyway, hope everyone's well. I've already seen that plenty of old faces look like they're still doing well so well done.
Tetrax, I remember you from before.
And given your history, I doubt a binge will ever be consequence free for you again, my friend.
I am the same way. A binge for me would be anywhere from catastrophic (DUI, job loss, or worse) to "just" being sick and unable to cope with withdrawal.
The first drink really isn't worth it.
Old 09-29-2021, 08:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome back Tetrax, I hope this is the time you make sobriety stick!

❤️Delilah
Old 09-29-2021, 08:40 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you made it back Tetrax

D
Old 09-29-2021, 11:02 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi. Congratulations on recommiting. I'm ok-ish.....a bit irritable still, got some head tension. I'm 4 days back after a relapse. I had over a year sober under my belt so it hasn't been easy trying to turn it around again. My relapse lasted 5 weeks and involved probably about 10 big binges (intermittent binges!) ...looking forward to feeling rebalanced again.
Old 09-30-2021, 02:50 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

So happy to 'see' you again Tetrax. You gave us a 'snapshot' of your relapse a few weeks/months? ago and I have thought of you many times. You overcame incredible challenges to stay sober at the time I was starting my journey myself. It was very inspiring to me to read your message and witness how you were able to face all the obstacles drawing strenght from your sobriety. It is clear from other messages that you have an impact on others and that we are all glad to have you back.
Old 09-30-2021, 04:17 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

In the same boat, on day 3 here.
Best of luck to you and everyone.

Old 09-30-2021, 05:01 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I'm gonna join the October class tomorrow if anyone else new/back wants to join me over there
Old 09-30-2021, 05:13 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I've finally been here long enough to recognize an old timer once in a while. Welcome back. You know what you've got to do.
Old 09-30-2021, 09:28 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

My housemate's on the whisky; he's been repeatedly offering it to me. I think he's blacked out. I feel cozy in my sober place on Day 2 though and I'm just pleased it's no issue at all to (repeatedly) decline.
Old 09-30-2021, 10:13 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Welcome back Tetax. Glad you are back and ready to commit to sobriety. I see you've been at this for quite some time which shows resilience. That's great because it is a key component to most who achieve long term sobriety.

That said clearly what you have been doing hasn't been working with any long term success. So ask yourself what are you going to do different this time? How can you work harder at this?

Once again welcome and know that we at SR are here for you.
Old 09-30-2021, 10:27 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Welcome back, Tetrax. I hope the meetings help, and that you can keep it going this time. We are here to help!
Old 10-01-2021, 03:08 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hi Tetrax, that’s not good, is it? Whatever you’re doing isn’t working. You’re obviously disappointed and annoyed with yourself for relapsing, but take it further than that. It sounds like you haven’t accepted you can’t drink again - none of us reading this right now can drink again. What caused you to take that first drink this time?

You need to get your life in such a way that a return to drinking would be a massive inconvenience. Imagine if you joined a sports team or a club and drinking meant you’d let a whole bunch of people down. That’s the sort of scenario you need to be in.

Sorry, bit blunt and rushed. Happy you posted and didn’t stay silent (and drinking). Hope you’re feeling ok today 👍
Old 10-01-2021, 05:57 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hodd View Post
What caused you to take that first drink this time?
I didn't stop for very long earlier this year. The depression got to me again as before, as well as long-term unemployment, which I'm still going through but the depression is no longer as severe and I'm about to start a programme to help get me working again.
Old 10-01-2021, 07:46 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Still Sober