Notices

Massive relapse

Old 05-04-2021, 01:10 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Chris 2:
Like Mizz says you have to start somewhere. Anywhere.
Booze is not the best brain food. Eat something and hopefully you will drink less, feel better, and see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Old 05-04-2021, 01:18 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Chris2 View Post
Sorry it's best I move on.

I'm really sorry - the forum deserves better than a Tassie guy who can't even fly as too scared.
You’re by no means the first guy to rock up here scared of doing something, but scared of doing nothing, Chris.
It’s a rough place to get and I’ve been there myself.

But that’s why we’re here - help and support...for everyone

D

Old 05-04-2021, 08:05 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Yo Chris where are you buddy? Let us know how you are doing.
Old 05-04-2021, 08:20 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

So many people who have been here on SR proclaim that they are just too uniquely drunk and singularly addicted to be helped. They flee the forum and shout "You cannot save me!!!!". The thing is that you are right. We cannot save you. You have to do the work yourself. But don't think for a second we don't know what you are talking about and don't know EXACTLY where you are coming from.
Old 05-05-2021, 04:16 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TroubleAfoot View Post
Thanks D once again. I do find it very scary being sober........in fact it terrifies me as I've lost basically everything.

All due to Alcohol.......yet I keep drinking to stop feeling so bad. It's bizarre and I honestly know it's wrong but I don't have any other way at the moment
Old 05-05-2021, 04:20 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Thanks D once again. I do find it very scary being sober........in fact it terrifies me as I've lost basically everything.

All due to Alcohol.......yet I keep drinking to stop feeling so bad. It's bizarre and I honestly know it's wrong but I don't have any other way at the moment
There is a way out.

If you are alive you can still quit.

Start today. What's your plan for quitting drinking? Can you cut back to one bottle today and just tough it out? Will you call a crisis line? It's not going to get better unless you make it so.

I take it you lost custody of your daughter or they moved away? If you want her in your life, sobering up is the first step. Heck, if you want anything good in your life, start making that happen.
Old 05-05-2021, 04:20 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TroubleAfoot View Post
I'm still here mate. Lots of negative thoughts today and struggling.

I went to get my anti-depressants but my parents have hidden them. I got upset and they called me a psycho and said they've never needed them.

It's hard as I don't think they understand or get it at all. They in fact are making me worse.

Mum also called me a "filthy animal" as she's quite drunk tonight - I've only had a few but it still really hurts me and makes me drink even more........
Old 05-05-2021, 04:24 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

I did not lose my daughter due to Alcohol ^^

I lost her as my ex-wife screwed me over and lied that I was sneaking into her bed, watching her naked and other vulgar stuff.

That has led me to here not the other way around just to be clear.

I was and still maintain I was an excellent father.

Old 05-05-2021, 08:00 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Just want to say thanks to everyone on here.

Sincerely as it's extremely valuable to me.

People here understand. Most people don't it seems, even family and friends.
Old 05-05-2021, 08:31 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

We do understand Chris, and we care about you. You can do this man.
Old 05-05-2021, 10:22 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Nobody can understand Chris2 except us folks who suffer from the same affliction. I'm so sorry you are hurting. I have no doubt you were and still are an excellent attorney and loving father. And that fit body is still in there somewhere waiting to emerge from the ordeal. But here is the thing - we open ourselves up and make ourselves large slow-moving targets when we get hammered. Claims that you are bad at everything are so easy to lob towards a scary 3-bottle drinker. And such accusations are nearly impossible to defend against when you are in that state.

You can absolutely have all of the things back that drinking played its part in you losing. Your career, your daughter, your independence and your health. You can have all that back if you stop drinking. That is the first and last step from here on out man.
Old 05-06-2021, 01:55 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by advbike View Post
We do understand Chris, and we care about you. You can do this man.
Thanks mate.

Not sure you're right as I rang Emergency again and said no beds so I'm completely lost.

Parents want me on the street as I bought more wine. They say just stop "and let's go for dinner" but they refuse to understand I'm not capable of it.

So they went to dinner now Police turned up.
Old 05-06-2021, 01:57 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Surrendered19 View Post
Nobody can understand Chris2 except us folks who suffer from the same affliction. I'm so sorry you are hurting. I have no doubt you were and still are an excellent attorney and loving father. And that fit body is still in there somewhere waiting to emerge from the ordeal. But here is the thing - we open ourselves up and make ourselves large slow-moving targets when we get hammered. Claims that you are bad at everything are so easy to lob towards a scary 3-bottle drinker. And such accusations are nearly impossible to defend against when you are in that state.

You can absolutely have all of the things back that drinking played its part in you losing. Your career, your daughter, your independence and your health. You can have all that back if you stop drinking. That is the first and last step from here on out man.
Thank you so much.

Sorry.....just got Police gone so a tad upset mate.

100% agree with your post and I do understand
Old 05-06-2021, 02:00 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Police actually really great as they thought I'm dangerous etc off the call.

I'm not like that at all.......we had a good chat and a few laughs as I used to work closely with Police as an Attorney/Lawyer. I have zero criminal record.

So I'm not evicted yet......
Old 05-06-2021, 05:56 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Sorry all.

I'm ending it
Old 05-06-2021, 06:03 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Don't do that Chris2. Stay with us. What is going on with the police? It seems you were able to talk to them. Nothing is broken that cannot be fixed my friend.
Old 05-06-2021, 07:51 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Administrator

Chris, it sounds like you were quite upset, understandably, about the Police checking on you. But, it's done and you got through it. I really hope that you continue to post and let us know how you're doing.
Old 05-06-2021, 10:36 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Sorry all.

I'm ending it
The only thing you are ending is your drinking. Stick with us. You know you can do this.
Old 05-06-2021, 12:03 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Police actually really great as they thought I'm dangerous etc off the call.

I'm not like that at all.......we had a good chat and a few laughs as I used to work closely with Police as an Attorney/Lawyer. I have zero criminal record.

So I'm not evicted yet......
What happened, man? Things sounded better last yesterday ^^^. I hope you stay with us Chris. You can do this, one step at a time. What exactly is the deal with no hospital beds?
Old 05-07-2021, 04:36 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by advbike View Post
What happened, man? Things sounded better last yesterday ^^^. I hope you stay with us Chris. You can do this, one step at a time. What exactly is the deal with no hospital beds?
Firstly thanks to all the ^^ posts. So if haven't quoted directly I mean it.

Hospital AUST supposed to be great - it's completely horrific. They don't give beds to alcoholics......I've been extremely polite when in withdrawal but still told to leave as "self inflicted".

I now have Private insurance but it's a 2 mth wait until I can access it......

I love Australia but our health system is bloody disgraceful