Notices

Escaping the Crapulousness - Weekenders 14 - 17 May 2021

Old 05-19-2021, 10:00 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I have had a bad day and due to one or more idiots I no longer have a GP (doctor) and have not had my 2nd jab 12 weeks after my 1st. Not that I ever used to need one but I definitely would have used it as an excuse to drink. I no nonger need that but I am still fuming and I can't even walk it off as it is pis...persistently raining, stairod variety.
Old 05-19-2021, 11:19 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Sao, I’m sorry about that, I can just about hear your frustration. Hope you have a brighter day ahead.

Good evening to all the other Weekenders as well.
Old 05-19-2021, 11:48 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
I have had a bad day and due to one or more idiots I no longer have a GP (doctor) and have not had my 2nd jab 12 weeks after my 1st. Not that I ever used to need one but I definitely would have used it as an excuse to drink. I no nonger need that but I am still fuming and I can't even walk it off as it is pis...persistently raining, stairod variety.
Yikes. That all sounds blinkin’ rubbish Saoutchik. Thank heavens for sobriety.

Happy Wednesday all. :-)

Old 05-19-2021, 11:56 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry to hear that saoutchik. Very few frustrations like the medical establishment kind. Don't get me started on the profit-motive stuff that happens here. Hope the rain stops soon but we're around at any rate! I remember the first time I ever visited your part of the planet and I was so amazed at the sheer amount of rain that could fall in 5 minutes. We're more used to drizzle here.
Old 05-19-2021, 01:20 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Sao, sorry to hear you've had a bad day and things are not quite going smoothly at present. Drinking certainly wouldn't make any of it better.

The rain has stayed away today despite it looking like it might start this afternoon. I had a nice evening walk after the football (Newcastle - we won!) had finished. Although a bit cold for walking without a coat it was a pleasant evening with the sun shining.

Grateful if you ever want to visit a really wet part of the UK, go to somewhere like Manchester, Glasgow or Cardiff. It rains a lot in all three cities! On the other hand, London is one of the driest though when it rains, it can rain a lot.

Good evening Captain and to everyone else.
Old 05-19-2021, 02:00 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  

That sounds really annoying and disappointing Sao. I hope things get sorted out somehow and you can reschedule asap.
The have me booked in for my second jab 10 weeks after the first, but I read that 12 weeks was ideal. I guess they know what they’re doing.

It’s off to work for me.
Have a good day everyone
Old 05-19-2021, 06:24 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to see you Leigh

D
Old 05-19-2021, 09:24 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  
Magsie

Saou, blummin heck. I hope you soon get it sorted. Glad to know you don’t need a GP, health wise but I think you have to have one to get a national health number.

MantaLady i know just what you mean about aching after a long walk the day but one after, I did a 13 mile walk for charity which included a lot of hills and the next day I was expecting to ache but was fine. The day after, yikes was I aching.

Robbie, pleased you’re team won. Was crowds allowed in?

Willow, good news that you’re getting your second jab.

New thread coming up in a couple of hours. See you in a bit. xxxx
Old 05-19-2021, 10:47 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Great bird pics.

Sao my local chemist is now doing walk ins for the 2nd jab, you just have to turn up with your card (has to be the same brand as the first). Maybe some of yours are doing the same. Hope you are feeling a little better today.

Well done on the walking Manta. It is a nice sense of achievement when finish a long walk. I went to a remote nature reserve yesterday, the mud was horrendous, I nearly fell so many times and ended up having to walk through flooded wetlands with Daisy under my arm to get out - not one of my better ideas after all the recent rain!

@Willow68 My best walking boots ever are my berghaus Superlite II. Comfortable and supportive from day one. Had them nearly 3 years now and I walk a lot. Highly recommended.

I finally have an appointment for a steroid injection into my hip joint . Having read all the blurb that comes with the appointment I am somewhat put off. It says the effects only last 3 to 6 weeks, with lots of possible side effects including fainting during or after it is done, possible tendon damage or infection. Maybe I should be careful what I wish for.

Old 05-19-2021, 11:03 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Have good day all looking forward to new thread to share our thoughts and musings!!
Old 05-19-2021, 11:12 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  
Magsie

Great boots Kaily. I hope the steroid injection helps. A friend had one in her foot. It helped for a while.

Saou, that’ll be good if you can get to a chemist that gives the vaccine.

Morning Jo
Old 05-19-2021, 11:47 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  
Magsie

New thread begins

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ay-2021-a.html (Sobriety-A Much Better Rush - Weekender 21-24 May, 2021)