Notices

Day 6

Old 09-18-2021, 05:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 6

Longest I have gone without a drink for years.
Feel better than I have since stopping.
Had 7 full hours sleep last night, feel more tired than ever lol But a calm tired, not a hyper all over the place tired.
Grandson just rang me for a Roald Dahl monopoly rematch, so there's the next 3 hours filled till he thrashes me again.

I think I said before (or maybe I didn't). I find this site unique in that it has members with their stories spanning years. With all their ups and downs.
I love these stories where I can find them. You can see exactly where people who have been doing well mindset changes before they drink. How they react and whether that leads back to drinking or not. Whether they take advice offered and get over it, or ignore everyone's advice and drink again.
Was wondering if anyone knew of anymore of these threads?
So far I have read
Thomas11
Mervagolovsia ( can't spell it)
Beabetterman
Stewy
Sweetichick
Venuscat
Got up today, thought it was Sunday, was really shocked to find all the shops open, until I realised it was Saturday.

Have to go. Willie Wonka's factories call
Old 09-18-2021, 05:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jupiter11 View Post
Longest I have gone without a drink for years.
Feel better than I have since stopping.
Had 7 full hours sleep last night, feel more tired than ever lol But a calm tired, not a hyper all over the place tired.
Grandson just rang me for a Roald Dahl monopoly rematch, so there's the next 3 hours filled till he thrashes me again.

I think I said before (or maybe I didn't). I find this site unique in that it has members with their stories spanning years. With all their ups and downs.
I love these stories where I can find them. You can see exactly where people who have been doing well mindset changes before they drink. How they react and whether that leads back to drinking or not. Whether they take advice offered and get over it, or ignore everyone's advice and drink again.
Was wondering if anyone knew of anymore of these threads?
So far I have read
Thomas11
Mervagolovsia ( can't spell it)
Beabetterman
Stewy
Sweetichick
Venuscat
Got up today, thought it was Sunday, was really shocked to find all the shops open, until I realised it was Saturday.

Have to go. Willie Wonka's factories call
haha, brilliant. Very very well done on 6 days!! 🌟
Old 09-18-2021, 06:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

I'm so glad you got some rest and are feeling better!
Sleep is amazingly restorative; I'd recommend making a regular bedtime a priority for now.

I don't know about this Wonka Monopoly! I'll have to look it up, but honestly I abhor the game. It takes sooooo long to play and the end is always so bitter. Perhaps once I have grands I will learn to just enjoy their enjoyment rather than so actively detesting the greed-fueled 'game.' But it will have to be the Roald Dahl version. Especially if Vermicious Knids are involved.

Good on ya for 6 days!
Almost a week!!!

O
Old 09-18-2021, 06:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

p.s. If you are in the view where you can see the list of all the threads, you can click on the "Replies" link at the top of the list. It will then sort the threads by number of replies. Those will be your long-running ones.
Old 09-18-2021, 09:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hello U4S and Obladi great to "see you" 😃

Obladi, me and grandson make up our own rules as we go along. It's good for his maths skills working out the money! And good for haggling skills lol
I won today cos I was the banker 😂

I'll do that about the replies and see if I can find anything.

Today has been ok. Bit obsessive in my thinking, but trying to keep those at bay. Hopefully the obsessive thinking will wear off as time goes by.
Another war has broken out between one of my (grown) sons and my mother.
I'm keeping well out of it. Had both of them on the phone complaining about the other. Told them I don't care. Not to sound harsh, but I don't. They are both as bad as each other.
I think I have had enough of my own drama lately.

Old 09-18-2021, 10:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congratulations on day 6!!!!
Old 09-18-2021, 10:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Feel free to check out my thread called ME. Ups and downs galore.

Good for you on day 6!
Old 09-18-2021, 11:02 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by listae View Post
Congratulations on day 6!!!!
Thank you listae 🙂 Day is nearly over thank goodness, just want to get them as far as possible behind me lol
Old 09-18-2021, 11:03 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by VikingGF View Post
Feel free to check out my thread called ME. Ups and downs galore.

Good for you on day 6!
Funny you should say that. I am halfway through your thread. So much in there resonates with me. Threads like yours are priceless
Old 09-18-2021, 11:52 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Congrats Jupiter. I felt heaps better after 2 weeks. 30 days now. Even the rough days wound up being a plus, because with each one of them, I know more and more I can power through, go to sleep, and wake up a little stronger and little better. best, SS
Old 09-18-2021, 12:16 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Congratulations on Day 6 of living sober!!! I enjoyed reading about your plans today with your grandson, and I have no doubt that your accomplishment in being sober will enhance your enjoyment and presence. You can do this! I know this sounds cliche`, but staying sober is really once second, one minute, one hour, one day at a time. We are here for you!
Old 09-18-2021, 12:52 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SouthernSober View Post
Congrats Jupiter. I felt heaps better after 2 weeks. 30 days now. Even the rough days wound up being a plus, because with each one of them, I know more and more I can power through, go to sleep, and wake up a little stronger and little better. best, SS
Hi SS. 30 days is fantastic, you must be ever so pleased with what you are achieving, I would be.
Yes, I'm starting to believe (because people tell me here) that things will gradually improve, even if there is the bad days. Yes, power through them, I will remember that.
I powered through bad drinking days, without even the hope next day would be better, cos they were always, obviously worse!

This time last week I had been drinking 4 days around clock. A bottle of gin a day. I felt like death. I'd done one of my get to the shop for 8am stints. By 8pm it was all gone.
I had a horrible anxiety filled night. The shops can't sell till 10am on a Sunday. But I had no money left.
The craving was horrible on Sunday morning, constant, overpowering. I rang everyone I knew to borrow some money. Everyone said no, because I already owed them money.
Eventually, I bummed a tenner from someone.
It wasn't enough for a litre of gin, so I got half a bottle. That was 11am. It was gone by 2pm.
I must have passed out cos I woke at 9pm and started going into withdrawal.
Had no money again, so had to stick it out.
Next day, was in a horrible state. But had no choice but to stick it out. Then my brother messaged, saying he had just seen my message from day before and had put £20 into my bank that I didn't have to repay.
I should have been happy and ran up the shop to get booze, because I was in a right state and the craving was horrible.
But all of a sudden I thought, " look at the state of you!"
I was like a beggar at everyone's door, no pride whatsoever. Booze ruled me and I was in a right state with it, physically and mentally and financially.
So I thought I would just see out the withdrawals and finish this horror.
The withdrawals were really bad, I thought I would die, but I didn't.

Then day 2 I came back here. And none of the days I have had since then have been as bad as that Saturday and Sunday last week.

Even then, it could have been worse, if my daughter had found out about that bender, it would have been the end for good.
Old 09-18-2021, 01:00 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KittyMama00 View Post
Congratulations on Day 6 of living sober!!! I enjoyed reading about your plans today with your grandson, and I have no doubt that your accomplishment in being sober will enhance your enjoyment and presence. You can do this! I know this sounds cliche`, but staying sober is really once second, one minute, one hour, one day at a time. We are here for you!
Thank you for the encouragement kitty 🙂
Yes, I had fun with my grandson last night and this afternoon.
When playing monopoly he is very easy going. He was the banker last night. I landed on his property. He wanted £700. I told him I only had £200 so would have to go bankrupt. He said "I'm the bank, I'm giving you £500"
Then he took the whole £700 off me for landing on his property 😂
I love being around kids
And I've wasted so much time this year drinking, that could have been better spent with my grandkids. You can't waste time around kids, they grow up so fast.
Yep, sometimes this giving up has been minute by minute for me.