Bored to death bath, bed, RR book.
Watch some BNT.
Not going to force the gratitude stuff.
Things are ok, that's enough for me.

Old 09-25-2021, 12:50 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Oh, J!!

I'm so glad to read about your day with your daughter! It seems like things went along quite as well as they could have, and that's a very great accomplishment indeed. Seeing as you didn't stop for a bottle on the way home, I'd count that as a tremendous success. You already did your gratitude list earlier on, so you are in good standing there.

One word about the daughter: She is most definitely not waiting for you to blow it again. But she is not going to feel secure in your sobriety for a very very long time. I'd call it wary rather than waiting, if you know what I mean. That's ok - I mean it's not because crap, right? But we did that. So all we can do is be decent moms, and hopefully one day our lives will grow a little bit beyond just trying to keep ourselves in line, right My life is pretty boring. But it beats the living daylights out of livening things up with my drunken drama.

You are doing so well.
Celebrate normalcy.

O
Old 09-25-2021, 09:54 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Day 14

Hi Obladi (oblada, life goes on...Ooo)
Great to see you for a morning dose of good sense
Of course you are right, my daughter has been dealing with my addiction since she was 8, of course she's going to be wary. The amount of times I have gotton her hopes up in the past that I have "cracked it" then dashed them when she was young are too many to even start counting.
I don't know if she is so strong minded and independent because of me and my drinking or inspite of me.
I do know, I regret so much putting her through it. But regrets belong to the past and I can only deal with the future, right?
If I even thought about drinking now, it would be as good as saying to her feelings and loyalty are worthless to me,

Yes, the boredom wins over the drunken drama and angst anyday!
These past couple of weeks I have been ever so pleased with myself when someone sends me a text or rings me and I can answer immediately and coherently! Drunken me would find texts from the day before which were either unanswered or had replies I couldn't remember writing, that didn't make any sense. Even worse, the phone log would say I had answered a call and I couldn't even remember getting a call!!

I can't tell you enough O how much I have appreciated your input on this thread

Well this is my last day on this thread, I reached my 14 day target, which was the aim of this thread. Not sure if I will start a new target thread or just stick with the other thread. I haven't made my AVRT Big Plan yet. But I know I won't ever drink again
Jupiters AV..."We'll see"
Ignore that piece of crap, it's starting to panic because it knows I mean it.

ps..I couldn't have stopped for a bottle even if I wanted to (which I didn't, I was on a natural high) because I lost my bankcard while I was out! It probably disappeared in a puff of smoke when it was used for something other than drink lol.
I do have money now though, my DIL let me transfer money from my mobile banking into her bank account and then gave me her card to go and get it out of the atm.
See how kind people are, and drinking, you never appreciate them, they are just obstacles to the AV! Shocking.

Old 09-25-2021, 11:06 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

OMG
See the ambivalence in last post?
Of course I'm not going to do another "target" thread. I've decided to go with AVRT

I will never drink again and I will never change mind.

My beast is having a bit of a tizz, bit panic here.
But that's it Big Plan committed to. Think my beast wants to throw up Amazing reaction, what a drama queen she is ...yes , get on your broom and sod off
Old 09-26-2021, 06:15 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Good Work on 14 Days!
Old 09-26-2021, 07:13 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Awesome job, coming through it.

For what it's worth, I have found most 'success' in keeping my pledge to this very moment. I Never Drink Now.
For me, thoughts of the future are detrimental because I don't have a future (yet). Maybe one day I will feel that I have some sort of life goal - somewhere I want to go or be or do, but I've got enough to handle just living through each Now right now.

Plus also, Never Drinking Now covers all bases because I never can be drinking in the future - it will always be Now when the future rolls around.

O

Old 09-26-2021, 09:31 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Thanks fishkiller, and thanks for your support this past week, and FDM and of course Obladi (oblada life goes on Ooo)
Really helped
Yes O, I read that in RR book..I don't drink now.
It's been a rough old two weeks in some ways, good in others, but great that I didn't drink, didn't want to drink. Not saying there wasn't cravings, there were. But never want to go back to the place I started this from. Ever.

So wrapping this little thread up now, it has been very useful!