Notices

Just smoked my last cigarette

Old 05-17-2021, 04:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just smoked my last cigarette

And vaped for the last time.

I've been trying to give up nicotine for the last few weeks. The longest I've managed is sixteen hours.

The the cravings get bad and I start again. But really, the cravings aren't so bad. I just need to let them pass.

I was off nicotine for around six days when I was in the psych ward and didn't have any cigarettes or vape.
I felt fine around day four.
I just need to make it through the first four days. I know I can do this. I'm forty seven days sober from alcohol. Granted, I have Antabuse to thank for that. But I'm still taking the pill everyday. So I have some willpower.

Will be posting here a lot as I make it through the first few days. The cravings normally start up around 12 hours so today should be easy.
Old 05-17-2021, 04:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freedomfries View Post
And vaped for the last time.

I've been trying to give up nicotine for the last few weeks. The longest I've managed is sixteen hours.

The the cravings get bad and I start again. But really, the cravings aren't so bad. I just need to let them pass.

I was off nicotine for around six days when I was in the psych ward and didn't have any cigarettes or vape.
I felt fine around day four.
I just need to make it through the first four days. I know I can do this. I'm forty seven days sober from alcohol. Granted, I have Antabuse to thank for that. But I'm still taking the pill everyday. So I have some willpower.

Will be posting here a lot as I make it through the first few days. The cravings normally start up around 12 hours so today should be easy.
Good on you! Have you tried that Allen Carr book about giving up smoking? It's supposed to be really good.
Old 05-17-2021, 04:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gabe1980 View Post
Good on you! Have you tried that Allen Carr book about giving up smoking? It's supposed to be really good.
I might download the audiobook. His easy way to stop drinking is supposedly very similar to This Naked Mind which I found extremely helpful reframing my feelings about alcohol.
Old 05-17-2021, 04:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freedomfries View Post
I might download the audiobook. His easy way to stop drinking is supposedly very similar to This Naked Mind which I found extremely helpful reframing my feelings about alcohol.
I haven't read his drinking one but I found This Naked Mind helpful too. I might give it a go, I need to put more work in.
Old 05-17-2021, 05:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well I downloaded it. Will listen over the next day.
Old 05-17-2021, 11:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well done for getting on the antabuse, i was on it for 6 months in Spain and it was an amazing time. In hindsight might have stayed on it longer but that's the past. I tried to stop smoking on and off for a few decades, from the very first time i smoked tbh. In the end i was on a vape for 3 years before getting another pack of nictotine patches and stopping. That was 6 months ago, that's nuts isn't it as i cant tell you why i stopped , it just was the right time. You are going to feel so much better without the tar and crap inside you but if you do go back, and you have a lot going on now, would you consider a vape as they were a god send for me?
Old 05-17-2021, 11:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I went to the Allen Carr clinic in the UK didn't work for me but has worked for some people. See what you think.
Old 05-17-2021, 01:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congrats.
Im a serial quitter !
I FINALLY quit cigs in 2006 after 6 (six) various length quits.
What made it stick was NRT. Nicotine replacement therapy.
I chose the patch.
The patch allowed me to cut down nic over time while I developed new habits of not going for a smoke for every reason-
breaking the physical part of the addiction.
Old 05-18-2021, 03:18 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Forget who said, "giving up smoking is easy, I've done it a thousand times."

Never quit quitting Ascended. 🌺