Notices

The load is heavy but I'm getting stronger

Old 06-16-2021, 03:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The load is heavy but I'm getting stronger

Today I work on day 398. Like the title says the load is heavy but I'm getting stronger. And these reason is I am sober today. I do the best I can today when tomorrow comes I'll try to do better. As long as I stay sober and step in the right direction I will keep moving forward. To others that feel the load as heavy keep doing the best you can. The problems may not go away and everything won't be perfect but just do the best you can day by day. And you will get stronger.
Old 06-16-2021, 03:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stickyone;[url=tel:7651284
7651284[/url]]Today I work on day 398. Like the title says the load is heavy but I'm getting stronger. And these reason is I am sober today. I do the best I can today when tomorrow comes I'll try to do better. As long as I stay sober and step in the right direction I will keep moving forward. To others that feel the load as heavy keep doing the best you can. The problems may not go away and everything won't be perfect but just do the best you can day by day. And you will get stronger.
I hear ya on that sticky 😌 Glad to hear you’re getting there…I can’t wait to hit my ONE-YEAR mark…I can imagine how hard you’ve worked to get where you are today…Congrats on still moving forward in your journey.

Thanks for posting.
Old 06-16-2021, 04:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope your load lightens a little SO - congrats on 398 days

D
Old 06-16-2021, 04:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yeah, just do the best you can, StickyOne, and I hope things improve a bit for you.

Congratulations on Day 398.
Old 06-16-2021, 05:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on 398 days!
Old 06-16-2021, 05:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Way to go Sticky!! stay positive
Old 06-16-2021, 06:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

YES! Do the best you can everyday. Do not be defeated!
Thank you for sharing and congrats! You have come a long way. I am very happy for you, SO!
Old 06-16-2021, 09:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone for the support. It was a rough day today. But I made it through. I'll end the day with even though everything felt like it was against me. I stayed strong I am grateful that I am healthy and alive and sober. I look at these days as my hardest mental training day.
Old 06-16-2021, 10:59 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Just keep focusing on the one next thing you need to do, I find that helps when I am stressed or overwhelmed.
Old 06-17-2021, 12:14 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Congrats on 398 days StickyOne.

"The load is heavy but you are getting stronger", speaks volumes for your future.

Keep moving forward in same manner and you can't go wrong.

Old 06-17-2021, 03:10 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 398 days Sticky. Excellent post too.
Old 06-17-2021, 10:25 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thank you all,

Day 399 today was many obstacles to overcome but still here staying strong. My mind was all over with emotions I ended the day of work angry my blood was on fire. Got home took care of family commitment and the self care. Put my anger into the weights. I feel that rush everything disappears I feel the pain but I love it. I bite down hard and keep pushing forward. I know others in recovery feel it like I do even maybe worse . Bite down and let's get through it.
Old 06-17-2021, 10:38 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Magsie

stickyone, congratulations on 399 days. Good posts.
Old 06-18-2021, 06:46 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Couldn't agree more. Thank you for the message and congrats on your sober time.
Old 06-19-2021, 05:43 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stickyone View Post
Thank you all,
Day 399 today was many obstacles to overcome but still here staying strong.
It may be semantics or just how you describe your own experience, but I did NOT really feel stronger when I got sober. When the cravings left me, developing more strength was no longer the issue. I didn't need strength. I did need to call upon my "smarts," however (sometimes people equate strength with smarts). Now, those first few days of battling intense cravings did seem like I had to summon all the mental "strength" I had, and I swore I would would never drink again just so I wouldn't have to go through that part again. I have no problem with being stronger, but I think I prefer handling a lighter load like I do now.
Old 06-19-2021, 02:33 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DriGuy View Post
It may be semantics or just how you describe your own experience, but I did NOT really feel stronger when I got sober. When the cravings left me, developing more strength was no longer the issue. I didn't need strength. I did need to call upon my "smarts," however (sometimes people equate strength with smarts). Now, those first few days of battling intense cravings did seem like I had to summon all the mental "strength" I had, and I swore I would would never drink again just so I wouldn't have to go through that part again. I have no problem with being stronger, but I think I prefer handling a lighter load like I do now.
Nice post. I do take time to lighten the load by maybe canceling a few things of my agendas for some much needed self care. Saying no and putting myself first is where I've seen my most strength and where I am getting much stronger. Strength for me is not pushing through everything but there is times where if you sit and wait to be motivated you could be waiting along time.