Notices

3 weeks

Old 05-06-2021, 12:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

3 weeks

The good news.
21 days into sobriety and I LIKE it!
The blah news.....
I have so little energy at times (fatigue) . And aches and pains -dull , here and there have surfaced.
Like right now, just could care less about the rest of the day- unless it involves a NAP!
BUT
IM sober
Old 05-06-2021, 12:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Ascended, the three week point was a kind of turning point for me. My energy began to return and I began to feel more confidence in what I was doing. And, yes, the aches and pains that I numbed or ignored while drinking made themselves known. I hope you feel better soon. And, 3 weeks of sobriety is terrific.
Old 05-06-2021, 01:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I’m 18 days sober and feel exactly the same! Here’s hoping we feel more energetic soon! But like you said it’s great to be sober!!
Old 05-06-2021, 01:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Fantastic stuff, Ascended.

I LIKE it too.

Congratulations on 21 days.
Old 05-06-2021, 05:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats Ascended

D
Old 05-06-2021, 05:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Nice job Ascended! Congrats!
Old 05-06-2021, 06:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I had all of that - the exhaustion, aches & pains. We're making a big adjustment. Everything will settle down. You're doing a wonderful job.
3 weeks!
Old 05-06-2021, 07:32 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hello Ascended and great job on your 3 weeks! I'm on day 5, this time around, and I hear you on the aches and pains. For me it takes a couple of months of being dry for a lot of them to finally go away, like the aching in my feet which I suspect is neuropathy. Some things heal quicker, though, in my experience. Like today my kidneys finally started feeling better and that is a relief. I know I need to quit drinking,f or good, when I'm literally doing organ damage to myself. When I was young I got away with it. Not at all anymore.
Old 05-06-2021, 07:41 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on three weeks sober! Keep going, it gets better.
Old 05-06-2021, 11:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Three weeks is fantastic! The fatigue is definite,y normal, and should subside in the next few weeks. Have you been able to get outdoors for a walk at all? That may help increase your energy level some.
Old 05-07-2021, 05:28 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

This is wonderful to read!
Keep on moving forward. You are doing well and soon enough you will be restored with energy. Sometimes we just need to rest for a bit.
Old 05-07-2021, 05:37 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Could it be that not slouching back with a drink just makes us more aware of a perception of fatigue? I wonder about that, because lots of times, I have to push myself to get up and do something, and when I get engaged with the task, I don't feel fatigued anymore, like the fatigue was a result of something else. That would be a good experiment for you to try the next time you feel fatigue. Choose something that would ordinarily be pleasurable and after 20 minutes into the task, check your fatigue level. Is it higher or lower than it was before you decided to do something?

I don't think I experienced more fatigue sober than when I was drinking, but recovery is different for everyone. There are certain common experiences, but many variations beyond that.

That others relate to this feeling tells me it might be more common than I thought. But one thing I'm sure of, alcohol doesn't make anyone less fatigued. It's a depressant, not a stimulant.
Old 05-07-2021, 07:09 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Smile

Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
The good news.
21 days into sobriety and I LIKE it!
The blah news.....
I have so little energy at times (fatigue) . And aches and pains -dull , here and there have surfaced.
Like right now, just could care less about the rest of the day- unless it involves a NAP!
BUT
IM sober
Hi thanks for posting and best of luck to you. Just a guess but maybe the aches, pains and fatigue are your body detoxing. Maybe you should allow yourself to nap and dont feel bad about it.
Old 05-07-2021, 09:12 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

That's Brilliant news! Well done my friend
Old 05-07-2021, 09:31 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Great work! Yes, further along into sobriety made me hyper aware of all kinds of things I didn't notice before. And the fatigue eventually went away - I think it was my body saying, thank goodness a chance to heal, at last! Give me a nap!

Keep on keepin' on!
Old 05-08-2021, 05:34 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
Three weeks is fantastic! The fatigue is definite,y normal, and should subside in the next few weeks. Have you been able to get outdoors for a walk at all? That may help increase your energy level some.
Actually, Ive been cycling most days several miles - and walking for 30-45 min on other days- thats "normal" for me (even when I was drinking at night...
It REALLY helps.
The EFFORT mentally to ride a few miles has increased as my fatigue has - so - I listen to the body ...and take things easier for now!
Thanks for asking.