Notices

Which type are you?

Old 08-20-2021, 04:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Which type are you?

The Enneagram Personality Test (truity.com)
There are many personality tests - Myers Briggs and others. I posted this one because sometimes these things give some useful insight.
I was type 4 - I almost did the test again so I wouldn't be a type 4, but that would have been such a type 4 thing to do. So didn't!
Old 08-20-2021, 07:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Type 9, and it sounds about right to me. Especially this analysis:

"Nines are motivated by their need for peace and harmony in their environment, and the desires to avoid conflict and deal with unpleasant emotions."

As a child of a verbally abusive alcoholic father, avoidance of conflict has been one of the recurring themes of my life.

Old 08-20-2021, 08:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Never took the engram but did lots of Meyers Briggs stuff. I'm INFJ
Old 08-21-2021, 05:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I took the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory as an odd requirement way back in college. I don't know if it helped me in anyway. Maybe it did, because somethings I realized were true back then that I wished were different are no longer true today. But the main reason I remember it was because it asked really strange questions that seemed to have no bearing on anything. I was in a large group being tested and every once in a while, someone would break out in laughter, and all of us would wonder which question that was about?

I mean like one question was, "Sometimes my stools are dark brown. (true or false)." What measure of personality is that all about? I'm convinced one question was undecipherable. I'm guessing it measured whether you would respond yes or no to a question that was beyond anyone's understanding. Most of the questions seemed like regular questions. I was told the test could not be faked, even by a trained psychologist.

But the name of the test was something that got suck in my brain and is still there 45 years later. Say, "Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory," ten times. See if that doesn't stick with you for awhile.
Old 08-22-2021, 09:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

omg DriGuy lmao!
Old 08-22-2021, 09:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

omg You guys broke it! I can't get past the first page. 😠
Old 08-22-2021, 11:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

type 4 surprise surprise, no way i would have answered honestly if i was going for a job lol
Old 08-22-2021, 12:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm a 1 by this test and that sounds pretty accurate to me.
I'm an INFJ in Meyers Briggs.
Old 08-22-2021, 12:25 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm a 5....seems pretty accurate....I googled the info and Albert Einstein is an example of a 5....he and I also share the same Myers Briggs type INTP

Thanks Dusty ~ Very cool!
Old 08-22-2021, 01:47 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kittencat View Post
omg You guys broke it! I can't get past the first page. 😠
Same. I couldn't get past page 1. I really did want to take it, just because these things are fun.
Old 08-22-2021, 02:44 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DriGuy View Post
Same. I couldn't get past page 1. I really did want to take it, just because these things are fun.
same here, couldn’t get past page 1.
Old 08-22-2021, 02:46 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Oh Kittencat maybe the link is broken - try googling truity enneagram test -

Purpirks you are obviously a genius and wasted on us mere mortals here!

Scd61 we are 4's - I feel like having a tantrum.....!
Old 08-22-2021, 03:03 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

9 here.
Old 08-22-2021, 04:24 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Type 7

The epicurean, the adventurer

Phoebe Buffay (Friends)

Tyrion Lannister (GOT)

The Joker (Batman)

Overview

7s are motivated by the need to live life to the full, and to have fun. They live life like it’s an adventure, and are constantly planning new experiences, even while they are living one. They often want to try the maximum number of things that draws their interest, they never want to miss something accessible to them that is pleasant and enjoyable. They are extroverted, energetic, creative, playful and optimistic beings with a great sense of humour. They like sharing their good mood and often try to help those more serious, to relax and laugh more. 7s are rather independent beings and do not appreciate restrictions or being told what to do. They need freedom, variety and multiple options both in their work and personal lives. Rather than going up against authority, they find ways of going around it. Their bright smile and spirit means they often have the gift of avoiding and calming conflicts.

Avoidance compulsion

7s look at all costs, and sometimes subconsciously, to avoid suffering. They do everything they can to avoid sadness, emotional hurt, frustration, boundaries, constraints and boredom.

Center of attention and motivation

7s’ attention is mainly focused on planning a positive future, making fun and enjoyable plans and keeping several options open. They want to be happy, try lots of things, and become nervous when they don’t have anything to do or only have one possible option.
They are motivated by fun and varied experiences, they want to try as many things as possible that life has to offer them and want to make the world more enjoyable to live in. They need to be positive and optimistic. They can undertake improvised projects and need flexible plans.

Vice and defense mechanism

When they are in the grips of their compulsion (avoiding suffering), their ego makes them moody and greedy: “is more fun not better?”. Whatever the type of pleasure is, they want more of it and don’t stop until they are tired of it. They thus find it very difficult to resist if something fun is suggested to them. Their defence mechanism is to rationalise: this can often be translated as their ease in reformulating things into positive terms. In terms of a defence mechanism, rationalising enables them to find good reasons to do what they want to do, and to see things how they want them to be believed. For example, if a 7 should not drink a certain drink because of health issues, with the temptation, they could easily say themselves “It’s okay, it’s only a small glass”. Thus, they find a justification which stops them from feeling bad about their behaviour. It can however sometimes distance them from their true motivations.

In harmony

When they are at peace with themselves and manage their compulsion, 7s are positive, imaginative, playful, good-humoured, curious, joyful, very energetic, helpful, humanitarian, spontaneous and creative.
They are at ease when their need to find pleasure is satisfied, and when they feel free. Then, they lean towards their integration type (type 5) and the latter’s positive traits are incorporated into their behaviour. Thus, they become more analytical, autonomous, focused, observant and pay more attention to detail.

In imbalance

In the grips of their compulsion, 7s can become evasive, egocentric, disengaged, compulsive, erratic, agitated and indifferent to others’ feelings.
If the situation doesn’t improve, they lean towards their disintegration type (type 1) and the latter’s negative traits are incorporated into their behaviour. They can thus become more authoritarian, rigid, critical, difficult and demanding.

Wings

Type 7’s neighbouring types are 6 and 8. The “wing” is the neighbouring type that appears to have the most influence on the base type.
7w6s are more responsible, good at relationships and cooperative, but can also be more anxious and fragile.
7w8s are more independent, determined and confident but can also be more excessive and materialistic.
Old 08-22-2021, 04:34 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Phoebe Buffay, Tyrion Lannister and the Joker? lol
Old 08-22-2021, 05:00 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Joker ! !!
That's made me feel better as my famous 4's included Amy Winehouse, Kurt Cobain and Sylvia Plath........I say no more.......
Old 08-22-2021, 05:51 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Amy Winehouse, Kurt Cobain AND Sylvia Plath?! Wow… now I’m wondering about you 4s 🧐😂

And my vice is “It’s okay, it’s only a small glass”!!! *falls over in disbelief*

Well, way down at the bottom under wings is something that sounds like me 7w6. And Phoebe was my favorite on the show. So… 🤷🏼‍♀️
Old 08-22-2021, 07:10 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

DriGuy and LHW, I used this link and it worked https://enneagram.bz/en
Old 08-22-2021, 11:40 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dustyfox View Post
Joker ! !!
That's made me feel better as my famous 4's included Amy Winehouse, Kurt Cobain and Sylvia Plath........I say no more.......
lol great. I got four too
Old 08-23-2021, 06:29 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Freedom - I suppose Prince Charles is a 4 also - but not sure if that makes me feel better or worse!
I suppose if we manage not to self destruct..... we are very creative .......