Notices

FOMO at Weekends? Weekenders 17 - 20 September 2021

Old 09-22-2021, 10:10 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  
Magsie

Kaily, oh sorry your daughter is having problems. I hope the doc convinces her to have the blood tests. So pleased she had the covid vaccine.

I love the doggy strollers. A man in our park used to walk one of his dogs in one. It would get out sometimes then after a while wait to be lifted back into it. It was 18 years old bless it.

Leigh aw doggy has sunglasses for his eye problem.
Old 09-22-2021, 10:52 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Mags. I've been thinking of you and wondering how physio is going. I hope your hand is feeling better. I think they want you to have full movement and not get your hand stuck in a position. I can just feel how painful it is, but you're a trooper, i know you are and I think you are being very graceful about it. Although Physical Terror is a phrase I will remember! I hope Mr. Mags is feeling well these days and well as MIL. That's a lot you have!
Sending love and have a wonderful, hopefully pain free day. Does it still hurt a lot even when your not in therapy? I hope not.
Love you!
Old 09-22-2021, 10:54 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  

^^^^^^^. Ditto.
Old 09-22-2021, 10:57 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Old 09-22-2021, 11:18 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Pizzles. LOL!

Kaily, I'm sorry about your daughter, it must be really hard for you. I hope she thinks again. All the best to Alfie.

Sending positive vibes to you too Mags, let's hope it is the worst of the pain and it starts to feel better from now.

I'm in Inverness, boy did it rain on the way up. It has stopped now but it's coat weather up here where winter runs from September to June (inclusive)

Here is Inverness Castle. The river below flows out of Loch Ness but I didn't catch site of the beastie.

Attached Images
Old 09-22-2021, 11:45 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  
Magsie

Nice pic Saou. Enjoy Scotland.

Aly and Leigh, thank you. I’m ok, just had a setback from last Friday’s physio. My hand and wrist is swollen, I think she worked (forced) my hand too far than it would go. (I’m treating it with ice cold packs) I feel like I’ve gone back a few weeks. It’ll get better I’m sure. I’m getting prepared fir my next physio Friday morning armed with questions , for me and to make sure they know where I am or should be in my recovery.

Aly, pleased you’re ‘letting go, letting God’ with your mom.

Leigh, I hope the swimming is coming along without too much pain and discomfort.
Old 09-22-2021, 11:48 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Ouch, I guess she really was a physical terrorist. That does seem a bit extreme. I know they have to stretch the hand ligaments, etc. I'm so sorry that happened, esp if you feel like it set you back.
Sending prayers to my great gal pal. Take it easy on yourself, love.
Old 09-22-2021, 01:13 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Mags , Kaily Aly

Sao, I've never been as far north as Inverness. According to wikipedia, Inverness was voted in both 2014 and 2015 as the "happiest place in Scotland" with only Harrogate in North Yorkshire being ahead of it for the UK as a whole. The least happy location in the UK - East London!
Old 09-22-2021, 01:56 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Hugs Kaily I hope your daughter gets her repeat blood tests….

Mags I hope your hand settles down again quickly. Hopefully the PT on Friday isn’t as rough! ❤️

Sao I took a similar photo of Inverness Castle. I thought it was a lovely place. Maybe Nessie was off elsewhere catching fish for supper. My Dad used to swear he’d seen her

I had a lovely day yesterday and managed a walk in the early evening to quiet the beastly AV. I made it through the evening without alcohol and without sugar too which is a bonus.
It’s Thursday morning now and time for work.

Sending you all strength and support and love ❤️
Old 09-22-2021, 03:42 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mags1 View Post
Kaily, oh sorry your daughter is having problems. I hope the doc convinces her to have the blood tests. So pleased she had the covid vaccine.

I love the doggy strollers. A man in our park used to walk one of his dogs in one. It would get out sometimes then after a while wait to be lifted back into it. It was 18 years old bless it.

Leigh aw doggy has sunglasses for his eye problem.
He or she does; the glasses don’t seem to bother him/her a bit. It is a very cute sight.

No return to swimming yet; my jaw is still quite sore but much better than last week.
Old 09-22-2021, 05:23 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  

No more snorkels for you dear Leigh! s ❤️
Old 09-22-2021, 09:03 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  
saoutchik

All the best Leigh, I'm glad your jaw is improving.

Originally Posted by Robbie64 View Post
Mags , Kaily Aly

Sao, I've never been as far north as Inverness. According to wikipedia, Inverness was voted in both 2014 and 2015 as the "happiest place in Scotland" with only Harrogate in North Yorkshire being ahead of it for the UK as a whole. The least happy location in the UK - East London!
I live in east London Robbie, I probably drag the average down a bit.
Old 09-22-2021, 09:42 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  
Magsie

Saou, I don’t believe that for a minute!
Old 09-22-2021, 09:47 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  
Magsie

New thread begins

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...er-2021-a.html (“Go Against the Grain” Weekender, 24 - 27 September 2021)