Notices

66 Days, Checking In

Old 08-06-2021, 12:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

66 Days, Checking In

Greetings all,

I hope you are well. Today is 66 days w/o booze; the longest I've gone without it in maybe 10 years. I'm happy about this. I am seeing things, life, love, etc., more clearly, little by little, which is a good thing. I'm still having headaches some days worse than others, and the fatigue is really bad too. Sometimes, it hits like a ton of bricks, only after moderate activity, to the point where I have to sit or even lie down. I believe that my body will heal and my mind and heart as well. I know it's going to take long time, maybe a few years, but I already feel that my life without alcohol is better than with alcohol.

I know my sleep is not back to normal yet, but I am having very vivid dreams, not bad dreams, though some strange dreams. I don't remember dreaming much in the past 10 years. About a week ago, right at my 30 day mark, I had the most vivid dream that I got fed up and drank beer, wine, hard stuff, and threw up all over my house and garage and was a total wreck. When I woke up, I was feeling like I was hung over and instantly started screaming on the inside, "NO!!!" I laid there for maybe ten minutes and finally had to pee so badly that I had to move. I fully expected a mess, dried barf, empty cans and bottles, but nothing. The house was neat and clean. I even went outside and checked the trash and recycle cans, nothing there. It took me about a half hour to settle down and convince myself that it was indeed a dream -whew! I was so happy when I finally got things clear in my mind. I thought, "no drink'n for this boy!"

Thanks for all the support I've gotten here!!! Take care.
-Max
Old 08-06-2021, 01:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Those drinking dreams came several times a week for me when I quit and were scary for sure. Now they are once in a blue moon. However, I dream a lot more about all sorts of stuff now than I did when drinking.

Well done one on your sober time.
Old 08-06-2021, 02:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad it was just a dream Max - congrats on 66 days

D