Notices

Hobbies

Old 09-28-2021, 03:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hobbies

Just wondering what your hobbies are as I would like to try something new.

Ill go first. My hobbies are walking, cycling, sports on tv, tv generally, internet message boards (here and one mental health one), movies, baking, cooking, punch bag, social media, news and sport, conspiracy theories.

Best wishes LH
Old 09-28-2021, 03:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Mine are quite similar to yours actually...although my cycling is done at home, I like cooking but like to make ‘things’ rather than meals, like salt beef, kimchi, sauces, smoked meat or fish...just don’t like the pressure of making a whole meal which people are waiting for😂.
Exercise I have really got into, do a lot at home and have battle ropes and kettlebell workouts I really enjoy.
Sports on tv- after lockdowns I have a new ability to watch almost anything competitive on tv and to my shame I believe I can become an armchair expert within hours.
I dropped all social media a couple of years back as it was destroying my mental health, always comparing myself with others was a massive block for me getting sober.
true crime and conspiracy programs are a guilty pleasure too.
Audiobooks on successful habits, business and personal I can spend hours listening to when the lights go out.

Things I want to do...I really want to learn/start climbing..there is a club near me and I should just register and give it a go.
Old 09-28-2021, 03:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Samantha

I go to a bootcamp gym 4-5 times a week. I used to walk and run as well. Now, I'm out of the house 8am- 6 or 7 and I literally have no time.
I try to still get 10,000 steps a day! Weekend days when I drink I'm lucky to get 2000.
Other than that I really have no hobbies. I don't feel I have time for one other than weekends.
Old 09-28-2021, 05:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Running
Weights
Reading
Floristry
Weekend naps
Singing (To the neighbors)
I like to take pictures on my runs. Sometimes I can get some really good shots

Life feels pretty full when I do all of the above every week!
Old 09-28-2021, 06:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sounds like you’re already busy enough, LH. Interesting stuff and good on you.

My hobbies:

As a drinker: drinking, TV, Internet, watching football, cooking

Now: triathlon (which is mainly trying to improve my swimming with a coach), yoga, fitness - interestingly I don’t cook much anymore as I’m too busy.

You can see the difference. What a dull existence a drinker leads. I’d never have the confidence to do any of my current hobbies if I was still an obese drinker
Old 09-28-2021, 01:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Playing games on my phone, Facebook, watching tv, listening to audio books, playing with my cats, adult colouring in with my fancy Prismacolor pencils.
Old 09-28-2021, 01:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Cycling, motorcycles, photography, international travel.. of course forums for all of those.. and home projects (always plenty to work on..)
Old 09-28-2021, 01:48 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

My hobbies…Model trains, exercise at gym, University of Florida sports (hold season tickets to 5 sports)…keeps me busy!