Notices

Good morning everyone

Old 08-08-2021, 04:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone

Just checking in and wanted to say good morning. I made it through yesterday without a drink and got a pretty good night's sleep. Was a little hard getting to sleep without booze aiding in knocking me out, but slept solid for the most part. Planned on getting up early and even set the coffee maker last night on a timer so I could wake up to that wonderful smell in the house.

When I cut out the alcohol, I'm always amazed how quickly I go back to being productive, making meals, cleaning the kitchen up after dinner, planning things for the next day - even if it is something as simple as getting coffee prepared. Many years ago, before I became a slave to the drink, I remember having the cleanest cars, the most organized home, being thoughtful and doing things for others on a regular basis, etc. I miss that person. I want that person back.

I've heard many times, do you ever wake up on a sober morning and wish you had drank the night before? NEVER!

Going to make a yummy breakfast for me and my son now. Hope everyone has a wonderful day. I'll be back on later I'm sure.
Old 08-08-2021, 06:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

And hello to you also AC82

Great job getting though yesterday without a drink. It takes strength to get started.

I love my morning coffee also and planning a new day.

When I cut out the alcohol, I'm always amazed how quickly I go back to being productive, making meals, cleaning the kitchen up after dinner, planning things for the next day - even if it is something as simple as getting coffee prepared. Many years ago, before I became a slave to the drink, I remember having the cleanest cars, the most organized home, being thoughtful and doing things for others on a regular basis, etc. I miss that person. I want that person back.
I am the same. Once I stopped drinking my home and myself became more organized and clean and a happier place to be in. Recently I have re painted and gardened and organized and it does bring such a nice feeling to be back to the living again.

Enjoy that yummy breakfast with your son and enjoy the sun and fresh air and beauty. You CAN get that person back!

Welcome.

Old 08-08-2021, 06:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi AC. It's great that you got a good sleep - wonderful to see you sounding so positive.
It's sad the way we let things slide when we go into our alcoholic fog. I took care of the basics, but that was it. It feels so good to have energy & motivation once again.
You're doing it!
Old 08-08-2021, 07:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

It took me a while for my sleep to settle into a pattern, but when it did, I got the best sleep of my life. And waking up sober is the best.
Old 08-08-2021, 07:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on your progress AC

D