Notices

Fell off and into the dirt spectacularly

Old 05-21-2021, 06:12 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'm glad you made it back, TheAten.

How's Day One going?

Just don't pick up a drink today and you've done it right. Lay your head down on the pillow sober tonight. It's a delicious feeling.

I didn't need a trigger or a reason/excuse to drink. If the day had a "Y" in it that was good enough for me.

Stay with us, friend.
Old 05-21-2021, 09:35 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

I've been in that dirt a few hundred times myself. I never fell off, though. I always jumped.
I got tired of that dirt, so I don't jump any more.

Best of Luck on Your Journey!
Old 05-21-2021, 09:55 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

How are you doing today TheAten.
Old 05-21-2021, 11:26 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thank you so much everyone for your replies, really means a lot. I drank until the early hours this morning and only managed three hours of sleep. I drank two cans of lager when I woke up - I don’t have anymore in the house and I’m not going to the store for more. I have to start sometime. So I’ll start from here. I did manage to eat today, though, which is a step in the right direction.
Old 05-21-2021, 11:49 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Good. Stick to that plan!
Old 05-21-2021, 12:23 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TheAten View Post
wasn’t going to return here because I just felt so ashamed and stupid but then I realised perhaps that line of thinking was stupid and I decided to return.
Hi Aten, I really understand where you’re coming from. It probably seemed the easy option to not post, but you did 🙂

All I can say is your post struck so many chords. But come on, you’re beating yourself up when we’ve had the grimmest year in the U.K. since WW2 so it’s not surprising you felt like a drink on that first sunny day.

Things need to change, though, don’t they? I would’ve struggled horrendously in Covid U.K. if I’d still been drinking. How come the alcohol came so easily? Tell your neighbours you don’t drink maybe? At this stage and during this bizarre time, there must be no alcohol nearby.

Again, don’t be so hard on yourself.
Old 05-21-2021, 01:05 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hodd;[url=tel:7639037
7639037[/url]]Hi Aten, I really understand where you’re coming from. It probably seemed the easy option to not post, but you did 🙂

All I can say is your post struck so many chords. But come on, you’re beating yourself up when we’ve had the grimmest year in the U.K. since WW2 so it’s not surprising you felt like a drink on that first sunny day.

Things need to change, though, don’t they? I would’ve struggled horrendously in Covid U.K. if I’d still been drinking. How come the alcohol came so easily? Tell your neighbours you don’t drink maybe? At this stage and during this bizarre time, there must be no alcohol nearby.

Again, don’t be so hard on yourself.
Thanks for this supportive reply, Hodd! I’m not sure why it came so easily - I read back some of my posts here in early March and I forgot how much I was struggling with cravings - I had one of those dangerous eff it days and that was me on a mad two month bender. I need to think seriously about my life and getting my act together to ensure this doesn’t happen again. But I’m trying not to think too hard right now - I’ve got three painful days of withdrawal ahead and so I’m going to concentrate on that first. Baby steps, one at a time.