Notices

Going to Savannah, GA

Old 05-26-2021, 04:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Going to Savannah, GA

Good morning all,
Hope everyone is doing well and having a good week so far.
I created a post before going out of town on a short vacation during my first month sober. The trip went really well, and I felt grateful and actually ALIVE opposed to hungover and deathly ill from booze.
I'll be heading toward Savannah, GA this weekend to see the sights. I just had 90 days of continuous sobriety yesterday. Savannah has always been on my list of places to visit, so I'm pretty excited, and very grateful to be visiting during sobriety. Has anyone on this forum been to Savannah, or Tybee Island? I'm just assuming that there will probably be quite a few AA meetings, seeing as how the town has a fairly large population (compared to where I live.)

Anyhow, just wondering if anyone here has went to Savannah sober, and if you have any suggestions of places to visit.

Thanks all!
Old 05-26-2021, 05:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I haven't gone there but congratulations on 90 days sober! The 3 month mark is a special one for sure. Awesome attitude.
Old 05-26-2021, 07:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on 90 days WindPines. Great job!

Just take the usual precautions in early sobriety - avoid people and places that might trigger you, and have a backup plan (hotel).
Old 05-26-2021, 08:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I visited Savannah a few years ago and loved it. It's a beautiful city. We also went to Tybee Island. It was raining a lot that day, but it was still pretty - kind of a funky, beachfront area with lots of places to walk. I'm not an AA person, but you could check online to look for meetings near to where you're staying. I hope you enjoy yourself.
Old 05-26-2021, 05:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats on 90 days Windpines! I love Savannah! We have passed through there several times on our way to Florida to visit family. I recommend walking along the river and around the historic parts of the city. The architecture is beautiful. Forsyth Park is also really pretty and big! People watching is also entertaining as it is a very artsy and historic city. The ghost tours are supposedly fun but we have not done that yet because my husband isn't into tours. Hope you have a great time.
Old 05-26-2021, 06:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats om 90 days WP - enjoy your break!
D