Notices

Day 385

Old 06-03-2021, 11:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 385

Still feeling this nasty cold. But i am here still sober. I am grateful that this is the first cold I have had in a little over a year. Since the covid-19 restrictions have eased up I've been dealing with alot of anxiety. I've been trying to get out more in public so get used to the new normal. Any opinions would help in how you are handling it.
Old 06-03-2021, 12:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

385 days is great. I hope your cold clears up soon.

There is still lockdown where I am but it should be ending tomorrow. I'm just barely fully vaccinated which is exciting. And, I will be having my first indoor visit with daughter and family in two weeks. We're all fully vaccinated, but it's still going to seem strange. Other than that, I don't think I'll be making too many changes right away. I will likely wear a mask inside stores for awhile. Basically we have to do what we're comfortable with.
Old 06-03-2021, 03:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
385 days is great. I hope your cold clears up soon.

There is still lockdown where I am but it should be ending tomorrow. I'm just barely fully vaccinated which is exciting. And, I will be having my first indoor visit with daughter and family in two weeks. We're all fully vaccinated, but it's still going to seem strange. Other than that, I don't think I'll be making too many changes right away. I will likely wear a mask inside stores for awhile. Basically we have to do what we're comfortable with.
I've been vaccine since the beginning of 2021 due to my work. It was optional to take but i made a choice to take it for myself and my children. It will take some time to get used to it but I am confident I will climb this mountain and see the light. LOL
Old 06-03-2021, 03:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hang in there Sticky.
Old 06-03-2021, 04:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 385 days, Stickyone! I’m not very social as it is and I’ve been working from home since February. Also, the hubby has been doing all the grocery shopping.

I can see a shift is coming though and it’s giving me the jitters. I’m trying to remind myself anticipation is almost always worse than the actual event. That’s how it’s always been for me anyway.

It’s going to be small steps at my own pace. I’m really good at setting boundaries now! Since I’ve been wearing the same clothes for eons I might start with some shopping. That’ll boost my confidence too.
Old 06-03-2021, 05:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

My wish for everyone in lockdown is that it ends soon.

D
Old 06-03-2021, 07:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
My wish for everyone in lockdown is that it ends soon.

D
I'm 50/50 on the lockdowns ending. But I'm 100 percent sure I need to get out more. Lol and I will definitely. But wow I double mask with n95 so worried about covid19 and then I get a common cold. On the positive side I am vaccinated. So rest and recovery and back to it.
Old 06-04-2021, 07:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congratulations on the sober time!
Old 06-04-2021, 01:59 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone for the great support. I'm feeling much better than I was. Got some good rest and recovery. Did a little chores around the house to get moving. I wrote a short term and long term goals list which I feel pretty confident about. It's so true that during the hardest times just do what you can just don't drink or use and remember to love yourself. And I'm sure you will get a valuable lesson towards your life of recovery. Thanks everyone for the support
Old 06-05-2021, 08:26 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi Sticky and congratulations on that admirable amount of time sober.

I don’t get out that much quarantine or no quarantine and my trips outdoors are in a house-van to do shopping every week. But I am very satisfied with this limited exposure to the outdoors as I am more of a recluse by nature.

Good luck with finding a way to include in your life excursions to the outside world.
Old 06-05-2021, 11:48 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by enaiddes View Post
Hi Sticky and congratulations on that admirable amount of time sober.

I don’t get out that much quarantine or no quarantine and my trips outdoors are in a house-van to do shopping every week. But I am very satisfied with this limited exposure to the outdoors as I am more of a recluse by nature.

Good luck with finding a way to include in your life excursions to the outside world.
Thank you for the support. Today is day 387. Feeling much better today just a little congested.
Old 06-05-2021, 12:11 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 387 days stickyone.

I don't have many suggestions outside of 'starting out small", and working up big."

Baby steps.

I always enjoy your posts stickyone.
Old 06-05-2021, 12:48 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Steely View Post
Congratulations on 387 days stickyone.

I don't have many suggestions outside of 'starting out small", and working up big."

Baby steps.

I always enjoy your posts stickyone.
Thank you steely. I always refer back to my old post to see where I can improve on. Alot of the times i see that my obstacles are smaller than they appear to be. And I try to take the great responses I get and put it into action. And other times I have to reflect on the obstacle and take some responsibility for my emotions and actions. What I've learned that I need to work on is expectations and self worth not allowing others opinions affect my mental health . Especially when there is no truth in those negative opinions at work or in society. Have a wonderful day
Old 06-06-2021, 01:25 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Just found your post stickyone. I'm not very good at flagging stuff. Only just found "my posts" option. And there you were.

I have to work on self worth too stickyone. One of my biggest obstacles. Realise now it's not going to happen just as result of being sober, it's going to take the work. Sober is imperative though.

I have to build a me whom I like. 🌺 Internally, externally. Start out small. Believe in myself. I deny myself everything, yet encourage others to believe. Time to Act. So many interesting things to do.

You have a great day too, stickyone.