Notices

Massive relapse

Old 05-11-2021, 07:04 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

I was reading along and didn’t have the sober time in to offer advice, but you’ve been in my thoughts. I’m relieved that you’ve found help, and wish you recovery in all areas of your health. 💕
Old 05-12-2021, 05:02 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Thank you to all the responses above.

I won't reply individually if that's ok as all are equally appreciated and makes me know there are so many caring people here.

So just an update it's 10am in Hobart and day 6 alcohol free - feel much brighter albeit still dealing with pneumonia - the results were positive that I don't need surgury nor any clots.

The nursing staff have been simply unbelievable and I feel safe and comfortable. The Drs are much harder to deal as seem impersonal with but thats ok, busy and stressful job.

I have a fantastic ward looking over the Derwent river so will continue to use this as start to a better future as I don't want to ever be in a suicidal hungover drunken place ever, ever again.

Hope everyone else is doing ok in their circumstances as it's a long road which I'm only starting.

Chtis
Old 05-12-2021, 05:07 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Sorry double post accidentally

Old 05-12-2021, 05:09 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

I also should add that there are no places for rehab available at the moment.

All have a waiting list so I'll stay here as long as possible to continue recovering with various medications and away from alcphol triggers, and get home treatment when the discharge comes.

Chris

Old 05-12-2021, 05:28 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sounds like a great plan Chris
Old 05-12-2021, 06:35 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Sounds like a great plan Chris
Thanks very much Dee.

I've had enough of half assed efforts where I convince myself I'm ok when eventually it just crashes back down.

I need to get this one right from both a physical and mental perspective. Quite frankly staying alive clearly depends on it and that's not exaggerating.
Old 05-12-2021, 09:36 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Thanks for the update Chris. You know what a dangerous and miserable time you just got through and you know you don't ever want to go there again. And you know you don't have to. You are through it now and it sounds like you are ready to move forwards into the good life you deserve.
Old 05-13-2021, 12:14 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Hi Chris!

ive been following your thread and you’ve been in my thoughts. I’m so pleased you have the support you need! Here’s to an amazing sober life. Please stay in touch so we know how you are getting on!

Take care and hope the ribs heal and pneumonia settles so you can feel better physically and concentrate on sobriety xx
Old 05-13-2021, 05:15 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

I'm glad you've gotten help, Chris. Keep it up!
Old 05-13-2021, 01:50 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Good to hear from you Chris. Best of luck on your recovery journey. Please stick with us here on SR, we're all here for eachother.
Old 05-14-2021, 05:17 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Hi all and thanks you for msgs of support. Definitely read and taken onboard.

Just an update - my firmer side came out of nowhere last night as I've been compliant as possible but I'm glad I did.

I've been cleared of serious pneumonia so have been discharged from the Ward. However the Psych team have not cleared me as still consider me a serious risk of self harm/relapse based on my testing.

So I was told I had to leave by Dr and I refused. The Psych ward is full so I was previously told to stay where I am. Respiratory Dr however said he needs my bed and to leave immediately.

I told him take it up with Psych as I'm only doing as instructed......as in not my decision at all.

Security came to get me and I said If they touch me I'll take serious action.

15m later same Dr comes back and says I can stay for as long as needed and until I'm cleared by Psych to go home........in a tone like he'd been overruled big time behind the scenes.

So yeah, stressful stuff but I want to make my recovery to be successful and I'm following all medical advice to do so.

I understand beds are at a massive shortage here but Psych told me that is not my problem so I'll continue to be guided by them.

Sorry for long post but just shows how disjointed it can be but I have nothing other than amazement as to how fantastic the nursing care has been.

Thank you for reading and I hope you understand why I felt best to do as Psych instructed.

Chris

Old 05-14-2021, 05:44 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you stood up for yourself Chris

D
Old 05-14-2021, 05:52 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you had to fight for yourself Chris, but good job on standing firm and taking care of yourself. I hope you feel better, physically and mentally, soon.
Old 05-14-2021, 06:11 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

I'm glad you stood up for yourself Chris

D
Thanks D.

Feel I want to trust those who are assessing me. I don't feel i've done anything wrong by simply staying as advised.
Old 05-14-2021, 06:12 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
I'm sorry you had to fight for yourself Chris, but good job on standing firm and taking care of yourself. I hope you feel better, physically and mentally, soon.
Thanks Anna. I'm committed to getting better and thank you for your wishes.
Old 05-14-2021, 08:48 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Way to go, Chris! You're already thinking better and taking action to protect yourself.

Proud of you, buddy. Just keep healing, you will make it through this.
Old 05-15-2021, 05:27 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Thanks ADV and all.

Sorry to post too often but being in hospital bed there is not a great deal to do......

All I wanted to say is it's day 8 now and I honestly cannot believe the difference already.

I feel more positive, much clearer minded and even looking forward to the future.

Rather than hiding away drinking I'm chatting to nurses and having laughs and it feels fantastic.

I know I have a very long way to go yet but what I do know is this is the person I want and used to be. It's a huge incentive and quite a reality check.

Thanks to everyone again to at least get me on the right track and now it's up to me to stay on it.

Chris
Old 05-15-2021, 05:41 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Administrator

You're not posting too much Chris - no worries!
D
Old 05-15-2021, 09:46 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

You're not posting too much Chris - no worries!
D
Thanks D.

Unfortunately I just received heartbreaking news.

My parents just visited me and my dog has passed away.

Happened on Friday but as in recovery they didn't want to tell me. The hits last month seem never ending.

Devastated.

Wasn't even there for my best mate due to my drinking............what a disgrace I am.
Old 05-15-2021, 09:57 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm so sorry for your loss Chris.

There's a saying 'try to be the person your dog thinks you are'...
They love us unconditionally.

I'm sure your dog knew how much you loved him.