Notices

Massive relapse

Old 05-30-2021, 10:24 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by phoebe64 View Post
Chris, that’s really sad that your dr and family are not hearing your need for help with your suicidal thoughts. I hate that “cry for attention” remark coming from people who don’t understand the despair we can feel. How fortunate for them that they don’t know that feeling, but unfortunate that they lack empathy.

I thought you were headed to a substance abuse/mental health inpatient rehab from the hospital, after you recovered from the rib injury and pneumonia? What happened to that plan?
Hi Phoebe.
Thanks for post.

Yeah just "snap out of it" and "grow up" I've heard enough........

Nah never going into inpatient as no beds. Plus I'm comparitively going ok (I tell here more than I tell the hospital team........)

If I do I lose my job. I simply can't Phoebe.

They visit me at home. It's a fantastic program (Still cold though.....ha!)
Old 05-30-2021, 10:48 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

It's tough too as I live with parent's as sold last year.

I put a deposit on a Great Dane and they said I'm on the street if I buy him.

Dogs keep me sane and always wanted a black male Dane.
Old 05-30-2021, 11:09 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chris2 View Post
It's tough too as I live with parent's as sold last year.

I put a deposit on a Great Dane and they said I'm on the street if I buy him.

Dogs keep me sane and always wanted a black male Dane.
It’s tough moving back in with family, but, how fortunate that you do have that option. Don’t you already have other dogs? I know you lost a dog while in the hospital, my condolences. We have a pup we adore. But, I think your parents are talking sense about getting a new dog right now. You need to be solid in recovery before taking on another pet. If you relapse, or need treatment, or your depression is unstable, and it is right now, who’s going to care for your dogs?
Old 05-30-2021, 11:27 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by phoebe64 View Post
It’s tough moving back in with family, but, how fortunate that you do have that option. Don’t you already have other dogs? I know you lost a dog while in the hospital, my condolences. We have a pup we adore. But, I think your parents are talking sense about getting a new dog right now. You need to be solid in recovery before taking on another pet. If you relapse, or need treatment, or your depression is unstable, and it is right now, who’s going to care for your dogs?
Yes no rent in a million AUD home. It's a beautiful home in Hobart.

I have Terry. He's never been alone since birth and my parents dog is close to passing.

I want to introduce a new dog not just for me but when Joey passes Terry is not alone as he wont cope.

My parents will have to yes. You are correct but I'll pay for it all. Dogs are my passion, if I fail Im confident my parents will love him. (mature dog not a puppy)
Old 05-30-2021, 02:58 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Hi Chris,
I found ice helped me with the burning sensation in my legs thing its called alcohol nerophity or something.I would find a different doctor and let any medical professional know that withdrawal from alcohol can kill and let them know that if you were to get a Grand Mal seizure then they would be in the firing line.I find that when they see there job is in jeopardy they change there tune.There is good doctors out there but you have to keep trying.Good luck mate.
Old 05-30-2021, 03:35 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you decide to see a different doctor Chris. The change in you in those two weeks you were being looked after was nothing short of miraculous.

D
Old 05-31-2021, 01:14 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Thinking about you. What your doctor said to you was totally inexcusable. For me, the key was to take a firm decision, and then never to quit the decision. I also had severe clinical depression but with the right medication and no alcohol, I have totally recovered and no longer need to take anything. It takes time. Not sure about a great Dane unless your parents are totally on board. Maybe something to work towards when you are feeling better?? Hang in there.

Old 05-31-2021, 11:40 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
You're trying to convince the wrong people here, my friend. We are the ones who see through your stories because we've all been there.
I know well intentioned but I find this post a little offensive.

I've been completely honest from the moment I joined. They are not stories that you see through, I'm just explaining how I feel and what I've done.

I thought that was the idea here to feel safe in being completely honest not made to feel like a liar as it seems implied.

But all good though, no drama.
Old 06-01-2021, 12:23 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey Chris
I am sure everyone here is on your side, but none of us are professionals here, just fellow travellers.

We are all going to push an agenda tho - that it’s in your best interest not to drink.

I know - no drama ...but I have to point out you can use the ignore function on any of us at any time, if you feel that’s called for.
Use the drop down menu under people’s names.
D
Old 06-01-2021, 12:50 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hey Chris
I am sure everyone here is on your side, but none of us are professionals here, just fellow travellers.

We are all going to push an agenda tho - that it’s in your best interest not to drink.

I know - no drama ...but I have to point out you can use the ignore function on any of us at any time, if you feel that’s called for.
Use the drop down menu under people’s names.
D
Thanks D but I have reason to use ignore as I have no issue with poster whatsoever.

Of course not drinking is the best option. I've found that difficult even after 3 weeks and I stated that.

Just felt "see through you stories" is a term I wouldn't use to someone being honest on success and failures.

Old 06-02-2021, 10:17 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Sorry all.

Called support services.

Paramedics then got me now in Emergency.

Old 06-02-2021, 11:01 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

I had the knife so I was taken away.

Now being looked after
Old 06-02-2021, 11:15 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  

I'm so glad you are safe and being looked after Chris. Drinking does awful things to our minds and bodies and the only way forward is without booze. Keep posting and telling us how you are doing. When you are discharged - hopefully many weeks from now after proper hospital care and an in-patient rehab, but whatever the case - it is INCUMBENT upon you to forge a new sober path. One that is permanent. Otherwise this - and worse - will keep occurring.
Old 06-02-2021, 12:14 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  

So glad you are safe again, man. I agree with Surrendered - you need to stay off the booze at all costs. You're smart, sensitive and kind and can have a great life if you stay off it. Throw everything you can at it, Chris - meetings, Big Book study, whatever you need to. Alcohol poisons and destroys our lives.
Old 06-02-2021, 12:23 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  
Administrator

I missed all this as I keep old man hours these days Chris
but I’m really glad you’re being looked after now, man.

Use the help to make a long term plan for yourself this time, hey?

D
Old 06-03-2021, 07:16 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Thanks all.

As always.

I've been thrown back home as "No beds" again so will be battling a bit longer.

Been told to leave Tasmania to NSW for 90 days at the very best Private clinic (in his opinion). The Psychiatrist was very supportive and said I needed it - he looked at me and said I won't make it out alone.

That scares the hell out of me let alone the $$$$$.

Hard to know what to do but I guess they know best, as I feel I can do it (I made 3 weeks) but always * it up completely.

Sorry all.

Chris
Old 06-03-2021, 07:27 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Oh man Chris, that is a effing no-brainer bud. If there is ANY way you can swing it, get yourself to NSW and do the 90-day stay. I really do feel like it could save your life and give you back a life that will make you happy and proud. None of us can do this alone. I hope you make the decision to go.
Old 06-03-2021, 07:40 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Surrendered19 View Post
Oh man Chris, that is a effing no-brainer bud. If there is ANY way you can swing it, get yourself to NSW and do the 90-day stay. I really do feel like it could save your life and give you back a life that will make you happy and proud. None of us can do this alone. I hope you make the decision to go.
Thank you Surrendered.

I just need to clear my private health will contribute as otherwise I can't afford it - It's the most expensive in Aust but the Psych considered the best.

If I'm not allowed there there is a 30 day stay in Public but he was highly against that as said not enough for me (I feel I'm a normal nice guy tgat does get very upset - on their charts apparently I'm in extreme risk and 1st category need he said).

Thank you for support and I guess I do need to go. I just can't seem to accept it as I can be happy and people like me.

Even the Psych said I was very polite, witty and honest which gives a very high likelihood of success.......but he also said I have zero chance of doing it alone. As in none.

Chris
Old 06-03-2021, 10:08 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  

"I just can't seem to accept it as I can be happy and people like me."

A non sequitur Mr. Barrister.

This thing comes for the happy, sad, likeable, disliked, polite, rude, witty, dullards, honest and liars. Addiction cuts us all down.
Old 06-03-2021, 10:16 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  
Administrator

Chris, I'm so glad you went to the hospital for help. That was a really good decision. And, I hope that you follow through with the psychiatrist's advice. It sounded to me like he was on your side and advising you the best way he could. Let us know how you're doing.