Notices

Cravings

Old 09-03-2021, 08:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cravings

I’m 3 weeks sober today y’all! And I’m happy to report that I still haven’t had and cravings. As most of you know, I couldn’t even get past one week in previous attempts due to cravings.

And here’s my analogy of why.

I recently was prescribed a med for GERD. I only took it for 5 days but had horrible stomach pains on day 4 and 6 (day after taking it). I stopped the meds because I cannot bear the pain. I will never ever take the med ever again due to the side effects. Why would I make myself suffer?

Same with alcohol. Last time I drank, I woke up with a horrible mental and physical hangover. Never again do I want to feel like that. And I guess my brain finally got the message, hence the lack of cravings.

happy Friday ✌🏻
Old 09-03-2021, 08:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

3 weeks sober and not craving? That's wonderful! Keep doing what your doing!

One of my sober rules is to never ever romanticize alcohol. You are doing the opposite which is even better. Keep the analogy alive!
Old 09-03-2021, 08:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I too keep the horrible hangover memories fresh in my mind.
Everytime I see alcohol my brain immediately goes into flight mode.

Cannot remember the last time I enjoyed alcohol
Old 09-03-2021, 09:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

By any means we here stay clean. All of us here and anyone else that decides drinking is not for them, for whatever reason, uses sober tools.

AA, SR etc etc. I hate booze. It is poison. Hate is such a strong word, but it fits perfectly for my mental fortification against relapse.

I just got back from getting 6 vials of blood drawn for an annual check up. When the nurse told me it was time, my heart jumped a bit because I thought that there would be problems because I am a drunk. Then I remembered, I never drink anymore. I sort of laughed. The memories of my drinking days will always be there.

Love love love.

Thanks.
Old 09-03-2021, 09:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

As I've often said, alcohol is derived from rot, and that's exactly what it does to your body and your life. Congrats on 3 weeks!
Old 09-03-2021, 12:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congratulations, Jillian. I really enjoyed the responses to your post. I'm at day 31 and also do not have cravings at this point. I am hoping that the current trend continues. However, I know we have to watch for that sneaky brat AV to rear its little head just when we think we have conquered the beast. I think the AV lays in wait until we feel confident it's left us. At least that's been my experience in the past (although I've not had 30+ days before). One of my favorite posts (I don't remember the author) about the AV said "I'd kill it if I could". I'm not a violent person and don't support murder, but my own AV better not get in my way toward life after alcohol!
Old 09-03-2021, 02:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're doing well, Jillian.
Old 09-03-2021, 02:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Way to go Jillian! Stay strong!
Old 09-04-2021, 08:53 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Fantastic!

I'm on Day 4.....coming back after 4 big binges over the space of 10 days. I had 440 days clean time. Grrr! It is what it is!

I ate mini banana pancakes with some butter to dull the craving just now.
Old 09-05-2021, 10:16 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by UNITE4STRENGTH View Post
Fantastic!

I'm on Day 4.....coming back after 4 big binges over the space of 10 days. I had 440 days clean time. Grrr! It is what it is!

I ate mini banana pancakes with some butter to dull the craving just now.
Oh wow, that’s sounds rough. I’m sorry you relapsed. I hope you are picking back up where you left off and continuing your sobriety.