Notices

Sober Independence Weekenders 02 - 05July 2021

Old 07-02-2021, 03:13 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

(((LHW))). Praying all goes as well as possible.
Old 07-02-2021, 04:51 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

LHW sending prayers and positive vibes and love and healing your way ❤️
I hope everything turns out ok ❤️
Old 07-02-2021, 10:01 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

It is raining this morning. I hope your allergies are better today, Mags and Robbie.

Sao, the football tonight will be a difficult watch. I might watch the second half, but only if we are winning.

I am stressing about my neighbours. I hate bad feeling, but they have been so nasty and passively bullying, not to mention the noise that I don't see how things can ever be fixed. I am like a rabbit in headlights every time I see them - theoretically. I have had nightmares about them the last four nights.

One for the cat lovers.

Old 07-02-2021, 10:38 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Weekenders

Kaily, I’ve been wondering how the neighbours were behaving. Keep a log of their comments of bullying and the like. The weather today is showers and thunderstorms on and off all weekend. I hope that dampens their shenanigans. That isn’t the answer though and hopefully there will be a solution soon.

Aly, Leigh thank you and Ditto as always

Robbie, I double up on my antihistamine (as instructed by doc) when the pollen is high. We’ve got a few days more of it yet. Take care.

Saou, enjoy the match later
Old 07-02-2021, 10:40 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Magsie

I like the cat cartoon by the way
Old 07-03-2021, 12:48 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

I love the cat cartoon Kaily
I’m sorry your horrible neighbours are still being horrible.

Hi Mags I hope yours and Robbies’s allergies settle down soon.
The AV has been harassing me yesterday and today but I’m trying to keep it away. It’s a persistent little ogre isn’t it! I wish it would shrivel up and die.
Old 07-03-2021, 01:14 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Thanks

Hi. This is actually my second weekend but somehow harder than the first The euphoria is wearing off and I am having mood swings. So I will be with you this weekend. Especially with football on and everyone around me drinking and feeling merry (while we are still in of course, then it will be drinking for consolation). Thanks
Old 07-03-2021, 01:24 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Rixo good to see you shout out if you are struggling.
Old 07-03-2021, 01:25 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Magsie

Willow, any idea what started the av off.
Old 07-03-2021, 01:26 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Welcome Rixo. Well done on getting to your second weekend, yes it is tough. BUT remember, no matter what, don't drink and in time it will get easier.

Stay around, read and post lots.

Willow give your AV a kick up the butt.
Old 07-03-2021, 02:26 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Yeah Mags, a moody resident teen topped off with a houseful of teenagers for a sleepover, hardly any sleep for me, a good dose of resentment and a whole lot of tiredness thrown in. Plus my partner being away at work today, and me left to clean up the aftermath, in the vicinity of the wine rack in the lounge room, after the moody teen and friends flounced out. I didn’t have any children of my own, so having a teenager is challenging to say the least. I’m mostly tired and grumpy, so the AV thought it would try it on…

Kaily I’m doing my best to boot the AV out the door. I succumbed to chocolate to assist my efforts. Not my finest hour, but at least I’m still sober.
Old 07-03-2021, 02:41 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Oh, teenagers. Chocolate is forgivable and understandable. NO WINE!
Old 07-03-2021, 03:01 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

I’m eating more chocolate as we speak actually…. And then I’m going to bed. It’s 8pm here, Sat night. Bed is the best place to be for me right now. Hopefully I’ll catch up on sleep tonight and the AV will slink off in disgrace….
Goodnight everyone
Old 07-03-2021, 05:08 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

If you don't drink, you've done it right. Like someone said (probably Dee) - it doesn't have to be graceful.

Anyone with a step-teen definitely deserves an early night in bed. I think my mother would have moved out if she could have. So much drama.

Nothing like sober Saturday morning at 5AM. Yesterday was a stressful day - too long to describe. Today has to be better! I'm not drinking at it!
Old 07-03-2021, 06:34 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Good Morning everyone. Thanks for all the positive thoughts and good vibes. I got all squared away at the doctors yesterday and am regaining my hearing. I was a wreck to put it mildly.

Today is our last day of vacation. Looking forward to getting home tomorrow afternoon. Nice to go away, but nice to get back home.

Everyone have a great day!
Old 07-03-2021, 06:41 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I hope your neighbours behave themselves Kaily, you shouldn't have to feel this way.

Welcome Rixo!

A little over 5 hours to kick-off. I have just felt the first twinge of tension.
Old 07-03-2021, 06:51 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Thanks for letting us know you're on the mend, LHW. That's really good!
Old 07-03-2021, 07:29 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Afternoon Weekenders.

Good to see you MidnightBlue and thanks for checking in. Being sober I feel generally content, but I guess for some of us the pursuit of true happiness (or at least what we imagine that to be) can last a lifetime.

Welcome Phil and CountryStix.

Rixo, once I started to build a bit of solid sober time and began experiencing (and discovering, often to my surprise) all the benefits it offered, I developed what I can best describe as pride in being sober. I think I did that (albeit not consciously) by thinking about and trying to appreciate those benefits every day. This pride or awareness that my sobriety is precious and never to be squandered is often the “tool” that knocks the AV down and keeps making it weaker. I must add that I don’t have years of uninterrupted sobriety, but being here on SR has helped to make each attempt stronger and longer, so I know I will get there.

At the risk of upsetting any Weekenders from Ukraine, I wish England the best of luck for tonight’s semifinal.

Kaily, as to only watching the second half if by then England are in the lead, keep in mind that many matches have been won in the dying minutes.
Old 07-03-2021, 10:13 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post

A little over 5 hours to kick-off. I have just felt the first twinge of tension.
Do you have snacks, Sao? Mini After Eights maybe..

Thanks, Captain. I tried to watch the England v Germany game but found it really uncomfortable. I think it is because football fever is sweeping the country that somehow I have become invested.

All quiet and peaceful here today.
Old 07-03-2021, 10:22 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, weekenders.

I decided to take an extra day off from the gym and enjoy a totally lazy day. Usually I start my workout split on Saturdays. A week ago my blood work showed very low iron level, so I use it as a legit excuse to ease off from time to time.

LHW - What a scare. I hope the doctor will find what caused it, and you will recover soon.

Today I was planning on indulging in catching up with Sr posts. And, as Murphys law has it, my laptop died. The thing is 10 years old and I relaxed hard drive twice, so I can't blame it for not working long enough. But it it stinks.

So, since I am terrified at the idea of reading thousands of reviews and doing research, here's my SOS call to tech savvy Sr fellows. Can you recommend some good laptop? I don't need a top notch device to play video games, but some fast one which can handle my habit of opening 20 browser windows simultaneously)

Perks of sobriety - I have emergency fund to cover this!

Sao - has England made it to the finals?

Vinny - how is it going?

See you, weekenders)
​​​​​