Notices

19 Days

Old 06-19-2021, 11:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

19 Days

Greetings all, my friends I think is more appropriate. I am on day 19 without alcohol. I wanted to check in and let everyone know that I am still hanging in there. The headaches are really bad, all day, pretty much, ibuprofen helps, but too much is not good for my system with my sick liver; it thins the blood too much and I already bruise very easily. I am hydrating like mad, I drink nearly a barrel of this, it's my favorite: LA CROIX, PAMPLEMOUSSE mineral water. It satisfies my oral fixation, LoL, I suppose. I think it satisfies my desire for the bubbles in beer that I'm so used to, although I have been told that I am a cunning linguist. (Sorry, I'm terrible.) Some relief in that department is long overdue. I wonder if others who had extremely strong libidos experienced it wane over time with the abuse of alcohol. Sorry for that sideline. I miss the old me so much, but we can never go back, only forward.

Speaking of Forwards, wow! 900 days! Congrats!

There were two forum members here who wanted to form a pact with me. One was JADIII and I'm so sorry, but I was so mentally out of it when I joined this forum, I'm not sure who else it was who coincidentally quit on May 31. Let's private message and keep this pact going, shall we?

Thanks again for all the support, I have spoken with my counselor several times about this forum and he is "glad that I have it." He hopes that it will help me and help me keep accountable.

Thanks again,
Max

Last edited by Dee74; 06-19-2021 at 10:47 PM. Reason: no commercial links please
Old 06-19-2021, 12:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 19 days MaxVano. It's still early days so things like headaches are sadly common even 19 days into sobriety. If they become a concern then obviously consider getting checked out by a doctor or a nurse.

I would have dreadul anxiety for at least 3 weeks and this would cause stress-related headaches. How much water do you drink each day? It may sound bizarre, but sometimes it is possible to drink too much water. Again, sometimes I would do this and this would cause headaches though not to the extent that they would be bad all day.

Good luck, and keep on keeping sober!
Old 06-19-2021, 01:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on 19 days sober! If the headaches get worse, see your doctor.
Old 06-19-2021, 08:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Max 19 days is awesome. Keep sticking with it. I was a binge drinker about 4 times a week and two weeks in I was getting some pretty bad daily headaches. Tomorrow is my 30 days and I had another one today that would come back soon as meds wore off but overall they have gotten better. I wonder what it is about quitting drinking that causes them, I never usually got headaches. It will get better in time so just keep with it you are doing great!
Old 06-19-2021, 09:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm pretty sure it was rar.

Congrats on 19 days.

D
Old 06-19-2021, 10:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Max,

Congratulations on 19 days, so good to see you keeping at this. Just a thought I had when I read your post is I drink a lot of water, and also sparkling flavored mineral water, replaces the beer bubbles for me also, but muscle cramps and such were bothering me lately. So, I drank a couple electrolyte drinks this week, they improve your heart, brain, muscle, and nervous system function if our bodies are depleted. It's not for all the time, just I found for me with detoxing this past 9 days it certainly helped refuel my system back up. Do an internet search and try a bottle or two, it wouldn't hurt to try, there are all kinds out there.

Old 06-20-2021, 03:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Awesome Max!

Keep on keeping on!
It only gets better
Old 06-20-2021, 07:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Great job MaxVano. It will get better and better!

Do not get complacent at one month as many do..
Old 06-20-2021, 08:51 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Your first month is coming up! Great job!
Old 06-20-2021, 12:35 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TheHook210 View Post
Max 19 days is awesome. Keep sticking with it. I was a binge drinker about 4 times a week and two weeks in I was getting some pretty bad daily headaches. Tomorrow is my 30 days and I had another one today that would come back soon as meds wore off but overall they have gotten better. I wonder what it is about quitting drinking that causes them, I never usually got headaches. It will get better in time so just keep with it you are doing great!
When you say the "meds" wore off... what were you taking? -something over the counter?

THANKS to everyone! Day 20 for me. I never counted the days like this, not sure if it's good for me to do so, but I'm still sober.
Old 06-20-2021, 03:19 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hey Max…yeah it ain’t easy but you gotta hang in there and take this all the way… The longer you keep sober, the easier it will get.

Old 06-20-2021, 05:37 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MaxVano View Post
When you say the "meds" wore off... what were you taking? -something over the counter?

THANKS to everyone! Day 20 for me. I never counted the days like this, not sure if it's good for me to do so, but I'm still sober.
At the moment, just do whatever works and this seems to be working. It does get easier and even more so when you really see the positive physical and mental improvements starting to really add up and dial in. That part is great!
Old 06-20-2021, 05:56 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

20 days - Max that's fantastic. So happy for you - and it will keep getting better.