Notices

Live bodies?!

Old 05-30-2021, 03:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Live bodies?!

Not only am I new to recovery (living in the Caribbean with no live groups, just reading compulsively ... yep! compulsive EVERYTHING! that's me!) ... anyway, as I was saying ... not only am I new to recovery, I'm new to forums and finding the forum vehicle to slow for my ping-pong thinking that's going non-stop in my feeble brain!!!
Are there any CHAT rooms with LIVE bodies with whom I can try to feel connected????
Old 05-30-2021, 03:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome LyndieLou

instructions for entering our chat room are here
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-new-post.html

D
Old 05-30-2021, 04:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

This can be a very helpful place for recovery. I had to make my sobriety the most important thing in my life because it is. Best wishes.
Old 05-30-2021, 06:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome lyndielou! Glad to have you here. I love the Caribbean! There probably are meeting groups in a few places like St Thomas but I understand if you're not near a city probably not. Hope you find the chat helpful.
Old 05-30-2021, 07:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for the link for using the CHAT function ... but confused with why I only see MY messages and nobody replies (tho I see others online with the green circle icon) ... am I doing something wrong????
REALLY need to chat live, not even a month sober and I live in a dang Caribbean resort that makes drinking as natural as breathing air!!!
Old 05-30-2021, 07:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lyndielou View Post
Thanks for the link for using the CHAT function ... but confused with why I only see MY messages and nobody replies (tho I see others online with the green circle icon) ... am I doing something wrong????
REALLY need to chat live, not even a month sober and I live in a dang Caribbean resort that makes drinking as natural as breathing air!!!
Not 100% sure but I think members get signed into the chat automatically sometimes when they are online, unless they opt out (I remember I did that a while ago as it gave me unwanted pop-ups). Is there an active chat here on SR at all?

Have you tried online recovery meetings? There are different kinds available, some with active "rooms" 24/7. You don't need to use video if you don't want. I found that to be much more satisfying when I wanted direct contact and instant communication.
Old 05-30-2021, 09:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Smile Hi Lyndielou

What a cute name ! I kind of envy you living in the Caribbean. How wonderful all that reading you’re doing; I know it’s very helpful and in the past I’ve done copious amounts of it myself. Sorry you’re not satisfied with the forum style of communicating. Your post is very lively and I enjoy that.

Old 05-30-2021, 09:29 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Chatroom?

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi and welcome LyndieLou

instructions for entering our chat room are here
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/chat-meetings-chat-discussions/450362-how-find-chat-room-new-post.html

D
Hi Dee . . . I am on a Macbook Air laptop. Is there a special way for me to find this chatroom you’ve linked here?
Old 05-30-2021, 09:41 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Enaiddes, I'm on a Macbook Air and Dee's link works. Just look at the very bottom, right hand side of the page. It's a very light grey arrow and can be hard to see at first. That will get you connected to Chat.
Old 05-30-2021, 10:52 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Nice to meet you, lyndielou.
Old 05-30-2021, 01:58 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family! You'll find lots of support and useful advice here.
Old 06-01-2021, 02:43 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks for the helping suggestion for online recovery MEETINGS! I'll def check it out!
Just thought of an ironic response to the compliment to my nickname LYNDIELOU ... it's my pet name give by my dear grandfather who was killed in a head-on collision with a DRUNK driver! WOW! I didn't even make the association because I was a youngster and non-drinker at that point ... guess drinking has adversely affected my life is more ways than one eh?!