Old 05-20-2021, 05:50 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Administrator

Best wishes with your procedure OTAAT

D
Old 05-21-2021, 05:08 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee!

Everything went well yesterday and I am still in recovery mode, till at least this afternoon. A full 24 hrs. I can see why he has split the procedure into two visits because I hurt like a son-of-a-gun for about 7 hours yesterday. No pain meds but ibuprofen, but I made it. All of it at one time would have been too much. He numbed the area extremely well so I only needed half the anesthesia that he thought, so that was good, easier to come out of that.

I have lots to get done today, but I have to wait. My husband is home and said he would do anything I needed. Asking for help is a hard one for me but I have to learn to it. Just like getting on here.

Made it through Day 3 and didn't even think about drinking, I just kept watching the clock to see when I could take more ibuprofen. I hope today goes just as well, watch the clock as to when I can get showered and start moving around. I am better when I have more then mundane things to think about.

On to day 4! I sure hope everyone has a good day!
Old 05-22-2021, 04:35 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Oh, Day 4!

One thing I found out when getting sober the first time, is that sobriety does not make ones life better, it makes you better so that you can handle life and our lives are difficult at times.

Yesterday my relationship with my son reared it's ugly head, it is ugly because he really could not give a hoot about me. I waited on the day of my surgery to hear from him and got crickets, waited most of yesterday to hear from him and got nothing. I texted like he was the sweet fella I want him to be and told him I did well and pulled those guilt strings hard. Not the best idea.

He felt bad, or as bad as he is capable of because he wants to keep some type of relationship going so I show up at his wedding in September. It was an engagement he never told me about but I got congratulations from an elderly aunt who shocked me with the news and I had to act like I knew. He never bothered to tell me but I did confront him with it.

I have not seen him in 3 years and there is always an excuse to not see me. Last time I talked with him I told him I would like to visit with him and his bride-to-be and even offered to drive up and see them. They have no room for me, he has no days off, his vacation time was used when he had Covid (another long story) but he would see what he could do. He, who has no time off, actually called me from his car. Her parents just moved and forgot to clean their fridge and the new buyers were doing a walk through this weekend. Since he had the day off, he volunteered to do it, this is he who has no time off. I brought up them coming down to see us. He had all kinds of excuses and I reached the end of my rope.

I am being strung along to be a prop at his wedding. It would not look good if his mother didn't show. His mother is not showing up and I just have to cut ties and keep asking God to grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change. I posted a bit in the May 2021 thread to get it off my chest instead of pour it in a wine glass. I was also on FB and saw the perfect little post that I immediately shared with minimal details, how unusual for me.

I was blessed, I was truly blessed. I have 6 of my friends, relatives contact me by messenger their stories and support. Life on FB is not always as perfect as people post and it was really wonderful to see I am not alone and that other's have been there, done that and survived. I can too.

So I didn't pour my self pity in a glass. I did reach out in a way that was provided for me and I wasn't too afraid to do it. It sure made day 4 easier.

Now to day 5. Lots to do! Packing to get done. List of instructions to leave my wonderful daughter. I am so blessed to have her. Tomorrow we will be on our way and we made a pact, my husband and I. All the seafood we can find will be eaten! My daughter is allergic to fish so fixing a seafood meal is always hard. Everything has to be disinfected after the preparation.

I told you guys, I ramble, but I will do it on this thread and not bore everyone on the others.

Good day to all,

One Thing
Old 05-22-2021, 06:03 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Glad your doing well one thing! Enjoy the seafood yum yum xx
Old 05-22-2021, 02:24 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Great to hear you're on Day 5, One Thing. Each day we feel a little stronger & more determined.