Notices

You’re Not Drinking?

Old 06-26-2021, 11:30 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Not that this is directly in answer to the question - but since I stopped drinking - I am really noticing how most people actually drink very little. I’m not referring to those of us with a bar stool that has our name on it - but the regular civilians.

My usual night out would have started with a couple of liveners at home, possibly a roadie on the way and staying drink for drink with the fastest imbiber in the group. By the time it’s time to leave - I’d probably still be good for a nightcap at home.

Off booze - I see reality and actuality. Most people are good for 2-3 drinks. Even the “big” drinkers are chasing water at double the volume of alcoholic drinks.

I’m well aware that my circle of friends has shifted a little. I’m not gravitating to the heavy boozers in the way that I used to - but even so - it’s easy to see how habits are changing.

Bottom line - in many cases it feels quite easy for me to just decline and move on. I don’t know if it’s COVID or the general focus on health.

Old 07-04-2021, 06:46 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

This is great
Old 07-05-2021, 10:11 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

"No, I don't like how it makes me feel" is the truth.
Fake excitement and brain chemical saturation don't interest me anymore.
Old 07-05-2021, 02:29 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

When I first quit drinking I was obsessed with the idea that people would quiz me about why I wasn't drinking. I'd come up with elaborate scenarios to trick people into thinking I was drinking, like asking for apple juice in a wine glass at a bar. Joke's on me because no one ever noticed or asked.