Notices

Day 11

Old 07-19-2021, 05:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 11

Hello everyone. Congratulations on your healthy living. I just want to say that I’m feeling so much better at this point. I did not have any withdraws as I cut back in the couple of weeks before quitting. I was having a huge problem with face bloat and some rosacea which runs in my family. The face bloat was alcohol related. I hated it. I would exercise and could not shake it, After a week, I was so Thankful that my face redness got a lot better and the face bloat is gone. The belly bloat is almost gone too. I’m working out, I feel unbelievable. I’m looking forward to seeing the improvements in health and appearance in The next 3 weeks to come and beyond. My question is what kind of improvements did everyone see in their experience? Thank you and have a great day!
Old 07-19-2021, 06:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Eyes are now white, bloated gut gone, energy is back, starting to put on some long lost muscle again.

That's just the physical improvements.
Old 07-19-2021, 06:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great job FloRida. Yes the results can be very significant in short order.

Come join us in the 180 Day challenge if you like. We began it on July 5. Trying for 6 months.. then beyond.
Old 07-19-2021, 06:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Like florider and fish killer...whiter eyes, redness of face and the bloat my balance has come back and the aches and pains that I had lived with started to disappear ...biggest improvement is the fog removed from between my ears...I can think straight and at speed too and a huge improvement in lust for life, I want to do everything yesterday.
Old 07-19-2021, 08:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I eat and sleep like a normal human being. That was a huge improvement for me. It took about a week for me to feel like that. I went from a five day bender of staying drunk and eating like trash to complete sobriety, so to say it was a shock to my system is an understatement. I am on day 13 and its amazing how quickly you feel better.
Old 07-19-2021, 09:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am exactly the same as you birddawg - one extreme to the other.

Biggest things I am noticing so far is my stomach settling down and I can eat a wider range of food, anxiety is slowly getting better and my skin is better.

Sleep! Oh the sleep is great!
Old 07-19-2021, 10:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gabe1980 View Post
I am exactly the same as you birddawg - one extreme to the other.
There is no way that is good for our bodies or minds.
Old 07-23-2021, 10:39 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you for all your replies. Im already feeling great at the beginning of my third week of this new healthy life. I’ve allowed myself to eat more than I should this week. A lot better than 1000 or more poison calories per day so times in the past. Now I’m extremely looking forward to the 30 day mark in a couple of weeks! I did have 1 day there were I was a little stressed. I just powered through it and woke up feeling fine.
Old 07-23-2021, 10:48 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Since I am still suffering from PAWS at 7 months sober I cannot say that I feel better. My brain and body are healing ever so slowly after 40 years of drinking. I still have insomnia, dizziness, tremor, derealization and anhedonia. The anxiety is better. I have lost 30 pounds which is great. I am patiently and sometimes impatiently waiting to feel better.
Old 07-23-2021, 11:46 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Looking good Flo!

Can't wait for your 30 Day post!

Hang in there CBS. It really does get better. Some of us quicker than others unfortunately for the latter.
Old 07-23-2021, 12:17 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FloRida2017 View Post
My question is what kind of improvements did everyone see in their experience? Thank you and have a great day!
I felt better physically, but the big thing for me was a psychological difference. I was so happy to be out of the addiction cycle. It has been a never ending joyful experience. I hate describing it that way (Joyful experience), because it sounds so goody-goody. But it is what it is, and that's just the best way I have to explain it. The thing I hated most about my alcoholism, was my life was being run by alcohol. Now I run my life. How can that be joyful? Well, when you get out of Hell, there is great reason to rejoice.
Old 07-23-2021, 01:22 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

good job on 11 days. Everything gets better.
Old 07-23-2021, 01:25 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CBS62 View Post
Since I am still suffering from PAWS at 7 months sober I cannot say that I feel better. My brain and body are healing ever so slowly after 40 years of drinking. I still have insomnia, dizziness, tremor, derealization and anhedonia. The anxiety is better. I have lost 30 pounds which is great. I am patiently and sometimes impatiently waiting to feel better.
Damn, I gained 50 the first year but lost 35 the next year. Not at all easily though. I love to eat now, plus with getting older I cant keep the weight off like I used to. Double whammy. Still beats drinking everyday by far.