Notices

Waking up to a SOBER WEEKEND - WEEKENDERS 11-14 June 2021

Old 06-13-2021, 02:21 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

I need to read back and find out your whole situation there....if you are all renters, yeah, I hear you.
I was in the same boat in Australia where I lived.

We are hanging out with you till they leave. ❤️
Old 06-13-2021, 02:34 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Yes we are tenants.

Now they have disco lights flashing round the garden. Utter disrespect in a quiet cul de sac. I expect I have said before I am their only neighbour. If they had someone the other side of them we could join forces in complaining but there isn't.

I have a feeling they are trying to push me out, they are overcrowded and having a baby. Maybe they think they will get my house if it becomes available.
Old 06-13-2021, 02:35 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Gosh they are selfish and awful. I am so sorry. s
Old 06-13-2021, 02:55 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Kaily, have they suddenly started being like this or is it something that has been gradually getting worse?
Old 06-13-2021, 02:56 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

I am going to bed, they are quiet.

Night all and thank you.
Old 06-13-2021, 02:56 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Oh good
Nite Kaily s ❤️
Old 06-13-2021, 03:01 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Robbie64 View Post
Kaily, have they suddenly started being like this or is it something that has been gradually getting worse?
They were fine till the daughter got married to a selfish arrogant thug a few years ago ...
Old 06-13-2021, 03:20 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Hope you have a good nights rest Kaily, and phone to see your GP in the morning. Let us know how you are tomorrow.
Old 06-13-2021, 03:21 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kaily View Post
They were fine till the daughter got married to a selfish arrogant thug a few years ago ...
Hopefully the recent back garden parties etc are just a short term thing, maybe connected with the lifting of restrictions, the nice weather etc. Hopefully they'll get bored with it all pretty soon and it will all just come to an end.

I don't know what it is with people burning things in their back gardens but that's happened a handful of times around the estate where I live in the past few weeks. It's very antisocial.

You don't have to live with neighbours deliberately being antisocial. Perhaps you could keep a log of any antisocial behaviour? If you both share the same landlord (I'm think council or housing association) could you have a quiet word with your housing manager? Perhaps to get some "off the record" advice? Obviously if you have different landlords or if your landlord is private then this may not be an option.

It's easy for me to say this, but please try not to let their inconsiderate behaviour upset you. Your blood pressure reading of 162/152 is incredibly high. Look after yourself and take care.
Old 06-13-2021, 03:24 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Kaily, thinking of you and sending good vibes and prayers. It sounds just terrible for you. Try and have a nice rest tonight.
Old 06-13-2021, 05:56 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  
OX

Hope you find some peace kaily.
My AV would create suicidal thoughts and self harm thoughts only to bargain down to drinking. Be cautious and take care of yourself. ❤️

have been fighting some drinking thoughts lately as my work contract is ending and the av wants to celebrate. The devil isn’t craving one drink or a normal night but gang buster all out blitz with the lie that “you can go back to sobriety the following day.”

life has been a bit of a challenge. Sustained an injury recently that has created lasting pain. Get an mri soon to see what’s going on. Over 2.5 months since my injury. Sober now about 100 days and this time the wife is on board and she has even talked me off the ledge this time. Bravo. She wants to lose weight and thinks she’ll return to wine. I’m holding on for dear life.

bim one of my favorite life experiences has been kayaking with orcas off Friday Harbor.

Went swimming today in a pool and did some laps for the first time years. I like swimming but had moved on to bikes and hikes. With my new knee sprain I had to look elsewhere for activity. Swimming is hard lol
Old 06-13-2021, 06:31 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  
Administrator

I get being scared to complain officially Kaily....but that BP is pretty scary too...
I hope you can find a solution.

D
Old 06-13-2021, 08:52 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  

I got a few hours sleep thanks. BP is still high but not ridiculously high. I can't feel my heart banging in my chest now like I could yesterday. All stress related I guess.

Yes housing assoc Robbie. I am hoping to hear from them today with regards to the fence. But I kinda feel too exhausted and browbeaten to go ahead with it anymore. Even if I get permission, neighbours are going to be resentful. A no win situation.
Old 06-13-2021, 09:03 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Weekenders

Kaily love, it’s a terrible situation you’re in and sounds like the ‘thug’ son in law is at the core of it all. (One bad apple and all that) firstly your health is important, seeing the doc about your bp.
Can you have a word with the housing association lady when she rings about the fire burner they had lit so close to your home. Even offer to send her the photo you showed us.
Old 06-13-2021, 09:12 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  
Magsie

Big shoe, as we know the av always wants to celebrate or commiserate. Glad you worked through it.
And congratulations on 100 days . Hope the doctors can help with your pain.
Old 06-13-2021, 09:16 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BigShoe View Post
Hope you find some peace kaily.
My AV would create suicidal thoughts and self harm thoughts only to bargain down to drinking. Be cautious and take care of yourself. ❤️
It is a terrifying relentless thought process isn't it? So sorry you are struggling too.

Mags if they get a call about the fire pit they will know I instigated it. Plus, unfortunately fire pits are perfectly legal. Most people only use them respectfully or when they are cold! The fact that they have they will probably be out there all winter too.
Old 06-13-2021, 09:43 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  
Magsie

The fire pit seems incredibly close to your home, I’m sure there’s laws (and good old common sense) about it though. Seemed crazy in yesterday’s weather too
Old 06-14-2021, 04:27 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Kaily, I've been very hesitant to give advice, but you need to bring in some sort of local authority, honey. They will know you made the call, yes, but your going to have to move passed that part of it. A thug SIL, a pattern of bullying, a very possible fire hazard, encroachment into your private yard. I can't tell you how many times people have called a local authority on me when I was just doing my job that I was brought in to do that was actually providing a huge benefit to the people who called, so I think it would be ok for you to make the call.
Old 06-14-2021, 04:58 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Didn’t get to read or post much this weekend because it was just such a BUSY weekend which is always great. Kaily, I’m send good thoughts your way. I know you can get through this and also agree about contacting my authorities.

So I did a thing and bought a motorcycle Saturday. My husband has ridden for many years and I’ve always wanted to join but was always too riddled with anxiety, drunk or hungover. It’s amazing how much my general anxiety has improved in just over three weeks. I feel like a different person. So I’ve been practicing riding and also got to enjoy the Zoo with my niece, nephew and very best friend. Over all a great weekend. Drinking thoughts fade more and more all the time. Hope everyone else is doing amazing and keeping sober. So worth it!
Old 06-14-2021, 05:04 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cityboy View Post
Kaily, I've been very hesitant to give advice, but you need to bring in some sort of local authority, honey. They will know you made the call, yes, but your going to have to move passed that part of it. A thug SIL, a pattern of bullying, a very possible fire hazard, encroachment into your private yard. I can't tell you how many times people have called a local authority on me when I was just doing my job that I was brought in to do that was actually providing a huge benefit to the people who called, so I think it would be ok for you to make the call.
I really agree with CB dear Kaily. s ❤️