Notices

Under Duress But Handling It...

Old 05-09-2021, 06:49 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Di122y
For me situations recently is a little different and seems to be worse now with covid.
I have experienced many angry people,
I want it now people,
Its not what i expected people,
No patience people,
Everybody's favourite no proof mask exemption people,
Im in a rush so i won't queue like everyone people, and so on.
Thankfully these are the minority and the majority are really nice. I unfortunately was fixated on the mean one's and this would upset my whole day. Now instead of confronting these angry self-important people aggressively, i smile behind my mask 😷 respond with kind words and politely give them a piece of my mind in a soft tone which 9 times out of 10 catches them off guard. The 1 out of 10 i tell them to get lost .Its somthing a lot of these people aren't used to. I reckon your boss isnt any different. Give it a go 😇 its very satisfying.

Old 05-09-2021, 07:25 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

D122y, Happy Birthday to you!
Old 05-09-2021, 08:15 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I agree with Surrendered. On all counts - I read every single one of your posts with appreciation D122y.

I also agree that he's not gonna change. I don't like bad bosses, even though the last one was in a different city. Thank God I worked remotely, but I stillI had difficulty being around him when he visited or we spoke on the phone. We had opposing views on almost everything, but I sucked it up because at the time I needed it and the job was great in other ways. And he was extremely capable technically, so I did learn from him. But wow, so difficult.

In your situation I agree that accepting he is flawed, and having empathy will help. But I generally work to get out of those situations. LIfe is too short to be unhappy or walking on eggshells 8-10 hours a day. Start looking now so you can move on when the time is right - transfer or find another company where you will be more appreciated. Don't call him out unless it gets abusive, or leave on a bad note, but do investigate all your options.

Best of luck to you D122y.