Notices

Desperate for help!

Old 08-01-2021, 04:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Desperate for help!

I have been attend Celebrate Recovery program for awhile. My problem is I don't have a sponsor. I really need someone to help me respond to my son when he calls me yelling and cussing that the situation he is in is all my fault. I am not sure if he is using or not. He is 2 1/2 hours away from home. No care, no job and just recently homeless. This tough love thing is very hard. You want the best for your child. He will be having to appear in court in Georgia sometime this month for trouble he got in while using. I am still having boundaries issues. He has lied to much I don't know what is the truth. I have suggested that he go back to a sober living shelter or a shelter and he politely told me what I could do with that suggestion. He has options but he just doesn't want to pursue them. I just don't know how much of what he says is true. It would be nice when I feel I am in crisis mode that I would have someone to talk to.
Old 08-01-2021, 05:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome, Goocher,

You can always come here and express your concerns when things are hard. I'm very sorry for your situation.

I also wonder if you've considered Al-Anon in your city as a support for you?
Old 08-01-2021, 05:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. I'm sorry your son is so much trouble. You are right to establish boundaries for what you will and won't tolerate from him. I too would suggest finding support for yourself where you live. AlAnon (for loved ones of alcoholics) and NarAnon (for loved ones of drug addicts) might be very helpful for you.

We have 'friends and family' forums here for those impacted by their loved one's addiction. Give them a look for more support from people who have been where you are right now.
Old 08-01-2021, 06:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Goocher, I was desperate to quit 11 years ago, you can do it. SoberRecovery is a good place to find help, rootin for ya.
Old 08-01-2021, 07:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It is hard to hold boundaries but you are doing it.
Your son has options. Hopefully he gets smart enough to use them.

Keep on moving forward and know that you are doing what you need to do to take care of yourself.

The suggestion of the Al-Anon part of the forum is a good suggestion. Welcome to the family!
Old 08-01-2021, 07:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you've joined us Goocher - you'll find a lot of support here

D
Old 08-01-2021, 08:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I don't have any advice but I'm glad you're here! Just talking out your troubles will help, and we'll support you.