Notices

Daily log 90 days (primary goal)

Old 10-09-2021, 02:35 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

No point in pretending... I don't know when my last drink or cocaine snort will be. I can no longer say I'll be 90 days sober by Christmas. I'm unmedicated and off work - it's not my time, that's my reality. I'll leave this log just now.
Old 10-09-2021, 05:28 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  
Administrator

The way I look at it U4S is when you drink like we do, there are really only two possible outcomes:
  • drink and die;
  • or stop drinking and live.
the second choice is the only viable one.

It doesn't matter if you're not at 90 days to Christmas.
It does matter how you treat yourself for the rest of the year and beyond.

Look at what you are doing to stay sober.
Admit (in a non judgmental non beating up way) that you need to do more.

Think about what that 'more' might look like?

This is the time to recommit to being sober, not to throw in the towel, man
D
Old 10-09-2021, 06:20 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Thanks, that's helpful to read right now! I want sobriety but normal life is not being coped well with by me since late June. I think if I can get my medication sorted out for my mental health issues then I can realistically recommit to sobriety and actually have a chance at succeeding. I can say that I won't take drugs or drink today...for 3 days....for 1 week or 2 weeks. I'd like to say I won't drink for the next 30 days or 2 months, but I can't say I won't because I'm currently not stable or confident. I should be able to recommit with more certainty once I have my medication sorted. This is how I feel at the moment...
Old 10-09-2021, 06:34 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  
Administrator

meds are important but so is trying to keep sober. Don't give that AV any wiggle room.
If forever is too hard right now just commit to today;...and back it up again tomorrow.

If nothing else. commit to coming here and posting before you drink - let us talk you 'round

D
Old 10-09-2021, 11:04 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Hi U4S. Whether you commit for a day or 90 or forever, it all comes down to the same thing. You don't drink now (​​it's always now).
Whether you commit for a day or forever, it still comes down not giving in to the AV one craving/urge at a time.
No one can live in the future, we all live in the now, whether we want to or not!

Just because you put 90 days by Xmas as the title of this thread, doesn't mean you have to throw the baby out with the bathwater if you won't meet this particular target. Start a new thread.
If setting targets doesn't help you, don't do it.

You are listening to your AV say "do it when you feel better"
But look at it this way, if the meds are going to help, the drink/ coke act like anti-meds.
Everytime you drink/ drug you are going to take a step backwards with your mental health when you come down from them.
I don't know what meds you will be on, but no med is a miracle cure. You still have to put your own efforts in. And you will still have to not drink so they can work the best they can.

​​​​​​Dont give up on quitting now.
If a way isn't working, try another way. Trail and error.
I hope you do keep on trying
Old 10-09-2021, 11:30 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
meds are important but so is trying to keep sober. Don't give that AV any wiggle room.
If forever is too hard right now just commit to today;...and back it up again tomorrow.

If nothing else. commit to coming here and posting before you drink - let us talk you 'round

D
OK, I'll do this.
Old 10-09-2021, 11:36 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jupiter11 View Post
Hi U4S. Whether you commit for a day or 90 or forever, it all comes down to the same thing. You don't drink now (​​it's always now).
Whether you commit for a day or forever, it still comes down not giving in to the AV one craving/urge at a time.
No one can live in the future, we all live in the now, whether we want to or not!

Just because you put 90 days by Xmas as the title of this thread, doesn't mean you have to throw the baby out with the bathwater if you won't meet this particular target. Start a new thread.
If setting targets doesn't help you, don't do it.

You are listening to your AV say "do it when you feel better"
But look at it this way, if the meds are going to help, the drink/ coke act like anti-meds.
Everytime you drink/ drug you are going to take a step backwards with your mental health when you come down from them.
I don't know what meds you will be on, but no med is a miracle cure. You still have to put your own efforts in. And you will still have to not drink so they can work the best they can.

​​​​​​Dont give up on quitting now.
If a way isn't working, try another way. Trail and error.
I hope you do keep on trying
OK, thank you - I'll use this method 'I don't drink now' ....if I run into trouble I'll try to post on here first!!
Old 10-10-2021, 12:10 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Oh yey U4S. so happy you are not throwing in the towel

​​​​​​Yes, post here if the AV starts it's BS I find in these really early days distraction is a godsend 🤍
Old 10-10-2021, 10:25 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Would be good for me to see you hanging about UFS on here, on another thread, or maybe the class of October 2021 thread.