Notices

Went to pub yesterday!

Old 06-26-2021, 09:08 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hodd View Post
Interesting. I’d imagine brewpubs attract a classier clientele? But you can surely still see how much money they’re spending.

Well done on two months 👍
Thanks Hodd. Yeah it's almost more like a family atmosphere. Especially in the day time. Most of the customers, even if they get a little drunk, are extremely well behaved and having to cut someone off is a rare. It's even more rare to need to throw someone out though I have had to a few times over the years.

But yeah the money people spend on alcohol is insane. I am glad I am free of that. Most days I started drinking at work when the shift was over. I got a free "shift" beer and 25% percent discount off of the rest and I was still spending way too much.
Old 06-26-2021, 11:43 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Yikes! That must be quite a temptation, especially now it’s summer time. What’s the after work plan to avoid having a pint?

Not sure I could’ve quit surrounded by so much beer in the early days!
Old 06-27-2021, 09:08 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hodd View Post
Yikes! That must be quite a temptation, especially now it’s summer time. What’s the after work plan to avoid having a pint?

Not sure I could’ve quit surrounded by so much beer in the early days!
Usually it is just to leave right after I get off of work. Sometimes if some (real) friends happen to be in, which is not uncommon because I live in a really small mountain town, I will hang out with them for awhile. But, for me now, drinking alcohol came to a point where it didn't even make me feel that much better anymore while the hangovers got worse and worse. This point of diminishing relief combined with the increasing harm has finally led me to really not want to have it anymore. When I have that occasional craving all I have to do is think about that.

I hope this mindset stays with me. I am far too new at this recent attempt at staying sober to let my guard down. I am aware that all it takes is one weak moment and the vicious cycle will start again.