Notices

Two months sober

Old 07-06-2021, 07:50 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Great job on two months man.

Do not fear cardio - it's most of what I do now at age 66, but I do not fear it and still can get the HR up to around 172 when on the mountain bike. Riding here in the desert heat or when I'm in the tropics on the road bike it can be at 140 or more for a couple hours sometimes, if I am really cruising. Resting HR is 50-58. I was a runner for years, still wish I could but knees are touchy.

If I didn't have cardio I would have been dead from clogged arteries decades ago, due to my propensity for eating out, which I have only recently started to improve in the past 5 or so years with more home cooking. It is also exceptionally beneficial to brain health and reducing anxiety, and probably kept me from heavier drinking when I was younger.

My only suggestion is to start slowly. Add it into your routine 2x a week and build up to longer time and distance. I personally need to add more weights into my routine, so let's swap a little, haha.

Keep up the great work Primativo, you are starting to really experience the benefits of sobriety and it only gets better from here.
Old 07-06-2021, 07:54 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Samantha

I can't remember if I commented on this yet, but 2 months is amazing. Good job
Old 07-06-2021, 07:57 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 2 months 🎉