Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Happy to be Sober? OR Dying for the next drink? Weekenders 10 - 13 September2021

Notices

Happy to be Sober? OR Dying for the next drink? Weekenders 10 - 13 September2021

Old 09-12-2021, 12:08 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Sunday Blessings, all.

Thanks for the posts and photos. Very nice.

Stay strong everyone and especially Introvrtd and UNITE. Stay close.

Together, we are strong.

Old 09-12-2021, 09:41 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Weekenders

I hope it was a good sober weekend for us all. I feel like I say it lightly but I don’t mean it flippantly and I understand the work and dedication put in to stay sober, especially in the first few months. Learning the steps from those who knows what you’re going through helps build up sober tools to help you along your way.

It can be done. Many here in SR are a testament and I for one never thought I’d achieve sobriety and have a happy life too! But yes it’s there for everyone. So don’t give up especially if on the good days you think you’ve got it in the bag and can drink ‘normally’ again. Nope. I kidded myself and fell at many of those days in the past.

Off to physio today. I bought some therapy balls for my hand to use at home. They range in different firmness. I’ve started on the softest one to begin with and it seems to be helping.
I can’t make a fist or straighten my fingers yet but I can separate my fingers slightly which I couldn’t do last week. Progress. I think I’ve gone past my fear that I’m going to break or snap something inside my hand/wrist I also exercise with my other hand at same time to give it support. It seems to help.

Lots of love xxxx
Old 09-12-2021, 09:45 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope Physio goes well Mags

D
Old 09-12-2021, 10:19 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  
Magsie

Thanks Dee
Old 09-12-2021, 10:43 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Morning all,

I have my physio this morning too Mags, at 9am. I have been really good about doing my exercises - apart from sitting on the tennis ball.
I'm glad you are seeing some gradual improvement with your wrist.

I have woken all out of sorts. I dreamt that I had a job as a bus driver but I couldn't stop drinking. And I kept getting lost so had keep doing three point turns. I'm exhausted.

Old 09-12-2021, 10:49 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  
Magsie

All the best with your physio Kaily. Sitting on a tennis ball Hope it was power steering on the bus
Old 09-12-2021, 11:08 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Thanks Mags. You too.
Old 09-13-2021, 12:15 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Good luck with the physio Mags and Kaily.
Old 09-13-2021, 12:41 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Thanks mags for your post up above, i am thankfull that i have another weekend sober, even though saturday was hard, but i am learning new ways to keep going forward on my sober path and it made sense what u said about the early weeks or months. Hope i made sense there? lol
hope physio goes ok for you both x
I am hoping to stay up and go to yoga this evening x trying to do more things in my day when not at work.
Hope u all have good week see u next weekend x
Old 09-13-2021, 12:57 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Erratic ,yes I got what you meant. the first few months I was in a brain fog and basically I did nothing except got to work and come home along with the daily chores. I didn’t know how to live without a drink and carried on doing that (but without a drink) until I found SR. Finding people like me was a blessing c

There will be bad days, I mean there is bad days in life anyway. But in time when the bad days aren’t because of booze you’ll be able to deal with them without wanting to drink to numb it.

We’re here all week too if you want to have a chat or a moan or just read posts. Take care. Hope the yoga goes well.
Old 09-13-2021, 01:15 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

I got the day wrong, it's next Monday @9! And I argued it was their mistake. . Got home and checked, it was mine.

Off to walk my Dad now.
Old 09-13-2021, 01:29 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Oops, Kaily!
Old 09-13-2021, 01:57 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  

I had a crappy day at work today and the AV reared up in full force on the way home. I am really missing my Mum, so much, and feeling her loss intensely today. Maybe more so because I’m really tired. And I really wanted a drink this afternoon/evening. Not just one, but a bottle of wine, to wipe away the crappy day and the pain of loss of my Mum.

But I know that getting drunk won’t bring her back and it won’t change today at work. It would only make tomorrow even harder. So I didn’t stop and buy wine, I came straight home and had a shower and heated up some leftovers for dinner and I’m going to bed early. I’m so tired.

I’m 120 days sober and I’m more tired than I can remember. I’m wondering if it’s maybe PAWS? I’m just shattered all the time lately, especially the last few days.
It’s not yet 7pm and I’m headachey and have sore eyes and just want to sleep for a week.

I’m probably just rambling, but it’s keeping me from drinking so that’s got to be a good thing. I think I’ll go to bed actually.
Old 09-13-2021, 02:02 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Hope things seem brighter in the morning, Willow.
Have a peaceful night.
Old 09-13-2021, 02:24 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  
Administrator

You might be run down Willow? See how you feel tomorrow.
I’m glad you’re not listening to AV lies - alcohol fixes nothing.

D
Old 09-13-2021, 02:29 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Willow, sorry you had a rough day and that you're missing your mom.
Old 09-13-2021, 03:56 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Willow sorry to read you had a bad day at work. Plus with you missing your mum, it sounds like it is all making you feel unsettled and exhausted - fertile ground for the AV. Well done on not listening to it and giving in. Hopefully you can have a refreshing sleep tonight and feel better in the morning. Take care.
Old 09-13-2021, 04:12 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Thinking of you Willow. I hope sleep does the trick.

Kaily, the tennis ball - evil little round torture device. I use one when my back spasms. It does help. No pain no gain.

I need coffee...oh, it's ready!
Old 09-13-2021, 06:00 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  

sorry Willow
Old 09-13-2021, 08:30 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Sorry you had a rough day Willow but good for you ignoring your AV, drinking will only make things worse. I expect your mum would be pleased you didn't drink over her (or anything else)

Kaily - I know where those buses are going - to the 'lost' village of Imber on Salisbury Plain. It's pretty much England's only deserted village apart from one's that were flooded for reservoirs. People are allowed to visit on certain days of the year and it has become a sort of event. Here is the Wiki entry for it:-

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imber