Notices

not sure how I ended up here

Old 05-14-2021, 10:30 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TroubleAfoot View Post
Hi Happy!

I hope you made it through today okay and I am very sorry about you losing your grandma. You have come to the right place because, here, you will find many of us were in a similar place as you, with the feelings of shame and despair, but have been able to beat their addictions and banish those demons that once haunted us. That means you can do it too and you will get lots of support here to aid you on your journey. The road to a getting, and staying, clean can be bumpy, and sometimes seem uncertain, but you will be able to push through to a much better and fulfilling life, Keep coming by and keeping us updated. Also read the success stories, of others, as they can be very motivating and inspire you to stay the course.

I, myself, am quite fresh on my current attempt at sobriety (13 days) but, after several previous attempts, which failed after a few months, I have a new level of commitment which I never had before. I am confident I can stay the course this time. I felt shaky at first but I found Sober Recovery and, in these short couple of weeks, have been inspired more than I ever thought possible. It's a good place to be.

You can do it. Remember - you are not who you were. You are who you are now, today, resolutely taking control of your life instead of letting alcohol and drugs be in control of it.
Wow, thank you so much! Our sobriety dates aren't too far off, it seems like you're a week cleaner than me. I'm super proud of you! If you need a buddy to hold you accountable or to help you stay motivated I'm totally here for you. Thanks so much for your kind words. Supportive people can do so much, just by saying that they understand. That's why I'm really happy I found this place and people like you
Old 05-16-2021, 06:07 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by happylandfills View Post
Wow, thank you so much! Our sobriety dates aren't too far off, it seems like you're a week cleaner than me. I'm super proud of you! If you need a buddy to hold you accountable or to help you stay motivated I'm totally here for you.
I'm down with that Happyland! Keep coming around! Your Dad has faith in you and he's the one who has your back. Make him proud. Your Mom, and sister, may come around (and, hopefully, they do), but your Dad believes in you right now.
Old 05-17-2021, 05:54 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hello Happy,

I was just checking in on you and wanted to let you know I am thinking of you.

I am so glad you have your dad in your corner. I know you can do this and make him proud. It will just take time to gain trust back from the others, but it will happen.

OneThing