Notices

This is insane

Old 09-10-2021, 01:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Geek

This is insane

I am trying to delete my account - there is no option to do so? WHY?

I cannot send a PM to get my account deleted BECAUSE I DONT HAVE 15 Posts

Please delete my account - there is no way to contact you either as your "Contact Us" page is also missing

This is frustrating - just delete my account
Old 09-10-2021, 01:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Can I ask why you're trying to delete it @jsmanim?
Old 09-10-2021, 02:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Geek

I have no need for the account anymore - but the fact that I cannot delete it is extremely frustrating and it makes it feel a little like a hostage situation with my data.
Old 09-10-2021, 02:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hopefully one of the mods will see this and help you out.
Old 09-10-2021, 02:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am sorry that you want to delete your account but I completely support your right to do so.
Old 09-10-2021, 02:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jsmanim View Post
I have no need for the account anymore - but the fact that I cannot delete it is extremely frustrating and it makes it feel a little like a hostage situation with my data.
hello,
i understand that you are upset you cant delete your acount....but what data is there? a few posts etc...
why dont you just delete your posts (if poss) change your password but dont make a note of it, log out an forget it ever happened?

i only joined today but i have a bit of inside information on forum software......it is extremely dificult to delete an acount once you have made a post......and the reson is it works on .php database tables.... in other words "plucking" your bit out can damage the database table and mess up a lot of the forum......ie others posts....etc... or worse make the whole site crash......
there is a linear continuity to how they work..........

anyway...all the best and i hope u get a resolve.
Old 09-10-2021, 02:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

This seemed effective:
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...y-account.html
Old 09-10-2021, 04:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Inability to delete an account is typical with a lot of forums. For whatever reason, they fail to program that function into the software. And I agree that this is a deficiency that should be remedied. I feel the same way about banks. They want my personal information including my social security number, and act like I shouldn't worry because my personal information is secure. Yeah right? Then why does the data in banks, credit card companies, Amazon, or the Federal Government get hacked all the time?

The one thing I might say to allay your frustration is that hacking a site with a bunch of alcoholics floundering around in their disease isn't worth the effort for most hackers. Unless there is someone out there who holds a petty grudge against you, and wants to reprint something you say here in a letter to the newspaper for the purpose of ruining your reputation, but most of those jerk types aren't smart enough to reinstall the software for a corrupted program in their own computer, let alone hack someone else's.
Old 09-10-2021, 04:50 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DriGuy View Post
Inability to delete an account is typical with a lot of forums. For whatever reason, they fail to program that function into the software. And I agree that this is a deficiency that should be remedied. I feel the same way about banks. They want my personal information including my social security number, and act like I shouldn't worry because my personal information is secure. Yeah right? Then why does the data in banks, credit card companies, Amazon, or the Federal Government get hacked all the time?

The one thing I might say to allay your frustration is that hacking a site with a bunch of alcoholics floundering around in their disease isn't worth the effort for most hackers. Unless there is someone out there who holds a petty grudge against you, and wants to reprint something you say here in a letter to the newspaper for the purpose of ruining your reputation, but most of those jerk types aren't smart enough to reinstall the software for a corrupted program in their own computer, let alone hack someone else's.
factual, funny and well written A+
on a side note i noticed this platform is xenforo.....and i believe there is a plugin you can download to save all that deleting lines of code and hope your database holds up to a bashing..... (but am still pretty sure it will come with a use at your own risk senario) damn sight better than going at databases with the delete key....plus you will proberbly miss something hahahahah (does this sound like i have made that mistake before!!) hahahahha.
Old 09-10-2021, 04:52 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

the drunk and high computer programmer........ what a legend he is....literally fearless...hahahah
Old 09-10-2021, 05:15 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I mean.....just dont use the account and clear the cookies or whatever. Forget about ever posting here and move on with your life. Problem solved.
Old 09-10-2021, 05:33 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have closed your account.