Notices

A New Direction - Weekenders 16-19 July 2021

Old 07-16-2021, 07:25 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

~ Where the Mind goes the Body will follow ~

While I was as sucked in physiologically as the next Addict, I also knew my steadfast way out was in following the Axiom above. Otherwise, I'd never make - and sustain - the break to fundamentally change. Forever.

A former Work Pal of mine working solo at a remote Office back then made a point to contact me this Week to swap stories on his 29 Years Sober. Our mutual, super-nice Boss at the time told him 'Rehab or Resignation'. There's no interest or attraction in returning to 'those times' anymore than there is in repeating my High School Days. 'Nothing exceeds like excess', as I like to say. No FOMO here. I didn't really tell anyone about my need/decision to quit. I'm a firm believer in letting changed Behavior do the talking. Walk the walk. After I read here about some of the Baggage that goes with trying to apologize - like, some Folks rejecting such heartfelt attempts - I decided to skip all that.

Another toasty Day on tap here in smoky Skies, so we just roll with it. MesaPup included. Here's a germane Song from Yola.

Thanks, Mags...

'Stand For Myself' ~ Yola

Old 07-16-2021, 07:43 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

He's so beautiful!
Old 07-16-2021, 08:03 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Lovely picture of MesaPup!
Old 07-16-2021, 08:22 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

MeasMan, MesaPup is a truly beautiful creature. I didn’t tell anyone for a while when I decided to get sober, either. When, eventually, I did tell people, an in-law relative laughed and said I wouldn’t be able to make it last. When I returned home, I put a 3M note on the frig which read “Oh yeah; watch me”.
Old 07-16-2021, 08:23 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

MeasMan, MesaPup is a truly beautiful creature. I didn’t tell anyone for a while when I decided to get sober, either. When, eventually, I did tell people, an in-law relative laughed and said I wouldn’t be able to make it last. When I returned home, I put a 3M note on the frig which read “Oh yeah; watch me”.
Old 07-16-2021, 08:23 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Old 07-16-2021, 08:25 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Old 07-16-2021, 08:26 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Old 07-16-2021, 08:29 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Old 07-16-2021, 08:35 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Oh my goodness; very sorry for the multiple, duplicative posts. I kept getting “lost contact with server” messages. I’ll be quiet now.

Love.
Old 07-16-2021, 08:58 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Oh gosh, don't worry about it love.
Old 07-16-2021, 09:18 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Leigh, that happened to me the other day. Something posted 3 times. Don't worry. It happens to all of us sooner or later. It kept telling me it hadn't posted or something. Love you Leigh. 💖 LOL! We were all laughing about it.
I had a great night's sleep but slept in later than I wanted. My ablation went well, but it makes my head sore for a couple of days. He really rams the needles in, but I did not wake with a headache today. Yay! I'll take the soreness over a migraine any day.
Love and peace to all of you. Thank you all for being here. ☮🧡💛💚💙💜💗💥💢💦
Old 07-16-2021, 09:21 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Congratulations on the second jab Willow!

Originally Posted by CBS62 View Post
Saturday will be my 7 months sober. date. I am still suffering from lots of PAWS symptoms. Some come and go. Some are gone and some symptoms are terribly persistent. But overall things have improved.

I never knew Herons ate baby ducks. I thought they just ate fish and maybe frogs.

Congratulations on 7 months! I might be worth a trip to your doc about those continuing symptoms, I thought PAWS only lasted a month tops (perhaps I am misremembering)

I'm sure you're right about Herons not eating ducks. I think it is more a case of the ducks feeling a bit bullied. These were the all female ducks (Mallards?) that were occupying the bit of the pond the moments before the Heron landed. As you can see from their wakes they are all swimming away furiously. I guess they would have flown if they were really scared.

If you ask me that MesaPup has got a definite guilty look in his eyes and is hoping he's not been found out yet.

Home time here. Gorgeous day.

Attached Images
Old 07-16-2021, 11:25 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Magsie

Kaily hope Alfie is feeling better…was it the heat? did you stray into a lost world to see dinosaur.

Free, only my husband and close friend knew I’d stopped drinking when I first stopped.

MesaMan another gorgeous pic of MesaPup. He’s growing up fast

Old 07-16-2021, 12:32 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Alfie has had an upset tummy for a few days and today it got a bit worse. Really I should not feed him for 24 hours, but that is easier said than done! He still wants to play and go out so hopefully it will quickly pass. If not we will visit the vet next week.

The dinosaurs, which are robotic, are for a Jurassic Encounter tour that is starting next week. They are in London now and will also be going to Cardiff, Birmingham and Glasgow - busy dinosaurs. I got a sneak preview as they were setting up.

Old 07-16-2021, 01:42 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Congratulations on the second jab Willow!

Congratulations on 7 months! I might be worth a trip to your doc about those continuing symptoms, I thought PAWS only lasted a month tops (perhaps I am misremembering)

I'm sure you're right about Herons not eating ducks. I think it is more a case of the ducks feeling a bit bullied. These were the all female ducks (Mallards?) that were occupying the bit of the pond the moments before the Heron landed. As you can see from their wakes they are all swimming away furiously. I guess they would have flown if they were really scared.

If you ask me that MesaPup has got a definite guilty look in his eyes and is hoping he's not been found out yet.

Home time here. Gorgeous day.

Hi Saoutchik,

According to those in the PAWS thread where I post and have read everything that has been posted in the past several years, PAWS can last up to 2 years or more for some people. I am one of the unlucky ones. I have been to more doctors than I can count and had brain scans, brain MRIs and lots of other tests. They can't find anything "wrong". My neurologist said that my central nervous system is recalibrating and it will take up to a year. The medical establishment doesn't really recognize PAWS because it is not a "diagnosable condition" but the recovery community and some therapists and neuros do recognize it.
Old 07-16-2021, 01:55 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

So glad you woke up headache-free today, Aly.

CBS, sorry to hear that you are still bothered by PAWS; it will pass and it will have been worth it. In the meantime, here for you.

Kaily, Jurassic Encounter looks cool.

Sao, Suze, MLD, Mags, Robbie
Old 07-16-2021, 02:11 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

CBS, PAWS is very real. I didn't have it with alcohol, but I had it for 3 years + with something else I was struggling to get off of. It is no fun either. I have gone through the hell that is PAWS and CBS, I so feel for you, esp given how some medical professionals feel about it.
Take good care. Someday it will go. Love and peace to you, dear one.
Thank you Mags. Yes, I've been pretty much headache free all day, except kind of nauseated. If it's not one thing it's another! I told my mom I'd make her dinner tonight and I don't feel like it. I think what ever my doctor injected in my head yesterday, made me feel kind of sick. Hopefully it will pass soon.
Thank you for asking, my dear Mags. It's kind of a tough road I'm on right now, between my head and my back, etc. Not having a lot of fun these days. My neurologist is so kind. I could tell he felt so badly when I was telling him about my back problems, etc. I've never had a neurologist who is so kind and wonderful. Most of the ones I've been to since high school, have been horrible, almost sadistic. So I'm very grateful for him. He has a great sense of humor too. A lot of times we laugh a lot over my 31 head shots. I have to, or I'd probably start crying. My Gallows Humor comes in handy sometimes!
Love and peace to all of you. ☮🧡💛💚💙💜💗💢💥💦
Thank you, Leigh.
Old 07-16-2021, 03:23 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Free, I don’t generally tell people too much detail about my quitting drinking. I mostly say something along the lines of I feel so much better when I don’t drink, or it makes me feel unwell, I hate hangovers and I have a tendency to drink too much, so it’s better for me to just not drink at all.

Leigh, my partner said something similar when I told him I was quitting drinking altogether. He said “yeah yeah, till next time”…. Not particularly supportive I guess, but it’s my journey I suppose, not his. He drinks moderately. Thank goodness I have you guys for support

And by the way, I just hit 2 months sober. It’s been an on again/off again journey, with quite a lot of stumbling along the way, but I’m happy to be where I am this time around.
Old 07-16-2021, 03:23 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Sorry your PAWS is so drawn out CBS62, thinking about it I did have intermittent brain fog for the first year which I guess would fall under the PAWS remit and I guess that would not be easily diagnosable either. The upside to your central nervous system issue would be that what your neurologist calls 'recalibrating' might well mean something along the lines of reverting to normal. That is how it would come across to me as a totally unqualified non medic. Fingers crossed things improve soon CBS.

Same to you too Aly, 31 head shots, you deserve a break.

I wouldn't normally post a photo of a pub in a recovery site but I walked past this one - the George and Vulture - yesterday and it is quite interesting. It is the a meeting point for many a hipster these days but until the early 1980s was a notorious villains pub. Back in the late 50s and early 1960s it was run by some well known criminals called the Kray twins (my fellow Brits will be familiar with their notoriety) More prosaicly it was Britain's tallest pub for many decades (I could onlyget it all in my pic by standing across the road!)

Attached Images